Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

World Edit

I'm posting in response to the original post in request for updates. Sally, I know you're busy and this is the last thing on your mind. This is more so I don't forget to post it (I've forgotten once already... I think...).

Now a few players have already heard and know of this, so I figured I would make an announcement about it.Remember before asking an admin for a World edit job to check here: http://worldofaltera.co.uk/threads/staff-list.23973/

And see which ones know how to use World edit.
This thread no longer lists who can and cannot use world edit.

We'll be collecting the diamonds into "God Chests", we'll ask after the job is done about which God their town (or themselves) follow and deposit the diamonds into the selected God chest.

Why put diamonds into a God chest?

Once a God chest is full, we'll be hosting a special event based on the selected God.
Is this still a thing? How does it work? Is it the same thing as the offering boxes that Hero and Mich do? Does that mean that when I request a world edit, I can pay the diamonds to the Jax shrine in Tambry?

How much does this cost?

The starting price for any job is 32 diamonds.

Need a small house moved 2 blocks? 32,
Need it moved across town? Well it's still a simple job, so it should still be 32.

If you need a huge area cleared out, it depends entirely on the job and how long it takes. But it's entirely up to the admin doing the job and their estimate on how many diamonds should be used.
My understanding that jobs and actions in the main world are 32 diamonds each, while porting builds is 64 diamonds per chunk, as per Som's world edit thread. However, with the creative world in danger, it's possible that the 64 diamond per chunk policy is unneeded.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
The God Chests are being set up again for World Edits, they're in the big spawn Temple and only accessible to staff. When they fill up with diamonds a special event will be hosted, yes.

The main thread has also been updated!

Mryosi

Lord of Altera
The God Chests are being set up again for World Edits, they're in the big spawn Temple and only accessible to staff. When they fill up with diamonds a special event will be hosted, yes.

The main thread has also been updated!
Are the diamonds in the God chest being kept as blocks or actual diamonds?

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
This thread no longer lists who can and cannot use world edit.

My understanding that jobs and actions in the main world are 32 diamonds each, while porting builds is 64 diamonds per chunk, as per Som's world edit thread. However, with the creative world in danger, it's possible that the 64 diamond per chunk policy is unneeded.
I'll edit it, there's only a few staffles that can WE now though-

As far as I know, it's 32 diamonds per chunk, doesn't matter what world yer in

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Although I could've sworn I unstickied this thread as it's quite outdated and I don't see a point to there being 2 world edit threads saying practically the same thing >>

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Although I could've sworn I unstickied this thread as it's quite outdated and I don't see a point to there being 2 world edit threads saying practically the same thing >>
You too? XD
I was confused at why this thread showed up again, heh

Mryosi

Lord of Altera
Question:
If I want to copy something from creative I'll need to pay 64 diamonds for a chunk?
So if I need 5 chunks, 5 diamond stacks?