Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

TheDuples Application [Accepted - Cukie1]

TheDuples

Lord of Altera
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
TheDuples

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
Canada

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is roleplaying in a way in which your character knows something that they should not. For instance, if a player heard of a secret RP event on Skype which they were not personally invited to in-character, and they showed up to it without IC knowledge of it or of its location, that would be metagaming.

Powergaming is when someone exerts their will over another player or players, without the consent of those players. A player who roleplays as a knight could claim that, because their character is so big and strong, all attacks against them do nothing, and all of the knight's attacks are an insta-kill. This would be an example of powergaming.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Squidziod

8. Tell us about yourself!
My name is Pierre, I am a Canadian citizen who enjoys ridiculously obscure sci-fi novels, and long walks on the beach. I am currently studying to get a doctorate in Psychology. I enjoy sketching, and writing, and I am even writing a novel at the moment, however I am also an avid film enthusiast, who tries to makes decent short films when I get the time. I have a Labrador retriever. I dislike bagels, but I adore pretzels.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Unfortunately I have nothing that I can reveal at the moment. Although I might post a few sketches I've done in the past at some point.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server? A user named Firegirl, I've forgotten her IG name, but she referred this server to me, and I've known her from other rp servers.
About Your Character!

Character Name:
Boetius

Character Age:

Character Race:
Caparii Greathorn

Appearance:
A 6 foot tall, pale, dark-haired, reasonably attractive, male Caparii Greathorn, with an wildly unkempt appearance. This Caparii, who goes by the name of Boetius possesses a large, scraggly, dark brown beard that has never been combed since its initial conception, and a long mane that would suggest the same manner of treatment. Boetius's eyes are a striking green, and help to amplify the suggestion of his wild and untamed nature. Boetius wears a thin, green, and twig-laden cloth garment that covers his chest, but leaves his muscular arms bare. He also wears a rudimentary set of of leather shoulder-coverings that offer minimal protection, and also wears a simple loincloth.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
No picture available at the moment
Written Test!

The young and vibrant Boetius was bored. What a strange feeling that had come upon him so suddenly as he lay upon the forest floor, staring at the stars. The feeling had come upon him so suddenly and with such unusual potency that he was compelled to do something rather unlike himself; to sigh discontentedly. Was it that the stars were just as they were the night before? Was it that the forest looked the same all around him? Was it that his friends, who he had known for so long, were the same as they had ever been? Any other day, Boetius would have set aside these thoughts, and taken up another drink, however this night in particular, even the wine seemed too similar to the last bottle that he had drank.

If he was to be completely honest with himself, Boetius had been feeling this way for a while, although the acknowledgement of such a feeling had only just reached him. What was it that had sent this idea of sameness spiraling into his mind? After all, it was a very unpleasant feeling, and he'd very much like to find the source of it and get rid of it.

Several theories began charging around in Boetius's brain. Had the wine gone bad? No, preposterous! He found this wine himself, inside some tree-choppers lumber mill, and all of his friends had agreed that it tasted divine, same as he. Perhaps he merely had a cold, and was feeling ill. This too was unlikely, he certainly didn't feel ill, just bored. He pondered this for a while, as he sat up, and peered across the room at the painting he had borrowed without permission from the tree-chopper.

The castle in the painting's frame was a sight to behold, and Boetius took the time to admire it, forgetting his troubled thoughts for a brief time. He gazed, transfixed by spires as tall as mountains, and a palace of grey-white stone. Horses as white as the stars above him, ridden by knights in armor as black as basalt. What a glorious image! What a vision of beauty and wonder!

Boetius paused in his revelry for a moment, realizing the source of his strange feeling. It would not be enough to destroy the painting, that would only make him desire to see it more. No, Boetius would have to venture out of the forest, and find this castle himself; take in its splendor, and meet its inhabitants. Only then would he be able to return to his life of indulgence.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Sorry for the long wait. Give me a bit to look over

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guideonce you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
I'll let you know when you've been whitelisted unless another mentor does it, As I'm currently not at the computer.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Should be whitelisted. Do /warp whitelist once you get online