Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

YggdrasilShadow's Application [Approved- solus]

1. What is your Minecraft username?
YggdrasilShadow

2. How old are you?
An energetic 27 years young

3. What country are you from?
United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
I have read the King's Law and the Tome of Citizenship completely through and most of the Official Lore. I have briskly skimmed through the Survival Guides because I dont want to ruin any surprises that may await in Hollowworld. But I do have the page bookmarked in case the need ever arises that I should require the assistance of such Guides.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is one of the worst and most annoying things in RP scenarios, in my opinion. It is using information that has not been presented in the RP session and using it to your advantage. Powergaming is using your actions/skills constantly to make it unfair for the other players. I understand that once in a while actions can lead up to such a situation but going out of your way to force such a circumstance onto someone is poor sportmanship and bad taste in my opinion and while I try to avoid doing it, I do get caught in the moment sometimes and forget. A simple OOC reminder will suffice and I will correct my actions.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No. I have never used either of them as, i feel that it takes all the fun out of the exploring.

7. Tell us about yourself!
Hello. Im Shadow. I am a fun loving care-free kid-at-heart who like to try new things whenever the situation presents itself. My Hobbies include Paintball when the weather and wallet allow for it, D&D every Thursday with friends, and Video games when I am not doing any of the other hobbies listed or work. Speaking of work I am a full time Stocker on third shift at the local store so there will be seldom few days that i hope online during such hours unless I have the day off or am sick from work. I also enjoy reading Fantasy books when games just don't seem to catch my attention.

8. Do you have any examples of your work?
I do not currently have any of my work handy but I like to dabble in story-writing.

9. Did anyone refer you?
Sadly I have not been referred. I found the server on a list late one night and it caught my interest.

Character Name:
Nylas Smyth

Character Age:

Character Race:
Forest Elf

Appearance:
A tall golden skinned Forest Elf with golden hair and deep blue eyes. I wear a sword sheath across my back buckled with tarnished brass buckles, over black Tunic and trousers. I also don leather vambraces and leather boots with a black hat that matches my tunic.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)

Written Test!
Everyone has a family. Well almost everyone. I grew up with any parents to call my own. As such I never had a last name so I adopted the last name of Smyth. It seems that everyone knows something about me that they are not telling me. I heard it in their hushed whispers and felt their eyes on my back as I passed them in the street or at the market. I got used to it quickly. I may not have had a mother or a father but i was still part of this village. As i got older and saw all the children my age working together with their families I began to question where my family was. I asked around everywhere I could: the older women that loved to gossip, the tailor, the teachers, even the wisest of our eldest would just look off into the distance and say something about not being able to remember anything about my origins clearly and any details I was able to pry out of anyone always conflicted with what someone else said about it. It didn't really bother me that much because I still have the village as my family but I was different from the rest. I started noticing that around the age of 20 I started making my clothes darker and darker until they eventually became black. That was just one trait that set me apart. The other was my eyes. They had a unique depth to them. I had deep blue eyes that people could just lose themselves in or so I have been told. I have even found myself wondering how my eyes became such a deep blue. They were like pure perfect sapphires of such a deep blue that it would make the deep oceans jealous of the color. It does not really make sense to me but I do my best to ignore the looks and hushed whispers and go about my day. In the community I don't really have a set role like everyone else had. I tried most of the roles that I thought would be a nice fit for me: tailor, bower, blacksmith, hunter, leather worker. I was not even able to master a single thing. I mean I was able to get the basics and some advanced skills down but never really able to conquer the master skills that make the master a master craftsman. So I then became known as a jack-of-all-trades. And for the past 30 years i have been working in every role helping out where I can and doing my best, but now I feel a calling. Something out there in the world is calling to me. I am not sure what it is or where but I can feel it. I have talked to some of the older elders and seasoned vets around town about leaving to start my own life somewhere else. I got mostly reassurances that I was where I belonged, but their eyes and the tones of their voices said differently. Ever since that night I have been wandering around looking for whatever it is that calls me. I have not found it yet, but I am sure that it will all be revealed to me soon, I hope. But then again Shalherana does many mysterious things so all I can do is wait and wonder what she has in store for me.

Last edited:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Greetings, there's just one thing halting me from giving this an approval- Forest Elven eyes range in brown, blues and greens. Silver eyes are left to the Silver Elves. They also don't shimmer magically- no eyes do. If you could fix that part of the test (And make a note that Shadowstep isn't a medieval name, but perhaps a last name alias?), then I'll have another look.

Greetings, there's just one thing halting me from giving this an approval- Forest Elven eyes range in brown, blues and greens. Silver eyes are left to the Silver Elves. They also don't shimmer magically- no eyes do. If you could fix that part of the test (And make a note that Shadowstep isn't a medieval name, but perhaps a last name alias?), then I'll have another look.
ok will fix those things right now. I guess i got carried away with old writing habits. thanks for the input
and changes are complete

Last edited:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I have to apologize as I didn't get a notice about the new edits. I've had a look through and everything seems to be in order. One thing about brass- it doesn't exist in Altera. I'd suggest using a substitute such as iron or wooden buckles. And remember that we start off with basic to intermediate skills in fields- and learn to master them during roleplay (such as blacksmithing, etc).

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.