Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

TheGamerRian's re-application [Approved- solus]

TheGamerRian

Lord of Altera

1) What is your MINECRAFT username?: TheGamerRian ;)
2) How old are you?: 14 Sir.
3) Where are you?: Ireland, I'm yar Neighbar

4) Have you read our guides yet?: Yes, yes I have!
5) Introduce yourself!:

I am a young entrepreneur and gamer who takes a passion in all things code. From Engineering and Electronics to Game Development and Webdesign I'm your guy

I tend to keep up to date with all programming fashions but other then that I am an out of date snob wearing sixties clothes.

I enjoy school and my education for the most part and generally get good grades. I have several Certificates in Lua,Web development and Ruby which as been called amazing for someone of my age and I am glad to be the CodeKid of the year 2011 - 2013
I enjoy Rollplay because I am brilliant at playing-in-character, I am very mature for my age.

I work as a support manager intern at StickyPiston host since I have been legally able to work and I really enjoy it as I am a good people-person!

My Hobbies are Programming, Graphic Design, Rollplay and Bossing people around (Especially the last one :p)

The gamer I have enjoyed the most are easily the ones that allow for infinite gameplay time such as minecraft and terraria due to its sandbox nature

I am a big fan of sandbox games and openworld games because I like to express myself in what I do albeit a redstone creation that took me years to complete or a decent building that took me 10 millennial (I'm not that good of a builder at all)

6) Got any examples of your work?:
http://rianscode.com is my website

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdXhAJhq18RXoW3mTvqH6SQ is my youtube channel where I put random shizzlewizzle and animations done by me
http://rianerrity.imgur.com/ a variety of my stuff expressed in images

7)
Referral-

I was referred to this server by CatalystGaming, a current player on your server who also happens to be a close friend of mine.

Name- Faren Gun'dar

Race: Dwarf
Appearance
: He leaned over the forge, the hammer crashing down on the anvil. His eyes were Illuminated by the flames, two dark coals set alight by the forge. He was short, as most dwarves are, his features stolid, as if made of stone. His red beard, which reached his stomach, was carefully trimmed. His scalp was balding, although two sideburns ran around his ears. He wore a weather-stained brown cloak around him, over a leather tunic dotted with iron studs. He wore two black boots, and trousers tarnished with ash.
About-
Personality-
Faren is modest, honest, and short-tempered. He can be irrational at times although he always apologizes , especially in anger. His anger is what made him have to leave home after many o' fights Unlike most dwarves, he is reluctant to fight others, unless the need is great He believes that a Hard Days work gets a Good days pay. He always tried to play peacekeeper if the need arose although these times were in great rarity. He is hard-working and friendly. His skills lie in his more than adept skills at blacksmithing. He creates fine weapons and armour, primarily. His fighting skills are lacking, compared to those of most of his race. However, his strength alone gains him an edge in battle, even without training to fall back on.
Backstory-
A cold,
Northerly wind blew bitterly. From the north all I could see was total destruction, I came from a land of pure chaos and terror and I was born in the center of it. I hated my life and the people in it other then my mother, she knew me best my father wanted me to get out of the poverty cycle and get a better job then a blacksmith which had been the family business for generations although I couldn't I was never the smartest bunch and most of the time I was short fused and arrogant although no matter what I stayed true to myself. I was born to a dwarvern couple in the thirteen hundreds we hadn't a family pet and I had three brothers Growing up was tough as my brother Samuel had died from what the locals called “Black death” although lucky for the rest of us, We did not catch it which was a rare occurrence during these times once one member in your family got it everyone got it, after he died my mother became very clingy of me as I was the youngest of the four kids she had. Although this was in contrast to my father because all he did was push me away as he wanted me to become something I wasn't a hunter, I never had the heart to kill although I was amazingly good at the art of blacksmithery, When I left home for the town my father gave me the hammer that was passed down from generation to generation in my family, I can still remember his exact words “Son, I want you to have this. It was my fathers and his fathers and so on. It means a lot to me that no matter how much of a hard time I put you through you never gave up on me as a father” This had given me the strength to leave home to become an apprentice blacksmith in order for me to create my master-peace to gain the title of master and I here I stand over 4 Years Later looking back on what my life was which was in Juxtaposition of what it is now. And I am very grateful of this and am proud to be a member of the Gun'dar Family and I wonder what the future holds for me in the hollowed world.

Thanks for taking the time to read my application and I hope to be hearing from you at your earliest convenience and I am sorry I was inactive on my past application and hopefully this will be different with my updated backstory
- Ta ta
TheGamerRian/ Faren Gun'dar

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Heya- I've noticed there were lots of run on sentences. Just be sure to pace yourself writing when roleplaying. Altera is now in the twenty-third century of the Fifth Era- so we wouldn't be using any terms such as "1300s". The European's notorious "Plague" is also not known in the world, however- we /have/ had a few small plagues infecting some people in the past. Just not large scale enough. If it helps- you can just refer to it as a severe sickness. I'd also like to help note that we're in the world of Altera and specifically live in the Northern Kingdoms. Just check the dynomap on navigation above to see the land.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.