Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Console Wars! (Here we go again...)

What's your favorite "machine" to play video games on?

• Iphone/Ipod, casual gaming is the future!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Graphing Calculater,

• Other, you know, leapster and stuff like that?

• Total voters

shizzel2442

Loyal Servant of Altera
Here it is! The millenia old question, what is your favorite gaming "machine" to play games (self explanatory). Note that the title is somewhat misleading, anything that can play games is allowed for choice.

Pick an option, explain what you chose and why. Discuss as a comunity
Please keep conversations to be rational and not a regular "lol bro, ps3 can suck my d***."
Have Fun!

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
If ur going to use polls, at least make the options reasonable and have middle ground.
For anyone who wants to argue about ps3/xbox, heres the deal.
Xbox is indeed slightly better, with slightly more support, slightly more convenient, better controllers. But you pay 60 bucks a year for online, and the console itself is about 50$ more expensive.
PS3 is very slightly worse, but it has free online.
For gamers that want the absolute best possible and dont mind the extra 60 bucks a year, then Xbox is the way to go.
For long term gamers, casual fps gamers, or people with money concerns, ps3 makes more sense, as it is cheaper.

There does not need to be any further discussion, because thats just the way it is.

JDMcNugget

Lord of Altera
There does not need to be any further discussion, because thats just the way it is.
Technically I would agree, though for some players games become a factor. Being that some are only available for specific consoles, though that could be another discussion in itself. Personally, I side with Xbox due to the fact I don't mind paying the premium and it offers the Halo series.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Thats just your experience. But the software in an Xbox is equivocally better software than that in a PS3.

Spark

Broken
Xbox 360 came out before the PS3 therefore the hardware may be slightly better if not the same but that makes no difference. On the PS3 you have to download the game thingy before you play it, which is stupid. Plus, the xbox 360s product life cycle has kept up if not outlasted the PS3s.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Im not sure what you are talking about with having to download the "game thingy", nor do i know what you mean by Xbox 360's product life cycle..

I have both an xbox 360 and PS3. I grew up with an xbox and the playstation 1. I like them both, they aren't the same. Only thing I like more then the PS3 is the controller. Still can't play right with it, even though I grew up with the first playstation.

But I like:
Computer, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, iPod, Gamecube >:D and DS. BAM xd

Mrbubbles1951

Lord of Altera
I find that both Xbox and pc are more social whereas ps3 isn't.
Xbox I do prefer because I don't have to upgrade it with new parts.
My very Simple view

Jónsak

Lord of Altera
You only need to install games you buy from Playstation Store.
If you buy it on a disc you usually don't need to install it.

Jónsak

Lord of Altera
Here its cheaper to ship everything...I even thought about shipping a new mouse from America since thats cheaper than taking the bus out to the store...

Spark

Broken
Legion9191 said:
Im not sure what you are talking about with having to download the "game thingy", nor do i know what you mean by Xbox 360's product life cycle..
Google "product life cycle" and I mean when you get a new game you have to download/install the game or something