Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Another Art Thread

ACU20

Legend of Altera
@ACU20

Swedish CaroleanView attachment 37723

Some information, though once again, I'm not the best informed about those guys. Caroleans were the standard army of Sweden around the times of Charles XI and XII. They were best known for the huge amount of discipline and their strong belief in God. This was caused by the lack of people in Sweden in general, which meant that small numbers of army had to be compensated by experience and discipline. Caroleans were renowned for coming very close to the enemy before firing. This did, of course, mean that their casualties were often huge, however they rarely routed and this simple show of lack of fear meant that enemy's morale was often lower. They were slaughtered by Muscovite Tsardom under Poltava, which arguably led to decline of the Swedish Empire as a large player in European Politics.
Should probably mention the battle of Narva! :O

But dude REALLY nice job here i love it! :D

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
@Man5791
Roma Invicta

Roman.png

A huge part of Roman Empire's success was its army. Arguably, Rome's army really was undefeated, and "Roma Invicta", or "Unconquerable Rome" did very much apply... The reason behind Rome's failure was mostly the politics, which led to constant civil wars.
This is a Roman Legionnaire from a very late period. While standard equipment meant they all had same gear which gave huge advantages, it had to be mass produced, which led to lowering quality of Roman Legions' equipment. However, their tactics were unmatched for a very long time, and Rome's Legions carried it all the way from Middle East to Britain, making it possibly the greatest empire in history.

ACU20

Legend of Altera
@Man5791
Roma Invicta

View attachment 37745

A huge part of Roman Empire's success was its army. Arguably, Rome's army really was undefeated, and "Roma Invicta", or "Unconquerable Rome" did very much apply... The reason behind Rome's failure was mostly the politics, which led to constant civil wars.
This is a Roman Legionnaire from a very late period. While standard equipment meant they all had same gear which gave huge advantages, it had to be mass produced, which led to lowering quality of Roman Legions' equipment. However, their tactics were unmatched for a very long time, and Rome's Legions carried it all the way from Middle East to Britain, making it possibly the greatest empire in history.
Oi matey, wher'e be de pugio?

ACU20

Legend of Altera
How about.....(if you wish) make a cataphract........or a medieval knight...OR I KNOW! SUPAHMAHN!

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
What about trying something new and maybe do a old english warship?
Maybe Mary rose? (if not known google ^^ )
Or something like that

Kellie

Storm's Landing Wanderer
These are really cool! Do you refer to anything for theses, or do you just draw straight from your head???

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
These are really cool! Do you refer to anything for theses, or do you just draw straight from your head???
I try to do as much research on each thing I draw beforehand, to make sure I know exactly what I'm trying to go for. This involves me selecting about ten different images that show the most of the (usually) man I want to draw. I then go on to draw them with pencil before scanning and inking.

Also, I'll be next drawing Axex, per his request, before I get around to further requests. Thanks for the support though! ^_^

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
As per request, Mary Rose.

Mary Rose.png

Unfortunately enough there isn't as much information about what it actually looked like as I would like, despite the fact that around a third of the ship remains intact. Mary Rose was a Carrack-type Warship, a popular kind especially at the beginning of 16th century. The ship itself is extremely well known for what its discovery has done for archaeology. This is NOT the ship that sunk because of the amount of guns it was loaded with. That was a Swedish ship called Vasa. Mary Rose served well for over thirty years, before eventually sinking during battle, presumably because of water getting into the open portholes. Admittedly, this would mean that the ship sunk from its weight, but under completely different circumstances as Vasa.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
I'm generally not the one for ships, my friend is. I just draw whatever :p
Until now. First time I got more than one (failed) request. o_o

ACU20

Legend of Altera
As per request, Mary Rose.

View attachment 38154

Unfortunately enough there isn't as much information about what it actually looked like as I would like, despite the fact that around a third of the ship remains intact. Mary Rose was a Carrack-type Warship, a popular kind especially at the beginning of 16th century. The ship itself is extremely well known for what its discovery has done for archaeology. This is NOT the ship that sunk because of the amount of guns it was loaded with. That was a Swedish ship called Vasa. Mary Rose served well for over thirty years, before eventually sinking during battle, presumably because of water getting into the open portholes. Admittedly, this would mean that the ship sunk from its weight, but under completely different circumstances as Vasa.
What is the point in even comparing the vasa, the Vasa wasn't overloaded, it wasn't balanced enough and it was a new an innovative ship, so the design was new and most ship builder built out of memory, and didn't get exact sizes on what the doodlesmasher was going to be compared to the hoppeldooder.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
It wasn't a comparison per say. I was simply clearing out a very common to some mistake that it was the Mary Rose that sunk from its weight balancing. Brits often associate that ship to be the one which sunk on her maiden voyage, and I was merely cleaning up a common misconception.
Also, you'd be surprised how well ships were measured out. Pressure from Gustav Adolph and his total power over the state which made Vasa's designers too scared to confront him were ultimately the causes of the ship's sinking. Ship designers all knew it wasn't balanced well enough.