Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Altera: The Exodus - Promotional Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrayh

Loyal Servant of Altera
First off if a mod/admin finds this location for this post incorrect, do feel free to move it to a place more suitable - Thank you

Fr3aKeD needs all of the communities help on a project that he wishes to direct that will bring more awesome people to our awesome server! Basically, the idea is a video that will demonstrate not only our superb role playing skills, but will explain what is currently going on in the server.​
Fr3aKeD wants the video to be about the exodus, scenes with lots of people running to the portal as corruption attacks Port Silver, scenes where people are settling the land, adventuring out, and constructing new towns. Simple things like that.​
Well, simple in theory, this is going to take ALOT of people and who are the best actors in the minecraft community? The Citizens of Altera!​
But listen, this is going to be hard and time consuming. There are no "big" roles, we just need cooperative people! We are looking for people who can listen well, follow orders, but most of all, have the time to do this...​
Fr3aKeD has fraps so recording and editing is taken care of we really just need actors and actresses. There is no speaking... It will all have music in the back ground!​
So please, if you are a cooperative person who wants to be on youtube. Please post below, that you would LOVE to be a part of this and your in game name! Something also, if you have a youtube channel and you want to post this video on it after it is done... That would be AWESOME!​
And guys, be creative! If you have some awesome ideas, leave a nice formal post. Also, don't go off subject on this forum post PLEASE! I trust lots of you are willing and excited to help out promote the truly best MineCraft server out there!​
And remember! This is a major work in progress, we just discussed this today, July 17th, 2012.​
*Expect frequent updates and changes to this post, I will eventually add a list of people who are a part of this, your name will be in the credits of the video unless you don't want it to for any reason, a list of scenes, recorded and to be recorded, and Anything else that I am not thinking of at the moment*

barryg

Real life redstone crafter
I can help. Both with recording (so you have multiple views) as I'm also an owner of a Fraps copy and with acting. Just give me orders :)

(Also please leave a reply if you change the opening post. I won't get a notification if you only update it :))

Wrayh

Loyal Servant of Altera
I can help. Both with recording (so you have multiple views) as I'm also an owner of a Fraps copy and with acting. Just give me orders :)

(Also please leave a reply if you change the opening post. I won't get a notification if you only update it :))
I will also ask Fr3aKeD if he thinks he will need more footage, but I think you're right. Multiple camera angles would be nice!

doodleuk

Loyal Servant of Altera
My fellow townsman. I will assist. Doodle of House Tricupis at your service. I'm sure most of Warstrom would be up for it.

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
I would loveee to help!

My IGN is JstarGames
I have a youtube channel as well if you need it

Jónsak

Lord of Altera
I wanna help but I can't get on 'till sunday :/
But I could be an actor or run around or something.... :I
IGN: jonni25 and xRoXx

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
For your information:
I am trying to maintain a level of quality and professionalism in our videos. If you would like to show me your video I'll tell you wether it stands up to being worthy of being official or not.

Some tips...

Learn to use that new pathfinding plugin designed for video production

Press F8 to put fluid motion on

Turn off head-bobbing

Turn off the GUI

When moving hold down shift to maintain a slow gentle movement

Try not to do any walking in the video

Try to be creative with your movements

Try to be creative with your editing

Choose good music

We are lacking in good video people - lots of sites churn out very professional videos in the style of trailers or project showcases using timelapse techniques and we must find more people who can bring a high standard of production to our community.

Sorry if it sounds harsh but someone has to say it and someone has to uphold the brand. Nobody can stop the community making videos - but often times they are just medicore presentations - however, I do applaud them for their time and effort and encourage them to continue to produce them. But when it comes to videos advertising us officially then they must be approved and contain a level over and above that of your average video maker.

C

Cubey

Uh-oh, I have better to put my Crawler to halt.

Best places to films are old HR and old PS..

Backstay

Lord of Altera
I was about to film something like this actually. I have everything set up. Can i help with some recording and editing? I am very hipped about this :p

PS: Im a very good editor and I love doing it. So PWEASE?

frank frappuccino

Lord of Altera
Well I guess if my frames are willing to stay stable and I'm not doing anything (IRL) at the time/Date then sure you got yourself another actor! Ingame name: Bigeasy1998

Wrayh

Loyal Servant of Altera
This is awesome and thanks Bodejodel, we will follow these guide lines. And Awesome tips Cubey, btw, you have to be in the video :D Ok, First thing that needs to be addressed, I am not in charge of this... This is Fr3aKeD's video, I am here to help because he asked for forums help. So if you have a special thing that you would like to contribute to this video like help editing, recording, fancy shader mod suggestions, pm Fr3aKeD! :D

Dauntless001

Loyal Servant of Altera
Put me down for one of the 'defenders' just let me know where / when you need me. Any chance of getting an idea of what times you'll usually be recording?

Status
Not open for further replies.