Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Call of Duty ruined a generation of FPS players?

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Sooooooo...

I saw this http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/13/c...el=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

And read it. I completely agree with him about it. I pretty much agree with him saying that Call of Duty kinda ruined a geneation of FPS players. Right now Call of Duty is the only addicting game FPS players will play. I've become tired of it, and they've just started milking the whole Call of Duty series, going on and on and on with almost 10 games by now...

What do you think about it?

Silvertread

Lord of Altera
I think the problem that they keep milking out the series doesn't lie with the developers, but with the fans. The devs make these games because the fans want them and they are easy money. They may not be ground-shakingly good, but loads of people will still buy them.
TF2 for me :D

Backstay

Lord of Altera
I think the problem that they keep milking out the series doesn't lie with the developers, but with the fans. The devs make these games because the fans want them and they are easy money. They may not be ground-shakingly good, but loads of people will still buy them.
Yeah, that's the problem. The developers don't have any control over their fans, and they just make the games because it's so popular now that they earn a whole bunch of money out of it. They don't care about this at all, they just want the money. That's the problem with those big companies. But they're ruining the market for other games companies who works with first-person shooters. They have no chance anymore, because the Call of Duty fans are all "You stole this from Call of Duty, noob", "This has to be more like Call of Duty, otherwise I don't like it", "The movement should be more like Call of Duty", "This is too hardcore, I'm good at Call of Duty, this sucks" - and so on.

It's making me mad...

Someone should take this up with Activision, Infinity Ward and Treyarch. Right now I only play their games (Only MW3, sometimes, not very often) to troll other players. That's what the fans deserve right now.

bowduim400

Legend of Altera
I have played BO2 hated it you know why?

Good graphics? yes
Fun campaign? kinda
New engine? Nooo
Team players online? faaar from it
Raging little kids? Yep

Fun grade: 6-7 max i suck and it just gets so old...

I own battlefield and never really did it so i started up campaign and multiplayer and heres my refiews.
Good graphics? definately
Fun campaign? Yes
New engine? (for me) definately
Team players? loads
Raging kids? No

Fun grade: 9 I suck but still a big earned 9

So i now prefer battlefield and arma2-3

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Call of Duty has alright graphics, the campaigns are alright (it's the only reason for why I own any of the games), they update their engine sometimes, but not as much as they do with Battlefield, I agree that there is no teamwork in multiplayer (teamwork won't even work in this game) and kids are just raging all the time. Yep. You got that right XD

Plus there's hackers everywhere nowadays...

Overall, I prefer the ARMA series... I like the realism and simulation in that. But if we were going for games I enjoy the most, it would be shooters like Counter-Strike, Left 4 Dead, The Ship, Team Fortress 2 and the Unreal Tournament series.

Call of Duty is getting too old. It was brought up in the beginning of the 2000's and just goes on and on and on. It's getting too much. They have to drop it at some point. If they continue after the new Call of Duty: Ghosts... Then I would kill one of their developers when I see one...

bowduim400

Legend of Altera
I like Tf2 for the times i could laugh there (and own dudes) once me and an enemy sniper were outta ammo and instead of slamming eachothers head with a kukri just got waving at eachother. I love Bf3 for the teamwork and in my case lol moments like not realising i was driving over enemies with a tank. And i play Arma for dayz and takilife mods...the campaign is good but it makes me equal to patrick if you get me.

Spark

Broken
Tell all of this to the millions that like the game and play it, or even make a living from it. Ruining a generation? That's the biggest pile of horse crap I have geard in a while. If it is that bad people wouldn't play it.

Why would you even post this terrible article that lacks all fact and is almost 100% opinion?

creeperhunterpb

Lord of Altera
Millions of people buy iPhones and they suck. People buy COD for the same reason people buy iPhones. Everyone else is. why would you buy a multiplayer game none else is playing? you want to have the same things as all your friends. Everyone knows COD is milking a dead cow, but play anyways.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
Shame what this thread has come to.

Millions of people buy iPhones and they suck.
This is an opinion, too.

Stop it with the statements that are actually opinions! Saying it as a statement doesn't mean you don't have to give a reason for your statement.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
There's a way to do it. Saying "iPhones suck" may be an opinion, but it's not very polite.

creeperhunterpb

Lord of Altera
Ok, I see what you mean now. The iPhone thing was irrelevant in the point I was trying to get across, but what entrant by "iPhones suck" is that I think they are one of the most overrated things in todays culture. (the hype vs actual performance ability)

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
Honestly, I don't really like FPS. It's just not my thing, 'cept for Halo. It's always a complicated system where you have to level up to get better weapons and gamemodes.

I love Halo because it's so modifiable, easy to learn, and hell of a great time with friends. So, yeah.

Spark

Broken
Yoda said:
And that's your opinion. ;)
Yes but so is that article. Making a bold statement like that and then basing it entirely on opinions that aren't even true is just ignorant >.>

Aeturnumbrae

Loyal Servant of Altera
CoD is amazing! I relly enjoy playing it, I don't think they have ruined this generation. Also they make different types of modes: like zombies, which is good! :D