Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Thyme, Spice Girl . . . Boy. Spice Boy. Male member of the Spice Girls. [Approved-Ayda]

Oz the Puny and Pitiful

Lord of Altera
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
UltimateZZV

2. How old are you?
16, will be an elderly 17 year old in exactly 19 days.

3. What country are you from?
The GOOD and GOD BLESSED country of GUN TOTIN' YOU ESS OF 'MERICA

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming: The use of OOC or unavailable knowledge IC or where it shouldn't be available. An example would be this complicated following story;
Person A knows OOCly where Base R is. Base R is owned by Team X, and is strategically important to Team Y. Character A, the character of Person A, doesn't know where it is, but Person A leads a large army of Y-ians to Base R through secret-hidden entrance G, that of which most X-ians don't even know of. Team Y then is lead by Person A throughout the facility, despite none of them actually knowing anything about it, they unlock key-code doors and objects of the such with secret code V.

Powergaming: The forcing of actions to succeed, creating of a character that breaks lore, or doing an action physically, mentally, or arcanically impossible for your character. I.E. a Newborn baby murdering a bodybuilder with his pinky finger.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Squidziod

8. Tell us about yourself!
I was born at a very young age to the name Zachary Vajda, the surname of course, as it appears to have been, was inherited from a bowl of alphabet soup that had fallen at the floor at the moment of my birth. For some reason or another, both my father and mother happen to have the same surname. How odd...

I'm a very active participant in my school's Speech & Debate team. In fact, the moment that I'm writing this (1:38 AM Central Timezone) is a mere hour after finally having returned home from my last tournament of the school year. I almost made state, however one judge ranked me lower than the others and ruined everything. No hard feelings, though.
Ha.
Haha.

Ha.

The events a perform in are, in order of quality; Duet Acting, Extemporaneous Speaking, Radio Speaking, Humorous Interpretation, Informative, Poetry, and if necessary I can fill in with an Original Oratory. Sadly I'm only allowed 3 per tournament.

Enough about speech, however. I have a varied skill set and even more so varied interest pool. I enjoy talking economics, politics, religion, philosophy, history, weight lifting, english, and most anything else but chemistry and maths. I live in Southwest Rural Missouri, and am prone to using humor native to the region. If you have any questions, comments, concerns, contemplations, and or threats, feel free to contact me at Tap.Water#7611 on Discord or through whatever means you find necessary.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I was, for about a week, head of Lore Team for an extremely dead Still-In-Progress RP server known as "Tale of Banners". I put a few days effort into the outline for a plague, the lore can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wlE41uif55TJ-UqAxRI4dEDM-idq65zGZ13XCZ67DDE/edit?usp=sharing It's extremely rough and very unfinished, but... It's there, at least.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Uh
Ambi, I guess? I was here a long while ago, so, uh?
Yeah?

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Thyme

Character Gender:
Male
(Not part of the official template, I just thought it would be nice to have.)

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Thyme, much unlike what his name suggests, is not a plant, but in fact a full fledged growing human boy! He looks rather average overall, tough with sharp and well formed features for someone his age. The eyes he uses to, y'know, see, are a deep brown, and are medium in size. His black hair is curly, and kept in a short cut. As for his body, he's well shaped, though thin overall.

Thyme is naively 'noble', happy-go-lucky, somewhat pacifistic, defensive, headstrong, and arrogant, though not prideful. He's a smart cookie but doesn't like to admit it-- uses smarts to get out of having to do things. Lazy.

(We just want to make sure things like hair color, eye color, skin color, and clothing is all fitting for the setting/lore we have.)

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)

Written Test!

I seem to find myself here a lot.

… Well, not here. I’m a nomad. I move. I’ve never been here before.

It’s in the name, numbnuts.

Where I have found myself, however, is certainly a recognizable situation. In fact, I knew where I was going a mile away… Er… Metaphorically, that is. I could tell the situation was developing this way the moment it started, rather.

Okay, so maybe that’s a lie. Maybe I just keep finding myself in these situations because I just can’t learn a lesson. Maybe I have dealt with this exact same kind of person so many times that I should have known not to get wound up in all of this. Maybe I should start taking actual action instead of staring dumbfounded by what lay before me. … Stood. What stood before me. It did lay at one point, but, much like I should have expected, that changed.

It’s… Probably time for exposition. Let’s start from… This morning.

First thing I did?

Woke up.

Duh.

That’s the boring part, actually. Let’s skip to… Oh, yeah, when Lavender brought us to this wonderful city! I’m not quite sure what the name is… It’s nice, though. Warm. I like warm places. Anyway, so I decided to go out on my own after a bit, Sage was being annoying, after all, and I found myself at the local Apothecary, studying his equipment and practice. When I found his stock of medical wild clary, I thought I’d buy some and bring it home. I love finding different kinds of sage and covering Sage in sage. It’s just funny.

Well, that was all well and good, until I went to bring these wares to the Apothecary’s store window, when suddenly I realized I wasn’t at an Apothecary, rather, I found that I was at a Weaver’s Stall at the marketplace. To top it all off, I didn’t have any money with me! I don’t quite know what happened, how I got to the stall in the first place, or how I didn’t realize it was a stall and not an Apothecary’s structure, an Apothecary, as it’s known, but that didn’t stop me!

I put the clary in front of the weaver and demanded the transfer of these goods to my pocket! Lo and behold, however, as the weaver was a chicken! What’s worse, it dared squeak at me, as one may expect it would, but the squeak it squeaked was squeaked while it stood upon its left foot! Claw… Footclaw! This, of course, as any man should take it, was immediately taken as an insult. For he had insulted not only my mother, but Sage too! My twin brother, no less! Poor Sage didn’t even know what he was called by this man, nay, chicken! Not even a rooster!

As any logical person should do, I quickly took to leaving with the goods. I needn’t take such a grievous insult from a shopkeep, lest a chicken! It then dawned on me: I wasn’t in fact holding clary. I was, indeed, in possession of some form of rounded fruit! I believe it’s what one calls a pear? Odd. I then noticed the chicken-beak holes and dents put into it. It then occurred to me I left the clary at the stall. I sighed, and returned to the stall, but the chicken was gone! The clary was there, though. Wait a moment…

And then… It hit me.

It being the chicken.

Well, I suppose, in legal senses, it was a miscreant.

Someone was holding it by the legs. They had smacked my upside the head with the body of the chicken! I hadn’t even need see the fowl to know from the feel and sound of the creature it had died shortly after making such powerful contact with my own body! Rather, my head, I suppose. Whoever it was, they have killed a chicken with a man! Such an awful crime should receive immediate punishment!

After, of course, I pick myself back up. Literally, I fell over, it took me by so much surprise! I stood up, raising my little boy fists to prepare for a fight! But there was no one around me! Well, there was the weaver chicken. But it was a mere corpse at my feet. Must’ve been some prankster. I left the pear at the chicken, rubbing my head as I walked to the stall. Here, I picked up the clary I had so longed for, ready to make my way back home, er, wagon. My way back wagon. I don’t have a home, I have a wagon.

That chicken probably did good damage to my brain.

Yikes.

Of course, along the way, I heard a woman crying for help! Her… Human? Her male partner of some kind, possibly a family member, had fallen ill!

I followed her down the alley she lived along, of course. I’m an herbalist, afterall!
A nomad, but an herbalist. Ironic, given my name, I know. Herbs. Either way, I had found the wakeless body of her male half, and that’s where we pick back up with the story.

It seemed he was suffering from… Nothing? How odd. The clary can’t help someone who’s got nothing wrong with th- Wait why’s he- Oh hold on I know what’s… Yeah, alright, uh, Ma’am, you can… Please put the knife down…

What? My money? But… I have no money?

N-... No? Uh, I have… Clary sage. That’s…

Yes, quite, I know it’s not… Enough for bread…

Oh, no, of course I’m not homeless. I’m a nomad, you see! An herbalist, by tr- Oh y- Er… No? … Yes?

No, well, you see, that’s… No, I did just come from the marketplace, I know…

Heh, that’s… Well, it’s a funny story, you see, it had to do with a dead chicken, a half-pecked pair, and an apothecary who was actually a tailor. … Er, Weaver, yes.

What do you mean I can just go home?

Er… That’s an odd thing to thank someone for, wasting your time, but… You’re welcome? Yes. That. Have… Good luck in your future muggings. Yes.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.