Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Another Art Thread

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Important thing when drawing using mixer brushes on Photoshop; slap the Hell out of your tablet with the tablet pen, you get nice results.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Another Hussar.
Husarz 2.png

I might as well take this opportunity to write about who the Hussars were. Hussars originated from Hungary at first, and by early 15th century were a Polish light cavalry unit, implemented to stand chance against Eastern tactics of cavalry warfare. Hussars slowly developed, and it can be said that by late 15th century they reached their ultimate form of heavy cavalry. The wings on their backs were actually, for the most part, a myth, though a damn good one. They did actually sometimes wear a wing (single wing. Yes, there were doubles too, but that was very late in their existence). The drawing is that of a classical hussar, with his cuirass (note the lack of backplate. That's historically accurate). He should theoretically have additional weapons, such as a war hammer or a long steel spike sword thing that was used against enemy cavalry after the lance snapped.
For the most part, Hussars were the best known for their huge military successes. Under battle of Kircholm, Polish army of 3,600 thousand men defeated the Swedish Troops of 11,000. With losses of only a hundred (only six of whom were Hussars), they have killed between 5,000 and 9,000 people, mostly due to the use of Hussary early in battle.
Another good example is the battle of Vienna, where the largest cavalry charge in history won the entire battle. Light Tatar cavalry loyal to the Polish Commonwealth supported the charge of 24 banners of Hussars. Despite the Ottoman Empire's advantage of between 60 to 260 thousand men, though it must be noted that just the sight of the charge was enough to send most of the army routing, they were defeated. Battle of Vienna can also be awarded as the battle which stopped the spread of Islam over Europe and saved Christianity.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
It's more of a, tell me what you'd like me to draw, I'll most likely fail at it and never complete it, but there is an unlikely chance that I'll make it. :p

So... Hit it I guess XD

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
@Baron A Mongolian Rider, as per your request.

Mongol.png

While I'm on it I can give some information I guess, though I'm warning I don't know as much as I'd love to. Mongols were a group of tribes which originated in the steppes of now-Russia and China. They were renowned for two things; their horses and their bows. The combination of two, alongside amazing discipline and tradition, has led them to conquer a large part of Asia and most of Russia, and allowed them to raid as far as from Poland to Korea. Genghis Khan was probably the best known Mongol. He was the one that conquered China (note here; not stopped by Mulan. Don't even think about it, Disney). The Mongols, as many successful armies of old, had many myths grown around them. Mongolian bow was not stronger than a longbow, that's just preposterous. It couldn't come out from the other side of plate armour either. However, Mongolian Composite Bows were nevertheless very strong and the rate at which Mongols fired alongside great tactics has certainly won them a place as the most successful cavalry unit of history. The Golden Horde, which was the name of Mongolian riders, broke into many different nations after the fall of Mongolian Empire, though most went on to fight for the Ottoman Empire.

ACU20

Legend of Altera
@Baron A Mongolian Rider, as per your request.

View attachment 37674

While I'm on it I can give some information I guess, though I'm warning I don't know as much as I'd love to. Mongols were a group of tribes which originated in the steppes of now-Russia and China. They were renowned for two things; their horses and their bows. The combination of two, alongside amazing discipline and tradition, has led them to conquer a large part of Asia and most of Russia, and allowed them to raid as far as from Poland to Korea. Genghis Khan was probably the best known Mongol. He was the one that conquered China (note here; not stopped by Mulan. Don't even think about it, Disney). The Mongols, as many successful armies of old, had many myths grown around them. Mongolian bow was not stronger than a longbow, that's just preposterous. It couldn't come out from the other side of plate armour either. However, Mongolian Composite Bows were nevertheless very strong and the rate at which Mongols fired alongside great tactics has certainly won them a place as the most successful cavalry unit of history. The Golden Horde, which was the name of Mongolian riders, broke into many different nations after the fall of Mongolian Empire, though most went on to fight for the Ottoman Empire.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
@ACU20

Swedish CaroleanCarolean.png

Some information, though once again, I'm not the best informed about those guys. Caroleans were the standard army of Sweden around the times of Charles XI and XII. They were best known for the huge amount of discipline and their strong belief in God. This was caused by the lack of people in Sweden in general, which meant that small numbers of army had to be compensated by experience and discipline. Caroleans were renowned for coming very close to the enemy before firing. This did, of course, mean that their casualties were often huge, however they rarely routed and this simple show of lack of fear meant that enemy's morale was often lower. They were slaughtered by Muscovite Tsardom under Poltava, which arguably led to decline of the Swedish Empire as a large player in European Politics.