Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[City] Riddleport

toughguyrm

Loyal Servant of Altera
Dear Master Pyrocide,

In-Game Name: toughguyrm
RP Name: Vladimir Tokeq
Member of another Town?: No
Able to join House Cromarcky?: Yes
Roll you wish to fill and why: Warrior/Archer. While this was not listed, it is my roleplaying character's occupation. My character is primarily a loyal archer under the military of the government in which he follows under, yet can also act as personal protection for people of political status or interest.
How do you feel you can add to this community: Roleplay is my strong suit. I can bring a whole table full of roleplay whenever i am online, constantly engaging new people and creating unique situations. At the same time, i could very well create, enchant, and sell archery equipment.
A couple sentences about yourself: I am someone who is not online often, but is more then certainly helpful when I am online. The least i will ever be online is once or twice a week, and the most being four-five days a week. I am a very active roleplayer, and can often create interesting scenarios for players to participate in. Having roleplay throughout at own, in my own opinion, is important for a prospering community.

I so humbly do hope you accept my application, and i do hope to be serving loyally under your most beautiful town and house.

Sincerely,

Vladimir Tokeq

TylerTheKnight

Loyal Servant of Altera
(Just a repost of the application with a new name for the character i am using.)
In-Game Name: TheRougeKnight
RP Name: Theon Brightwater
Member of another Town?: None
Able to join House Cromarcky?: already a member
Roll you wish to fill and why: I will stick to military
How do you feel you can add to this community: Smiles
A couple sentences about yourself: You already know me

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Vladimir and Theon, welcome (or in Knight's case, welcome back) to Riddleport!

See myself, james_power, or one of our other leaders to get you settled in a room or home.

2F_Zelda

Villager
Vladimir, I was starting construction of your house, but then Marcus told me of your original chat with him. Basically, the option to have your house across the river is a possibility, so we need to see you sometime about potentially re-locating the site there. As well, I've been informed that both the current location and the area across the river from the main part of the city won't be so isolated in the long-term; and I know that relative isolation was something you're looking for.

Bloodwyvern13

Loyal Servant of Altera
the apparently more chaotic theme of your town intrigues me, if only because my character would love some chaos in which to hide. Although I do have a question, I plan to be rather big on RP, is your town RP heavy? Or more casual?

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Our town is meant for roleplaying, but we do not force it on anyone that is uncomfortable in doing so. We plan on having events and other roleplaying opportunities soon, so all things considered I'd say the town is aiming for high levels of roleplaying.

I hope that helps in making your decision.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Announcement!

Riddleport is looking for architects, engineers, builders, and sculptors! If you are a skilled creator of towns/structures, and you're looking for a new project, then look no further.

If you are interested, Send me a pm detailing why you'd best fill the position. Think of this as an open job interview. build a portfolio of pictures showcasing your best works. Details about the position, including the payments/rewards, will be discussed in the convo, but I will say this: You won't be disappointed. There is no time limit on applying - I will simply be taking submissions until I find someone (or someones) suited for the position - So don't wait, lest someone else get their submission in before you!

Good luck to all who enter!

Architect for the city found; thanks to all that applied.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Actually, yes and no. Our primary architect has been hired, though if there are more who would like to join as a building hand, that would be great and still be rewarded appropriately for their work.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Because of a number of different situations both in game and out as well as possible upcoming events, I'm going to wait for the GoC to get underway before making all the updates.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Announcement!

Riddleport is looking for architects, engineers, builders, and sculptors! If you are a skilled creator of towns/structures, and you're looking for a new project, then look no further.

If you are interested, Send me a pm detailing why you'd best fill the position. Think of this as an open job interview. build a portfolio of pictures showcasing your best works. Details about the position, including the payments/rewards, will be discussed in the convo, but I will say this: You won't be disappointed. There is no time limit on applying - I will simply be taking submissions until I find someone (or someones) suited for the position - So don't wait, lest someone else get their submission in before you!

Good luck to all who enter!

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Updates!

While we've had one person step up to start building, Riddleport could certainly use more. Feel free to contact me and I will set you up to help with building the city. This isn't volunteer work, you will be paid well for your time.

Secondly, a number of citizens have been absent for at least a month and many have been absent longer. Please remember that as stated in the beginning of this thread, extended absences will lead to your forfeiture of any homes and/or shops you've bought so that someone who is active can have a space instead. If you have been away for more than a few weeks, or you know someone that has, please let them know they need to hop back on as soon as possible. We will begin removing personal items from houses starting next Friday from houses with players who have been inactive for over a month.

Third, due to the way redstone (and by extention bud triggers, water effects, and a few other minor things) was changed in the 1.5 update, the redstone games in the gambling hall are temporarily down for maintenance. However, the new items that have been brought in with the update means more efficient systems for the games we are currently running, as well as possibilities for games that were previously unattainable. Check back here for updates on when the redstone games are back online, and what new games that we will be coming out with!

(fun juicy secret - I've already nailed down a design for fully automated games. This means some games won't require an operator in order to play! 24/7 gambling coming soon!)

Fourth, by now I'm sure most of you are aware but for the sake of informing those who do not, Riddleport was recently upgraded to major hub status, and now has a boat on the docks of Port Silver! Simply keep walking until you see the boat with all black sails and you'll be taken straight to Riddelport! Also, side note relating to this - If you are starting a town, or if you already have a town but would like a faster route, feel free to contact myself about setting up your ship at our docks. As we are a free trade city, you won't have to worry yourself with what political waves you'd be making by using our city as your hub.

Finally, Riddleport is currently planning some scheduled events in the near future. While we don't have any specifics in place right yet, there is sure to be one/some/all of the following:

- Arena Tournament in "The Pit" with possible maze addition
- High Stakes Gambling Tournament
- "Running of the Roofs" a tradition of players wasting time while in the city, a race from one end of the city to the other, while making sure not to touch the ground.
- Minecart "Jousting"
- Boat and/or Pig races

Be sure to check back with us for updates on the upcoming event!

Jon Hoskins

Villager
Application:
In-Game Name: _xX_Jon_Xx_
RP Name: Jonathan the invictus
Member of another Town?: (If yes, please list them)
nope
Able to join House Cromarcky?:
I am not in a house and i would like to join the House of Cromarcky
Roll you wish to fill and why:
I could be what ever you wanted me to be. I wouldn't mind being a farmer, miner, wood gatherer, guard or anything else you can think of.
How do you feel you can add to this community:
I am pretty chill and I can do anything you need.
A couple sentences about yourself: I just recently was accepted into this server so I don't have much. I would like to get a house and a chest so i can feel secure and venture into the southern wilds and try to make some money.