BoredBrit

Lord of Altera
Legend
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Uriel
==================
Honour the Gods. Love your woman. Defend your country.
- Prince Hector | Troy

==================

When I was younger I dreamt such wonderful dreams. My dreams were those that you can expect of one born to the slums with a working mother- a warm home, a safe house, a father to love and guide me. As I grew, I did all I could to bring those dreams to fruition. I vowed to make something of myself, so that Mother wouldn't have to work as she did anymore. I vowed to join the Guard and clean up the streets of Storm's Landing, so that no other would have to sleep wracked with worry as we did.
Each day, I put my whole self into being the best person that I could be. I did everything I could to be the face that one thinks of when they need help. I tried to make everyone's life brighter, safer and happier.
When I joined the Storm's Guard, I found the first of my dreams being fulfilled. I could finally provide for my mother and our home. Every radiant I earned was pushed into her hands, that we may live a happier life and for a while, everything was good. When I found Valiant, I found another of my dreams being fulfilled. I had a father, I had someone out there who wished to look out for me and guide me to being the very best person I could be. He showed me the ways to help those around me and I did.
I remember thinking of the world so differently, then. The world was a fairy tale, a storybook where the good always got what they deserved and happy endings were just around the corner. I yearn for those days, for that naivete. Instead, I stand with the harsh brutal reality of this world we live in; my home destroyed, mother murdered. My city devolving into chaos. My dreams lay shattered, each and every one of them.
These days, I do not dream often. My nights are filled instead with worry for the future and all I can do is prepare for the day that war comes again, the day that I must take up sword and shield against the next foe that decides to test us. I once served the naive perception of the world I had created with my youth. Now, I recognise the world for what it is and it is my duty to make it better. I am to fight against those that threaten us and take every step that I may to make tomorrow safer. This is my duty and I will remain vigilant.

Last edited:

BoredBrit

Lord of Altera
Legend
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend

==================
Defend thy people and thy nobleman
==================

|| GENERAL INFORMATION ||
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Name: Uriel Valhart
Other Names:
- Malgrave. Unknown to Uriel, and disconnected through the laws of bastardy, but there is a blood tie there.
Titles: Softskull, Shield of Bravery, the Brave.
Race: Human.
Sexuality: Uriel's growing interest in the fairer sex has met conflict in light of the virtue of chastity. He seeks a healthy balance in his life.
Relationship Status: Single and unbetrothed, as one would expect.
Homeland: Storm’s Landing.
Current Residence: A cavern on some uncharted island to the North that he has taken to calling 'Aegis'.
Social Status: Captain of the Storm's Guard.
Profession: Prophet of Valiant - Captain of the Guard.

==================
To Protect the Weak and the Defenseless.
==================

|| PHYSICAL APPEARANCE ||
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Appearance: Uriel is a broadshouldered, stoic faced young man. He is often seen stood straight with a hand upon the pommel of his sheathed shortsword, as he has seen knights are wont to do. His expression is often found to be dour and stoic, it is rare now to see him as joyous as he once was.
Height: He towers over those of a similar age to him, standing at 6’4.
Weight: He weighs in at about 175lbs.
Eye Colour: A stormy-sea blue.
Skin: As tan as living in the midlands can allow, pockmarked with scars along his arms and left hand. A great puncture scar is found on his chest and a smaller scar is found on the right side of his head, covered by hair. A nasty line of a scar, akin to an attempted evisceration, runs along his stomach. Another, piercing scar the width of a blade can be found upon his upper stomach.
Distinguishing Features: White hair.
Build of Body: Uriel is a tall and stocky lad, for his age, he is quite large and imposing.
Hair Colour: White, almost crystalline in the sunlight.
Hair Style: A shock of short white hair, easily kept without hassle. Since the stasis ended, Uriel has allowed his face to grow a beard, ensuring it is cut in and smart as best he can.
Posture: Uriel is often found standing with his feet shoulder width apart and his hands behind his back.
Hygiene: As clean as he can keep himself. He washes daily.

==================
Betray not your companions of War, nor your land
==================

|| PERSONALITY ||
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[Strengths]
- Is determined to see things through.
- Always tries to be the best he can be.
- Justice first. Feelings later.
- His faith in Valiant.
[Weaknesses]
- His anger, righteous or otherwise.
- Needlessly seeks approval.
- Always tries to be the best he can be.
- He can seem robotic, or even cold.
Dislikes: Rudeness | Rulebreaking
Fears: Oblivion | Death | Disappointment
Values: Chivalry | Humility | Patience
Education: His mother, Raalvara, Podric and Jaden have educated him in various aspects of life. He can read and write.
Languages:
- Common
- Lavoyarde
- Rede
- Elven
General Attitude: Uriel has become rather stoic and cold in recent years. He believes there is a widespread disgregard for others in the world, with the needs of the one being held far above the needs of the many. This jaded mindset, mixed with his conflicting hopeful naivete has led to much confusion within him that often boils out him in the form of anger. He is slow to trust, and scrutinises everyone to the highest degree, but none more than he scrutinises himself which is often evidenced in his being quick to offer his own opinions on matters. Most recently, Uriel has found himself withdrawn in the wake of his death. He wonders long and hard what it means.
Religious Inclination: Valiant. Uriel has taken on the role bestowed on him as Blessed of Valiant. Since the death of his mother, Uriel's faith has become more and more important to him. Uriel has settled into his role as a representative and mouthpiece of Valiant. Not only does he believe this helps bring him purpose, but it also ensures he keeps himself grounded and looking for what is truly good in his own and other people's actions.
General Intelligence: Average intelligence for an average lad.
General Sociability: Uriel is more often than not quiet and stand-offish, without meaning to be so.
Temperament: He's a quiet one who tries to be calm and polite. Yet, beneath there is a layer of anger that bubbles to surface more often than in the past.
Alignment: Lawful Good (Potentially Lawful Stupid)
Short Term Goals:
- Continued servitude.
- A new temple.
Long Term Goals:
- Continued approval.
- Recover what was lost.
- Court of Conflict.

==================
To despise the mortal reward of riches.
==================

|| POSSESSIONS ||
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Wardrobe:
- Plain Clothes | A tan shirt, leather jerkin and trousers.
- Light Armour | Thick layers of gambeson, chain and brigantine. Visored bascinet.
- Heavy Armour | A set of steel plate armour, chain and gambeson. Visored bascinet.
- Drakehide Cloak | A sanguine cloak supposedly made out of the hide of a long dead drake.
Items:
- Shield of Valour
- Emberlark Feather.
- Golden Dagger.
- Bear tooth.
- Others, too.
Owned Homes: Blackrush Temple | Blackrush Homestead
Carried Inventory: See Weaponry. See Wardrobe. A small amount of Radiants.
General Wealth: 7300 Radiants, perhaps at max. His current wage is 800r per week.

==================
Seek to fight conflict with a steady fury
==================
|| HEALTH ||
▬▬▬▬▬▬
Illnesses: None.
Allergies: None.
Injuries: Currently plagued by no injuries. Lets see how long that lasts.
Broken Bones:
- Left Leg | Healed.
- Skull | Healed by Formistry.
- Ribs | Healed.
Sleeping Habits: Sleeps at night.
Energy Levels: Conserved, for times of need.
Eating Habits: Eats well.
Exercise Habits: Trains daily.
Memory: Fairly good.
Unhealthy Habits: Has a tendency to put himself in harm's way.
Drinking Habits: None.

==================
Lie not, for honor is what binds you
==================

|| COMBAT ||
▬▬▬▬▬▬
Peaceful or violent: Uriel is a peaceful person by nature, but will resort to violence if the situation requires it.
Weaponry:
- Steel Arming Sword | Gifted to Uriel by Podric as one of a pair. Currently kept at home. Blessed by Valiant.
- Steel Greatsword | Given to Uriel by Arike upon his death. Currently kept with Arike's remains.
- Steel Halberd | Given to Uriel by Arike upon his death. Currently kept with Arike's remains.
- Steel Dane-Axe | Given to Uriel by Arike upon his death. Currently kept with Arike's remains.
- Heavy Crossbow | Given to Uriel by Arike upon his death. Currently kept with Arike's remains.
- Crystal Blade | Gifted to Uriel by Know. Currently kept in the Shrine of Valiant atop the Valsaddle.
Combat Training:
- Raalvara | Uriel has sparred with the Countess many times.
- Podric | Uriel trains plentifully with Podric.
==================
To refrain from the giving of Offence, and to seek
forgiveness when one does give offense to another.

==================

==================
Cower not upon thy enemy's field
==================

Last edited:

BoredBrit

Lord of Altera
Legend
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend

RELATIONS:
Podric -
Uriel and Podric have known each other a long time. : )
Luam

Raalvara -
A mother, tutor and sister in arms at one point, Uriel no longer knows where they stand. He is civil and shares his thoughts with her, but doubts their closeness- however much it once was- will ever return. He only seeks to help her have a happier life and see to it that she serves Valiant faithfully.
Raal

Kitrana -

Uriel feels that Raalvara's return marked a change in Kitrana and he finds his opinions of the woman returning to how they once were. He hopes this is not the case and that she will do something to allay his suspicions.
French Roast

Rowley Dalurad -
Uriel has never had siblings before. He is willing to try and make this work to the best of his abilities, brothers in arms- brothers in God. He wishes to teach him the things that he has learned, that Raalvara never took to. Philipe

Jorvun -
Uriel has never had siblings before. He is willing to try and make this work to the best of his abilities, brothers in arms- brothers in God. He is glad the shepherd has become one of the blessed fraternity. GhostKairo123

Eren Abel -
Uriel has not known the latest of his Father's blessed sons long, but he has decided that his new brother is welcome upon Aegis for as long as he stays true to God. He hopes to get to know the man's faith and the man behind the faith.
DraKonum

Sofia -
Case number one of Uriel's suspiscions of Raalvara's new teaching techniques. He would never have been allowed to even consider attacking someone's back. He worries for her future in the faith and wonders for her teachings. Rowley's apprentice is supposedly a seeker of Arcane arts. Uriel is wary of that fact alone, for it no doubt shows a thirst for power, but he is willing to overlook this for now- given Rowley's connection to the girl.
DizPanda

Kam -
There is nothing negative that Uriel can say of Kam. He believes her to be an upfront and honest person. A good woman.
Kamaoe

Eimar Ursae -
He does not forgive, but he will coexist. His vigilance toward Eimar's past blasphemies and disregard to Valiant is present. He will be civil, but doubts there is any option for friendship in the future.
Rawkiller

Jaden -
A friend from the past that Uriel has not spoken to in so long that he wonders if he truly knows the man anymore. One question does remain, however, why is he still a vyre?
CloakedReaper

Elizabeth Kane -
Uriel wishes the former duchess all the best in her early retirement, hoping only that she will reconsider on his requests.
NIAH

Katherine Kane -
They do not know each other much, but he hopes her future and Kaltstaat's is brighter than its past.
Elz

Wolfgang -
A member of the Kane court that Uriel could actually get on with. He hopes he's doing well.
Rygan

Helena Valdis -
An old friend of Uriel's who has recently resurfaced in his life. He's aware of her games and has decided to play along at times, for both she and Emily represent a part of Uriel's life that is all too often forgotten. The mortal, down-to-earth side. He hopes she and Doggett are doing well and that they will remain his friends for a long time.
Elz

Sydri -
The elf once saved Uriel's life, a fact he hadn't forgotten nor held lightly. So, when the chance came to help her along with her own problems, Uriel agreed. He sees a potential friend in Sydri and hopes that he can help rid her of her affliction without pain and death.
LordMomOfRussia

Last edited:

BoredBrit

Lord of Altera
Legend
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
R E M A I N - V I G I L A N T

Justice is the constant and perpetual will to render to each their due.

If you cannot tell innocent from monster, then slay neither, and protect all so long as they are of the same spirit as you.

The world may be dark, but the light of you and yours shines within it, and I shall forgive your wavering faith.

Remember that loyalty and bravery are one in the same. As long as you are loyal to me and to honor, you will always be brave, even if you're afraid.

I will be there for you.

You are right to fear wrath, my son. The path to injustice begins at righteous belief in one's own anger. Yet your resolve mustn't falter.

Self doubt and fear are the enemy of courage and must be overcome as any other foe.

There are none to prove your own worth to but yourself.

Act in strength and with honor.

Last edited:

BoredBrit

Lord of Altera
Legend
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
In a post I should've made the other day, Uriel has since gained the following items:
  • A Greatsword made of Steel - Tourseuse | Supposedly forged from meteorite steel dating back to the Northern Kingdoms.
  • A modified Halberd - Render | A darkened steel polearm.
  • A heavy Crossbow - Legend | Modified to hold specificly heavy bolts.
  • A Steel Dane-Axe - Valor | A Great Dane-Axe that was supposedly crafted with the God Crusade close by.
  • Set of Plate Armour - Nameless | Ornate and intricate in its detailing, the armour bears strikes and signs of battle damage.
  • A Sanguine Cloak - Nameless | Supposedly made from drakehide with Gryphon talons for its clasps.

---

Anyone who has spent some time with Uriel and wants their relations updated, just let me know.

BoredBrit

Lord of Altera
Legend
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
general updates throughout. not much has changed except some relations. if you want one, let me know and i'll consider it.

help me find more themes for Uriel.

BoredBrit

Lord of Altera
Legend
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend

Let it be known, the lands and foothills surrounding the Valsaddle to the South of the Blackrush Crossing are henceforth declared independent from any sovereign nation. This Valiant Theocratic holding, residing in what shall be known as the Hartlands, answers only to the Will of the Crusader, for He is their patron.

With this claim of land and declaration of independence, it should be noted that no titles or claims to nobility are made. This land is held not for hereditary succession, nor for personal glory, it is held for the faithful of Valiant so they may have a suitable place to honour him.

Remain Vigilant.

OOC:
Uriel is claiming that the lands within the red limits above are part of an independent theocratic settlement that answers only to Valiant and not to Blackrush or any other political entity.

Last edited: