Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished [Violent] [Wed 17 - Fri 19] For Great Audacity

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff

In the coming weeks, the first of a new line of flag galleons from Sanardu is coming to the forefront of House Fuvur's shipping. This new vessel, a remodelled version of the Cradle vessel which carried much of Riseport and her worldly possessions to the new world, is a large unwieldy fat thing meant mostly for open ocean sailing and the shipping of tremendous amounts of goods from port to port. However, to show the versatility of this new class of ship, the Witch King Nwalme Fuvur has decided to outfit it for war and long-term travel, in preperation for a voyage to the old world to investigate the outcome of the battle between sea and storm.

As such, recruitment for a crew is underway. Any and all are welcome to apply, no experience needed, but all applications are subject to the personal scrutiny of the Witch King, who reserves the right to rescind all applications at His leisure.

Furthermore, a maximum of two additional ocean-going vessels are required for the journey to be underway. The House of Fuvur personally invites any all private captains, heads of merchant enclaves, or fellow heads of state to enjoy the hospitality of House Fuvur for negotiation for use of their ships to this end.

Special payment may be negotiated for interested wizards outside of the Cogimency jurisdiction to accompany the journey. Experienced deckhands may be granted longterm positions in the Fuvurian navy.

OOC
Until such a time as some lore goes through, I can arrange a proper date with an appropriate DM, and I manage to get the boat WE'd into the main world I'm going to be doing recruitment IC because it sounds fun. The Sanctuary can fit a maximum of 20 or so "comfortably" so don't worry about not getting a place on the boat.

With regard to the other two boats that are (ideally) accompanying, the IC communications don't explicitly outline it, but those are our emergency boats. If we're in danger of getting Eyes of Silas'd, our main vessel dies, or in an otherwise IC emergency scenario, the plan is to high tail it back to the new world. I'm going to try to appeal for the precedent set by some of the factions escaping the old world, that instead of splitting the RP between multiple boats, we can say that an NPC crew is running the two subsidiary vessels and we can bring everyone on the Sanctuary just to concentrate RP.

The main event chain will be, if everything world out well, a weeklong ordeal split into two big events. First event is our initial sailing from the new world back to the old world, and the second will be our actual making landfall at (ideally) the jagged spires of Riseport where Nwalme and the mages do [something]. Since we IC assume that the entire old world is somehow flooded but the spires of Riseport might still be afloat and too high up for the undead to scale. Three days of travel, one day in the old world, and then three days travelling back to the new world - the last day of which is our making landfall back in... somewhere on the west coast.

People
Captain - Nwalme/
First mate - Nikolche/
Helmsman - Iskvandar
Quartermaster - Kethron
Artillery Coordinator - Josef
Old Woman - Arianne
Master Brigsman (in charge of our brig, a guillotine) - Cymic
Unlisted/Etc - Arianne/Josef M/Marcelo/Kam/Kublai/Tei/Theo/Carlos/Fenric/Iskvandar/Sankera

In the spirit of generosity (this thread is now ic again):
Nwalme is offering favors regarding the voyage in exchange for certain hard to acquire materials to prepare for the voyage. These favors include, but are not limited to:
-Recovering certain materials or artifacts.
-Checking the status of settlements.
-Stops at applicable places on the continent that might remain.
-Being given private quarters on the vessel.

The special materials requested afore the start of the expedition are as follows:
-Copious amounts of money.
-Crowns of former or reigning monarchs.
-Anything else otherwise of interest to the Witch King.

Last edited:

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Got pics of the boat?

I've also got the VSS Legacy sitting around. It's a titan of a ship.

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
Arianne can come (and also has a boat)

Last edited:

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Got pics of the boat?

I've also got the VSS Legacy sitting around. It's a titan of a ship.
it's the old one mich made for riseport over a year ago, so just heavily editing it. i am unfamiliar with the VSS Legacy but if you want to come offer it ic for the voyage i'm game. also i'm glad i'm not the only one who has come up with their own acronyms, since this one is the WKS Sanctuary

Arianne can come.
sweet, this reminds me to make a list

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
Would enjoy coming to see the boats built in the dry docks in action so happy to finally have put the yards to use ^^

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Kethron would gladly join. Experienced sailor of two eyes of silas events. will try to rp it out sometime after christmas.