Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Console Wars! (Here we go again...)

What's your favorite "machine" to play video games on?

• Iphone/Ipod, casual gaming is the future!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Graphing Calculater,

• Other, you know, leapster and stuff like that?

• Total voters

atkrye

King of Quests
Ok, first off, with regards to the music aspect of it, I appreciate that you might enjoy your own music, but I personally enjoy whatever the game has to offer - Its always nice to hear some original game music, especially since it has normally been designed to fit the feel of the game.

With regards to the social side of it, although the Xbox has more to offer in terms of chat rooms, most of the time you're playing the game with the friends you're chatting to, so there's no real problem there. To be honest, it seems casual gamers are more likely to have a PS3, and since casual gamers outnumber hardcore gamers you're more likely to have friends from school or work who game casually and socially with a PS3, meaning it's more likely that you'll have a bunch of friends online who you can just have a laugh with. I know this varies in social circles, but that is the general trend from my perspective.

The reason the wii is so popular is because it is very casual and family orientated - its a great thing for a family to have, and since it's the parents who have all the money, families are likely to buy this console. Don't get me wrong, I like my wii, but I would never compare it to the PS3 or XBox as it represents an entirely different type of gaming. The PS3 and Xbox, on the other hand, are very similar and quite evenly matched, meaning they're fine to compare and discuss, and Qri, the whole online paying thing is an essential part of the debate ;)

At the end of the day, its the performance of the consoles that will define the more hardcore gaming consoles, as they are built to provide the most realistic graphics, and the best enviroment for developers to create whatever they want without being limited by the hardware. This is why the hardware is the most essential part of a console, because a very slight difference in hardware can make the difference between a game lagging or not lagging and whether or not a developer has to reduce what he's forcing the console to do so that it can cope. Now, I appreciate that you may all like different aspects of the consoles and that may be the clincher for you, but as a coder myself, I appreciate the importance of hardware, and I guarantee that because of the slight limitations of Xbox hardware, and the fact that most games have a set standard cross platform, games will be forced to lower what they do to the Xbox level, lowering the quality of games a small amount. So no, it's all about the hardware ;)

DrususTheDumb

Settling in Altera
I really don't like these kind of things but i'll bite, i think ( in my opinion) that the pc is the best thing for gaming, i love my ps3 to bits but i would trade it if i could have a pc that could run games like Fallout 3/vegas and skyrim, Why? Because the graphics are beautiful, Theres alot more games you can get on the pc and the lovely thing called mods yeayea i know this is comes up with almost all pc gamers with his kinda thing but its true, plus the pc can be very usefull in every day life such as Hollowworld,Anime,Youtube ( havn't see what youtube is like on xbox but on ps3 its as pretty as a dogs butt),Ebay,and food shopping, these are just a few things i find usefull on the pc and there are more but whatever :p .But on the down side pc's cost alot of money unlike the xbox,ps3 or wii ect . So in my opinion if you got the money get a pc if not get whatever console you like be it ps3, xbox or whatever looks nice to you.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
*coughs*
Let the speech begin.
For all of you people, who do not appreciate community as part of the game, and who want to run around listening to "Goz nd diez of cancerz!!!" spoken by an 8 year old, Xbox is the way to go, (That very offensive phrase originated there). If you want games that are exclusive for a console, with free internet and blu-ray, however the internet quality being terrible, and graphics not being half of what they could be, go with the PS3. If you want your arthritis to slowly develop around thumbs, go with any console. If you don't care about the graphics, PS2 and Xbox consoles are the best. Nintendo, for some real fun but with the price of terrible graphics and pretty box standard games. At the end of the day, classical consoles are all very simillar.
And now we go onto the PC. The greatest creation ever. Not only does it support the internet the way it should, for free and good quality. Not only is it recommended for everyone who really wants an experience out of a game. Not only is it actually used to create you "all amazing console games" in the first place. It is also the most customisable console in the world. You can improve anything. By the point where you got the best components for it, new components come out. Not calling a computer a console is a big mistake. Computer is THE console. The one that brings whole communities together, such as this one. It is what creates small Indy titles or gigantic blockbuster hits. Forget about useless consoles that you need to insert the disk to play. Forget about offensive community. Computer is where it starts and where it ends. All Exclusive titles don't survive long, unless they are PC exclusive. People can easily access it and find out latest news. It is the most perfect of all worlds, the virtual world. Why pay, let's say, 150 pounds if for 600 you can get top range PC that can run you anything, last for about 6 years (console life expectancy is about 3), but also offers you freedom, one that isn't provided with the stupid joysticks. One that you can't go and pay 60 pounds on top of internet bill monthly.

If there are any objections, before you post them, notice what you are posting them on. (I don't mean tablets now, they can be cool too :p). Hollowworld is a computer society, one of hundreds of thousands out there. If we are not a Computer based society, tell me what on Earth we are please.

*reads 2 sentences and stops reading* Can't you guys just accept that they both have flaws and great things but they are two different consoles. Go compare xbox to Xbox 360 and Gamecube to Wii,

And eat my cookies.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
I know they are two completely different consoles. I wouldn't want to buy either because I know the good and bad points of both. (Also, why is PS3 cheaper than the Xbox in USA? It's opposite in UK :confused:)

Spark

Broken
I hate the way people say xbox has a ton of 7 year olds. Its only because they are the only ones who speak in game chat, if you dont like them you just mute them xD

Aug88

Grand Architect
Computer nuff said !

a good computer can easilly emulate both xbox and PS3 games. I even have a Wii emulator :p

bb5x5

Villager
well, I say that xbox and ps3 are pretty close to each other. xbox just has a few more random this to play around with, more 8 year-olds, and more competitive gamng. ps3 has a better community, and doesn't get a red ring followed by smoke after 15 hours of game play :) my vote is for ps3

shizzel2442

Loyal Servant of Altera
well, I say that xbox and ps3 are pretty close to each other. xbox just has a few more random this to play around with, more 8 year-olds, and more competitive gamng. ps3 has a better community, and doesn't get a red ring followed by smoke after 15 hours of game play :) my vote is for ps3
The newest xbox doesn't get a red ring, but I hate the red ring of death also. I had it 3 times. 3!!!

matyio

The original mute
When you link both consoles up to a hd tv, the picture on a ps3 is slightly crisper, other than that there are no other advantages apart from the free Internet gaming. Basically ps3 is better for people who won't play it all the time they can, whereas Xbox is for people who play practically 24/7