Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Altera: The Exodus - Promotional Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fr3aKeD

The Bearded Man
okay, i actually tinkered with it and got it to work. i just make one circle ( 5 possitions ) connected. and did /cam start 1m

Fr3aKeD

The Bearded Man
do you guys know if there is a way to make it not set the camera at a certain point? i want it to look the same angle for about the length of Port Silver.

Backstay

Lord of Altera
HOW TO USE IT / QUICK TUTORIAL

First, you must register positions along with orientations.

Put yourself in fly mode, go to what should be your first position, look at what you would like to start looking at, and then type /cam p (will create point p1).
Go to another location, again control your orientation, and type /cam p (will create point p2). Again with a third position and orientation, and type /cam p (will create point p3).

Secondly, you must register what kind of path your camera will follow (linear, circular, or spline).

Type /cam sp. A spline path is now registered, going from p1 to p2 and to p3.

Start the traveling with a short time value in order to test.

Type /cam start without any time value to see if the path is correct to you. If 5 seconds is too quick for the motion, type /cam start 10s, or /cam start 15s to have a better overall feeling.

If you want to change one points position or orientation, you can register this point again, and restart the traveling without re-registering the path.

Type /cam goto p2. Move your mouse to change your orientation, and type /cam p2 : new orientation is now saved.
Type /cam start to replay the traveling through the 3 points. Notice the time used for this new traveling is the last one you entered.

The points registration order is important.

Type /cam undo p2. Move to a new position, and type /cam p2.
Type /cam start ; you're still traveling through p1, p2 and p3, since your path was registered before you deleted the point.
Now type /cam sp, and then /cam start : notice the order of the points have changed, as you're now traveling from p1 to p3, and then from p3 to p2.

Optionally, you can register a position as a target to look at during the whole movement.

Go to the position where you would like to look at, and type /cam target.
Type /cam start ; orientation is now locked to only one point.

Finally, if the path is good to you, restart the traveling with the duration you want for your video.

Type /cam start 5m, hit F1, and start you favorite video recorder.
If you want to start a whole new traveling, type /cam clear

Wrayh

Loyal Servant of Altera
Glad to hear you are getting it to work and about turning the positions... wouldn't you just have to set the positions facing in the chosen direction. In the middle of the patching it will turn to face that way so it will look around a lot

barryg

Real life redstone crafter
The Camera Studio, if you have heard and used it... I'm having a problem with /cam start or /cam start p1. It's saying i don't have a path or path registered even know i already did the /cam p1 through say 5. If you can help me and it works i'll pay 25k Radiants. Thank you.
First try at using Camera Studio. I needed to have OP before I could do this on the server.

Fr3aKeD

The Bearded Man
Sorry i haven't done much. I'm still going through things in my private life that sorta makes it difficult to get motivation to do something.

Maybe instead of the Corruption i will do something else.

Wrayh

Loyal Servant of Altera
Anything works besides, I am not sure how much longer the portal is staying open

Backstay

Lord of Altera
How about making alot of videos instead of one? Siege of a city/town and stuff like that? So people can see many things of hollowworld instead of just one thing.

Fr3aKeD

The Bearded Man
How about making alot of videos instead of one? Siege of a city/town and stuff like that? So people can see many things of hollowworld instead of just one thing.
i would do it but my life is to random. So if someone else could do it... I could help do something.

When i mean random i take care of my grandmother so that takes up about 80% of my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.