Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Calling All Combat RPers!

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Am I doing this thing called war right guys?

Kyle1322

Lord of Altera
I really feel like it isn't all that good to have tons of people in here, especially those that don't combat rp at all or very little, As I do see that they deserve to have a say in this too, and I respect their opinions for it, I really don't want to get something as delicate as this rule cluttered and Irrelevant before we can even come to a solid footing.

Tohm

Lord of Altera
I've had a decent experience with wars from other servers, and a bit of combat RP from HW along with other servers. I'd be willing to help, if needed.

Kyle1322

Lord of Altera
Can we not. This is getting Absurd. Somnastra is literally giving you guys the chance on a silver platter to help out with the server, and you still do all this.

Its getting Ridiculous.

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
I too hate it when people have opinions.

You can't stop someone from having a "negative" post anywhere on the HW forums.
I never said you couldn't have an opinion. You can have an opinion that disagrees with someone else's opinion that isn't negative.

There is a difference between saying "I think you are incorrect" and saying "Your bad so get out."

Can we not. This is getting Absurd. Somnastra is literally giving you guys the chance on a silver platter to help out with the server, and you still do all this.

Its getting Ridiculous.
Kyle is correct, lets keep this chance and not throw it away.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
Isn't this just a thread to see who'd be interested in something out? What's with the personal attacks?

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Aye this is a tons of people. Remember. This was a call to Combat RPers and the rules won't be so much of a discussion of when and why a war is started and a consent issue. It's for when two political entities have agreed to engage in war and have already given consent. I vouch that those with experience and those who plan on becoming politically involved (and consenting to wars) be the ones to be invited to this, eh, conversation? Because it's going to be pertaining to them mostly. So they should have the biggest say in the war rules.

Also, the disagree button. Try not to get too mad over ratings fellas. People feel attacked or hated/dislike from ratings even though most the time it's an honest disagreement and no hostility meant. Just try to remember that.

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Aight, two things to consider: there's a difference between expressing an opinion and being a dick, and that I'm looking for folk that can contribute to a productive environment by working well together. Behave accordingly.

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
I would enjoy being a part of this!

-K9

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
I always pictured doing something creating some sort of grid over Altera and having pre declared movements based on distance traveled.

and it would perhaps be a turn by turn deal here on the forums and when two cells on the grid become adjacent an event would be had in that location (perhaps with some staff help) and a skirmish would take place.

(Just an idea)
Combining this with a style similar to "Divinity: Dragon Commander" would be excellent. The armies could move as fast as armies do, and fight on a small scale depending on where they overlap, perhaps in an RP style. I'm sure @Naelwyn's notes would assist with the latter.

-K9