Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Smithing Guild

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
IC'ly: Roy has begun planning the layout and construction of the guild itself, while also coming up with a set of rules concerning the guild, as well as different things that will be present.

Rules:
1. Members will not steal, threaten, or harm other members.
2. You'll earn your pay when you do your work, each member earns the keep for their crafts and their crafts alone. If two members work together on a craft, the pay is split.
3. All members work equally, no member will be called upon to create more than another, nor will one be forced to work the shop more than another.
4. Apprentices must learn! Any veteran blacksmith found not helping an apprentice learn when asked will be warned, if it happens again, punishments will be decided.
5. The restricted smithy is meant only for those of the council and who the council have deemed ready, should you somehow have made your way in, a punishment will be decided.

What the guild will have:
Guild store for anyone to come in and make purchases or leave orders to be fulfilled.
Guild messageboard describing events, orders to be fulfilled, and announcements.
Workshop for more mechanical crafts.
Forging area to be used by any and all members.
Jewelry crafting area with the necessary tools to work on small chains, cutting gems, etc.
Living area for members who may need it or are staying a prolonged period of time.
Brewery area for downtime as well as a bit of extra cash.
Kitchen and lounge to help members unwind
Guild archives to store information
Material and crafting storages
Steelery (Only in restricted smithy)
Practice room for those wishing to try out their crafts.

OOC'ly: 80% of Blacksmithing rp is inside a smithy, constantly typing out dialogue on making a craft, selling a craft, ordering a craft, etc. Jasper151627237 and I talked about making a guild for blacksmiths and, well, here it is! Currently the guild will be stationed in Zima'Maloj, though it needs DEFINITE renovating. Currently, I wanna focus on getting this up and running before I start to give out a lot more details, though I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone has, and if they want more details, I can give em to ya! Right now, I'm looking for blacksmiths to join the guild, builders to renovate it, and people to sponsor it.

Details:
The Blacksmith's guild will be based in Zima'Maloj and will be a place for other blacksmith characters to interact with each other much more easily. The purpose of the guild is actually a few things:
Help train new apprentices and give them a place to stay until they are finished learning.
Help other blacksmith's learn new tricks of the trade and maybe new items/alloys to forge if they find someone willing to share that information with them.
Got an order too large to fill on your own? Tell the guild, the others will gladly help so long as they get a portion of the profit.
The guild will work in tandem, not to spread the fame of the guild around, but to help the world learn of each individual blacksmith so that they are recognized as individuals.
the crafts of each smith shall be more easily available to other regions due to partnerships with a trading company of some sort (Cough cough The Tottot Balatro Cough cough)
Festival coming up? the guild will ask each member to pay a small portion to help run a stand at said event, each member will contribute equal crafts and time to helping this stand, then they shall receive a portion of profit equal to their contribution, this not only helps the members with working a bit less, it also allows the characters time to interact at these events without worrying about their sales.
Lastly, the guild will have no leader, instead, there shall be three council members. These council members have an equal say in everything as everyone else, this means that the guild is run by its members. HOWEVER, the council will be made up of the only three people (to my knowledge) that are currently active and know how to make steel, they alone will decide if they find anyone that they believe should be taught. Should any character be found learning steel on their own, they shall be added to the council until it becomes too big, then it shall be deemed common knowledge, and taught freely.
The guild will meet about once a month (We're gonna try for Sundays as that's one of the days Jasper151627237 is available.
Drinks will be served as well as food, courtesy of the Zima'Maloj tavern "The Murky Lizard" (Should I be able to find someone to work at said tavern) and guests are allowed to stay for a few days in the guild itself should they wish to work more on anything.
Any questions? Feel free to ask below, once this gets started IC'ly, I'll format it the right way and start putting up notices.

Current Builders (OOC):
CloakedReaper
Raykaystar

Current Blacksmith members:
Roy Beledrent (Council Member) CyberChaosV2
Akasha Cerridwen (Council Member) Lady Alec
Thordil Barumur (I learned this time!(Council Member)) Jasper151627237
Kalrag Madox (???)

Current Other members:
Borgan Anguta (Guild Guard) Bakaling

Want to join the guild? Post this in the thread!

Character Name:
IGN:
Current Profession: (Blacksmith, Silversmith, Goldsmith, Jeweler, Engineer, Apprentice)
Experience:

Last edited:

Raykaystar

Lord of Altera
IC'ly: Currently nothing done yet, still need to take care of some stuff before Roy can actually do anything to set it up.

OOC'ly: 80% of Blacksmithing rp is inside a smithy, constantly typing out dialogue on making a craft, selling a craft, ordering a craft, etc. Jasper151627237 and I talked about making a guild for blacksmiths and, well, here it is! Currently the guild will be stationed in Zima'Maloj, though it needs DEFINITE renovating. Currently, I wanna focus on getting this up and running before I start to give out a lot more details, though I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone has, and if they want more details, I can give em to ya! Right now, I'm looking for blacksmiths to join the guild, builders to renovate it, and people to sponsor it.
Oh interest!

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
like I said, any builders willing to help would be appreciated, especially if it was IC. I'll see about arranging payments, but that'll have to be discussed afterwards as the layout is a bit strange

Tempy_

Insert Custom Title here
Tempy_
Tempy_
You could always contact Illthilior and hire him for that 'help me with renovation' part. C:

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
You could always contact Illthilior and hire him for that 'help me with renovation' part. C:
I would...but Roy doesn't know him XD and chances are quite high that some people who are good friends of Roy that dislike Illthilior would be there sooooo...yeaaaaahhh...

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
updooted, put in a small block o text to crush other posts beneath it...needless to say, it didn't really work out. that being said, if you have a blacksmith character, I'd be happy to at least hear your thoughts! And if you're a builder...SIGN UP PLEASE I BEG YOU I WILL LOVE YOU LONG TIME BLESSINGS OF THE FEESH SHALL GO YOUR WAY!

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
My character is an architect. I don't think he knows you ic but azure should know of my skills.

P.s. is there an elven blacksmith in the group? Or someone that knows the elven style?

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
My character is an architect. I don't think he knows you ic but azure should know of my skills.

P.s. is there an elven blacksmith in the group? Or someone that knows the elven style?
there's no specific elven method of blacksmithing, no race has any style or technique to make them better than one another, just skills as a blacksmith in general :)
that being said, there is actually an elven blacksmith in this group. Lady Alec
That being said, I'll be putting up posters in a bunch of different areas to advertise the blacksmith's guild and what it needs as soon as everything IC is figured out and done with.

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
I wasn't implying special techniques. Each culture has its own design preference or detail art. As example europian armor swords differ in style and look compared to say those of the far east or Japan at the time.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
I wasn't implying special techniques. Each culture has its own design preference or detail art. As example europian armor swords differ in style and look compared to say those of the far east or Japan at the time.
while normally true, all the races in the Northern Kingdoms seem to use the same basis of weaponry, as well as sticking to whatever works and going for practicality, it seems like all races use the same style of weapons with individual smiths putting their own unique spin on things as a sort of schtick to help them define themselves and create distance to seperate them from other, average blacksmiths.

Tot

Lord of Altera
Frosty
The_Tottot
The_Tottot
Frosty
McMuffin here! I already sell weapons for Jasper! No harm in assisting in more business! Hit me up home slice!

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
while normally true, all the races in the Northern Kingdoms seem to use the same basis of weaponry, as well as sticking to w
while normally true, all the races in the Northern Kingdoms seem to use the same basis of weaponry, as well as sticking to whatever works and going for practicality, it seems like all races use the same style of weapons with individual smiths putting their own unique spin on things as a sort of schtick to help them define themselves and create distance to seperate them from other, average blacksmiths.
Thanks, I kinda got that from how people rp their stuff. I just always imagined that the dwarfs and elfs weapons/armor had more of a Tolken or dnd look when catering to themselves.

Raykaystar

Lord of Altera
Thanks, I kinda got that from how people rp their stuff. I just always imagined that the dwarfs and elfs weapons/armor had more of a Tolken or dnd look when catering to themselves.
I could see different races having different favored styles. It may not be official but if you think about it, it makes sence.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
I could see different races having different favored styles. It may not be official but if you think about it, it makes sence.
not to be a killjoy, but can we keep the topic of smithing techniques and styles on a down low? This is more of a thread for the guild if you don't mind. I,admittedly, got a bit sucked in myself, but would appreciate it if we stuck to the topic at hand hmm?