Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Character Death and Roleplay Impact

The Courier

Lord of Altera
Looks to me like the current system works pretty well for what people want. Hell, you can even just get two lives at best with this current one. It's all based on how lucky or unlucky you are. If ya don't like people reviving constantly, then just be your own 1 life person and find a large group of people who are one life and stick together through that. I'm not one to dictate how other people have fun, I'll just have fun my own way.

LeftwardElk

Lord of Altera
Looks to me like the current system works pretty well for what people want. Hell, you can even just get two lives at best with this current one. It's all based on how lucky or unlucky you are. If ya don't like people reviving constantly, then just be your own 1 life person and find a large group of people who are one life and stick together through that. I'm not one to dictate how other people have fun, I'll just have fun my own way.
And if that one life group went up against another group who didn't follow the one life rule then all their characters would die forever while the others would basically be guaranteed another life.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
And if that one life group went up against another group who didn't follow the one life rule then all their characters would die forever while the others would basically be guaranteed another life.
generally the one-lifers actually do pretty well in combat rp, and are more chill about their characters dying. It's a choice that they made, and should they go into a fight with the multi-lifers, they'd probably accept the outcome. I have to agree with The Courier in that dictating how other people should play isn't something that needs to be done. The system isn't perfect, but it appeals to all. For the one-lifers, they just choose not to revive, for the limit-lifers, it helps them keep track of what life they're at on the application. For the infini-lifers, it can go on for a while. If you change it so that people only have 1-3 lives, you're making 2/3 of the playerbase unhappy.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Works fine for typically 1-life Anhald.

People who generally don't 1-life minus super BS supernatural deaths suck at killing.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
Works fine for typically 1-life Anhald.

People who generally don't 1-life minus super BS supernatural deaths suck at killing.
yeah, true, that's why I don't have my characters combat, I suck at fighting XD They'll just be in the background fueling everything and eating popcorn to see which fighter wins.

LeftwardElk

Lord of Altera
There have been times where people with multi lives fight too. And they are basically unkillable because you can kill them for like three times and then they keep coming back and doing the same things they always do which makes death meaningless.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Both of my characters have been one lifers, and I will always keep them that way. As much as it kind of sucked to loose Corven, it was some of the most fun, most impact RP I've ever had when I lost him. The event where he died actually had other one lifer characters on the line too, one of which who died in addition to Corven. The whole event was tense and exciting, and ultimately carried a lot more emotion than it normally would have. I wouldn't force this onto anyone, but I certainly would encourage more of it because I feel like we get more out of it when we do.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
There have been times where people with multi lives fight too. And they are basically unkillable because you can kill them for like three times and then they keep coming back and doing the same things they always do which makes death meaningless.
It's OK, though, because they suck.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
I don't think I've seen a post on the forums I've agreed more with in a very very long time.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
._.
there are people who yknow

...revive.. because they .. yknow.. wanted to see their character.. atleast get -somewhere- in their tiny insignificant warrior-life I guess

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
._.
there are people who yknow

...revive.. because they .. yknow.. wanted to see their character.. atleast get -somewhere- in their tiny insignificant warrior-life I guess
there was no reason to type it that way.

also if you can't get anywhere in your warrior life maybe you're not cut out for a warrior life and should try something else.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
there was no reason to type it that way.

also if you can't get anywhere in your warrior life maybe you're not cut out for a warrior life and should try something else.
whens the last time you saw one of your men get killed and wasn't a massive gank, still warriors, weren't they?

and actual men not squires, try your knights and the like.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
whens the last time you saw one of your men get killed and wasn't a massive gank, still warriors, weren't they?

1. did you have a stroke typing that sentence.

2. how is what you said relevant.

LeftwardElk

Lord of Altera
There's also the point of people acting reckless and doing incredibly stupid things hoping that they get a high roll and if not whatever they'll be revived in a week.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty

1) James Harrister died during the Battle of Breakwater, for one.
2) Dante got killed in the Crossroads

Two I could think of on the top of my head.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
not gonna kill the thread anymore then I already have will now pm

edit: ^Paint Dante is a Squire

never met James and if I'm right the Battle of Breakwater was beyond jacked in terms of what happened ICly and OOCly

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
There's also the point of people acting reckless and doing incredibly stupid things hoping that they get a high roll and if not whatever they'll be revived in a week.
I play a one lifer and still do that lmao

If you don't you're no fun

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
not gonna kill the thread anymore then I already have will now pm

edit: ^Paint Dante is a Squire

never met James and if I'm right the Battle of Breakwater was beyond jacked in terms of what happened ICly and OOCly
And why isn't a Squire a warrior? Tell me that.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
And why isn't a Squire a warrior? Tell me that.
still considered a boy tho

and even still chances are if you're a squire, most of the time you're under trained and maybe even lesser-armed, not saying that's always the case for determining a warrior but still^