Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Wolfstead's Application [Accepted - Cukie1]

wolfstead

Legend of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?

Firethemissile

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?

United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?

Took a while, but yes.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

Metagaming is when one's character makes use of knowledge or skills known by the player that their character should not have knowledge or access to. This knowledge generally gives their character an unfair advantage over others.
Powergaming is when a character is given impossibly unrealistic abilities over other characters, such as being invincible or omnipotent. It can also be used to refer to forcing the actions of other players' characters.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?

No, the use of any mod giving unfair advantage outside of vanilla Minecraft is not allowed.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.

223hero7

8. Tell us about yourself!

Errr...my hobbies include long walks on the beach...

Yeah, no, I actually hate the beach. I enjoy forum-based roleplay, gaming, reading, overlarge headphones, camping, ink sketches and walking my dog. Some of my favorite games are Final Fantasy VII and X, The Elder Scrolls, Fable, Fallout, and Mass Effect. Music-wise, my favorites include classic rock, heavy metal such as Five Finger Death Punch and indie/alternative such as Anadel. I'm also a bit awkward and painfully shy at times.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?

I don't generally like strangers to read my writing outside of RP, but I may attach some artwork below for your viewing pleasure.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Indeed, I was referred by the great BrianAT16.

Character Name:
Rowan Fletcher
Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Rowan is rather tall at 6'2'', having the solid build of a woodsman. His hair is a mess of dark short-cropped curls and he keeps his facial hair tightly groomed, though is never seen clean-shaven. His eyes are grey and skin tone is pale. His clothes include a hunter's leathers, knee-high boots and a long grey cloak, the hood usually up. A quiver and bow never leave his side.

Written Test!
Solitude was not an enemy of Rowan Fletcher, sometimes spending days on end with only his bow for company. Hunting and trapping game of all sizes, he loaded them onto the mare he'd stolen from his uncle's stables, took them back to his temporary camp and collected their hides and other valuable assets with the later intention of hauling them off to the markets of local villages. The life of a hunter didn't earn him a tremendous amount of coin, but it was enough to keep himself clothed and buy himself an occasional pint at the local taverns when he was feeling lonely. And that's all Rowan needed. Besides, it was preferable to the fate that would certainly have befallen him had he remained under his uncle's apprenticeship miles away from here.

Smithing had never quite suited him anyways. He didn't have the build for it. And there were no bounty hunters in the forest, a fact that comforted him to no end.

Lowering himself nonchalantly into the grass as the sun began it's descent behind the trees, Rowan let the horse graze as she pleased while he stoked the campfire back to life and prepared the meat of a fresh rabbit for his dinner. While the unfortunate animal sizzled on its spit, he busied himself trimming starling feathers, as his quiver was running quite low. Fletcher had been the name he'd chosen for himself, after all. The old one was no longer safe.

Affixing the dark feathers to a well-sanded shaft of oak, Rowan was quite lost in his own head, questions of guilt and regrets waltzing about . . . but the thoughts and fledgling arrows alike were abandoned in an instant as something rustled in the thicket behind him, his horse whinnying in agitation. He was on his feet in seconds, bow drawn and focused on the perceived threat. "Don't come any closer . . . " He faltered, relaxed the tension of the bowstring as he took in the hoofed figures blinking curiously at him from the edge of the firelight, large twisted horns crowning their heads. Caparii. A smile lit Rowan's features as he lowered the bow completely.

"Well met, Rowan. I thought it might be your fire that we saw in the distance." Of course his forest friends made no mention of his paranoia, being more lax and less suspicious than his own kind. He laughed and motioned the flames. "Would you like to join me on this fine evening?" The Caparii were always good for a game of dice, or perhaps a drinking game, though Rowan never won those. At least tonight was sure to be filled with laughter and fine companionship.

Attachments

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
I'll be sure to have you whitelisted when I can. I'm not currently on the computer.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guideonce you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.