Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Alignment issues

d_fry

Lord of Altera
Well good really depends on loyalties, many Nords hate the crown and the church but are not evil. They simply have separate views. Worshiping against the church is NOT always evil. Worshiping grief however would be considered evil.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Well good really depends on loyalties, many Nords hate the crown and the church but are not evil. They simply have separate views. Worshiping against the church is NOT always evil. Worshiping grief however would be considered evil.
I would say... indifferent to~
Huehuehuehuehue

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Agreed, though a bit of a necro, I do see your point.

Lawful doesn't specifically mean someone who always follows the law. Lawful Evil characters especially. Lawful means more based in tradition and customs of the land, adhereing to the established power structure, and the like. Chaotic doesn't mean breaking the law all the time. It means someone how doesn't put much value in or adheres to the accepted customs and traditions, and finds himself at odds with the established power structure. It also doesn't have to mean all the parts I just cited. A person who is a noble and feels right at home being part of the social structure can still be a bit wild and do things how he wants rather than how tradition and custom dictate, and still be considered Chaotic. It's a bit of a sliding scale really. No one is 100% law, chaos, good or evil. Saying "Lawful Good" means simply a tendency to strongly lean towards the tenets of what Law and Good stand for.

Final note, the wiki page you linked is a pretty good resource, though I don't care for the way the writer phrased a number of the examples, including the part where "Lawful actions are generally considered Good" because that makes it sound like he's saying Law is a Good restricted alignment, when it certainly isn't. Also, they are blending some of the definitions of the 4th edition dnd, which removed half of the alingments and generally made a complete mess of things. The best part of that wiki link is the definition of each of the nine alignments, as it is almost word-for-word from "Complete Scoundrel" which was a 3.5 book, and used the alignment table that we commonly refer to instead of the terrible 4e version which makes next to no sense.

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
It means someone wow doesn't put much value in or adheres to the accepted customs and traditions, and finds himself at odds with the established power structure.
So in terms of Hollowworld, someone like Goldengem (The Engem Tribes) would be described as Chaotic-Good, since he works for what is right but doesn't do it in a very "civilized" manner; whereas someone who perhaps supports Queen Grief but achieves their goals through more Alteran means would be described as Lawful-Evil.

Is that about right?

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
The second example is spot on. Unfortunately I don't know enough about the Engem people to really be able to say for sure.

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
The second example is spot on. Unfortunately I don't know enough about the Engem people to really be able to say for sure.
It was more going by what I know of Gold himself. Assume the Engems want to help people but can't stand any sort of monarchy.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Yeah, going by that alone, I'd say that sounds very much Chaotic Good. Glad to know we have those types, as most people gravitate to either Chaotic Evil, Neutral, or Lawful Good.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Has, uhh.

Has this been posted yet?

Actually, Picard being on Lawful neutral is wrong since he broke the prime directive on several occasions because it was the right thing to do (Insurrection for example), so its more Lawful good ;).

That being said - Batman is moe lawful good than Superman too :p