Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

WizardlyLizard's Application [Approved - Niko]

WizardlyLizard

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
WizardLeeLizard

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
The good ol' U.S. of A. (though, that depends on whether or not you'd consider my homeland of Florida a sovereign nation; it may as well be, depending on who you ask)

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Assuming I haven't missed any sneaky threads hiding from me, I certainly have!

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is the utilization of out-of-character knowledge or out-of-game channels to influence in-game, in-character events. Calling your buddies for help by PMing them your coordinates is a pretty egregious way, for example.

Powergaming is complex, but it comes down to overstepping boundaries in an attempt to put your priorities over other peoples' fun. In an RP fight, for example, trying to overpower your opponent via removing choice altogether - by saying you defeat them without giving them a chance to respond - is one of the common attempts at powergaming.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No, of course not.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko aka SirNicholas14
(Niko, it's your cousin! Let's go bowling!)

8. Tell us about yourself!
I'm a high school student living in Florida, which is basically a humid deathtrap that never should have been inhabited by humanity. I am profoundly untalented at all manner of things, and have no idea what I'd like to do with my future, aside from eat a lot of chocolate. I am, however, a huge history nerd, and can cite all manner of crazy stuff from the Migration Period to roughly the Victorian Era. Additionally, I have been doing all manner of tabletop RPGs for several years now (Dungeons and Dragons being my game of choice; I've been a DM for two years now. Burning Wheel and Dungeon World are also favorites of mine.)

In summary: I like to get my nails done, try on pretty dresses, and talk about cute boys.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Unless you feel like reading a history report or sitting in on a weekly D&D session with me, not at all.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I've been intrigued by the idea of Minecraft Roleplay for a while (okay, like two days tops) and wanted to give it a go. You guys were near the top of the google search results page, so good on you!

--------------------

Character Name:
Baldric the Lame, so called for his terrible limp.

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human, of the northern persuasion.

Appearance:
A sickly-looking fellow with messy brown hair that he is perpetually trying to arrange in a presentable manner, Baldric doesn't cut an imposing figure. He's short, and he favors his right leg as he walks, given that his left was maimed when he was younger. He wears simple clothes - not being able to afford much more - but prefers colors that accent his green eyes. What little facial hair he grows is in a goatee upon his chin, and stubble upon his jaw. He wears no blade, nor any armor - even if he could afford it, he'd have no idea how to wear the armor or which end of the sword to hold.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

--------------------

Written Test

"Nae, look a' what I'm actually offerin' you and you'll see clear as day tha's a good deal! Look at 'em fine horses, look at the craftsmanship of the carriage! Hell, I'll even throw in the cushions if you buy at the price we've agreed upon."

Baldric gestured grandiosely at the muddy, rain-soaked field whereupon two measly ponies sat miserably, tied on one end to a shaky fence and on the other to a fairly beat-up looking wagon. With a big grin, he waved his arms for effect. The ponies snorted, letting out a spray of warm air and mucus; somewhere overhead, a crow cawed out a warning as the slow pitter-patter of cold early-spring rains began to arrive yet again. The gentleman beside him narrowed his eyes wordlessly. Unfortunately for the man, Baldric took this as a sign to keep speaking.

"Think o' the things you could do with this here fine purchase you're about to make! Take the missus off on a fine vacation, rent 'em out for your friends an' family, you could even establish a base of tourism in this fine locale you call home!"

The man beside Baldric remained wordless - whether he was deep in thought or desperately trying to tune Baldric's droning out, no one could tell. He was a fine looking man, possibly a lesser noble - well-groomed facial hair, a smooth black leather tunic, and boots that were once well-polished, though now the fine sheen was unseen beneath the layers of dirt and grime. More importantly, he also had a fat coinpurse at his side.

"So, m'lord, as you can see this would get you t' your destination posthaste, and in fine condition. Your journey will be swift with those fleet-footed mares, and your buttocks will remain firm and unbruised with the fine seating of the...erm...seating."

The man scoffed, and removed a few coins from his beltpouch. Pushing them into Baldric's chest, he walked off to the wagon muttering some religious expletives beneath his breath. Baldric watched him go, and when the man was out of earshot Baldric counted his pay - less than half of the price the two had discussed before leaving the inn behind them. Pocketing the coins and limping to the inn - or was it a tavern? - behind him, Baldric tried and failed to hide his ridiculous grin.

"Hey hey, my lucky day! Poor bugger jus' bought somebody else's cart."

Last edited:

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
ignis_clap_by_cukie1-da5rcqb.gif
Okay man, we go bowling. I come to get you in the next hour.

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.