Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Console Wars! (Here we go again...)

What's your favorite "machine" to play video games on?

• Iphone/Ipod, casual gaming is the future!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Graphing Calculater,

• Other, you know, leapster and stuff like that?

• Total voters

shizzel2442

Loyal Servant of Altera
y u forgot Gaming Potato t-4000???

its my favorite console T.T
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That is all, you may assume former positions.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That is all, you may assume former positions.
SPAM!
There was really no need for that

Dr.Patriot

Lord of Altera
Well, there is no contest if we are bringing PC into the mix. It is much, much more expensive if you only count the console and not the TV. And for a PC you need to pay for internet, but you need to do that with the Xbox as well. The PC is just so obviously superior to those machines, and the PC will continue to be superior to the upcoming consoles, and it will forever be ahead in the race. All because you can upgrade and update a PC's hardware.

If I had to choose out of consoles, I would be split between the Super Nintendo and the Gamecube, all because of games. The Gamecube I only like because of great games of the time, but I can actually compare the Super Nintendo to your new consoles. Games on the new consoles can be beat with extreme ease. But games for the Super Nintendo not only had better stories, but actual challenge. The graphics are good enough to see somewhat detailed images, and the sound system is great on those good games.

If the next "Good by today's standards" AAA game comes out and I am given a choice to have that or a translated cart of Seiken Densetsu 3 (The Secret Of Mana 2), it's a no-brainer, I would choose Seiken Densetsu 3, or if the choice was Mega Man X I would choose that over the AAA, or Link to the Past, or Chrono Trigger. The list goes on, the retro consoles give me a legitimately better time than the new consoles do with their AAA games. And that's the objective of video games. Super Nintendo > Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3. I AM DEAD SERIOUS.

shizzel2442

Loyal Servant of Altera
I know what you mean. Unfortunately for me, I'm quite a young gamer (comparatively), so I didn't live as a child through the video game pioneering era. Games back then were completely new, and people wouldn't pay money for a game that didn't have much creativity. The very origins of the industry, and all of the games we play, can be traced back to those times, and I can perfectly see why you can find something like Castlevania to be better than something like Call of Duty. (I hate using the Cod card, but it's much easier to understand)

Going a bit off-topic here, but what happened over the years? Why is f2p becoming such an important thing? Companies are saying, f2p is the future, it says so in the demographics... I understand from a buisness point, but if you make a good freakin game, people WILL pay money to play it. It's getting worse, because the gems that shine out are getting remade over and over again. There's like 4 Moba games that are coming out in the near future, and I'm not even including Dota 2! Go to the XBLA, and the top "indie" games there are all minecraft rip-offs. Fortresscraft, Castleminer, Castleminer Z, the list goes on! Call of Duty is selling well, that's an understatement, and the developers think that making an fps will net them money. nooo. When Call of Duty 4 came out, it was revolutionary! The single player campaign pushed the limits of quality and emotion, while the multiplayer was addictive. aaaaaaand, that's what the problem was. It was so good, Infinity Ward made mw2, and mw3.... The formula doesn't differentiate, and minimal changes are made. I mean, people were flipping out that grenades had physics! Seriously?!? The video game industry needs to realize that while games like cod will sell, games that require creativity and soul will also.

Sorry for my rant, Seeing someone prefer the older games instead of the new ones kinda made me go off.

shizzel2442

Loyal Servant of Altera
Zelda has remained fairly consistently good imo
I think it's been different since the first legend of zelda. Before ocarina and majora's mask, oh gods do I love that game, in the 2d "a link to the past", there were no instructions or tutorials in the beginning. You were tasked with saving the princess, your dad dies, and then you get thrown into the map in the rain. In ocarina, it takes you half a year to leave kakariko village. From what I remember, you don't get instructions when given secondary items and stuff, but they hold your hand through all of the 3d legend of zelda games. Don't get me wrong, the LoZ series is probably one of my favorite series, but I just wish it had the sense of self progression you could get when learning that the hookshot can only cling onto this surface, or that wall. I think it's a pretty small gripe, but it still goes a long way.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
I think it's been different since the first legend of zelda. Before ocarina and majora's mask, oh gods do I love that game, in the original, there were no instructions or tutorials in the beginning. You were tasked with saving the princess, you find out it's dangerous to go alone, and then you get thrown into the map. In ocarina, it takes you half a year to leave kakariko village. From what I remember, you don't get instructions when given secondary items and stuff, but they hold your hand through all of the 3d legend of zelda games. Don't get me wrong, the LoZ series is probably one of my favorite series, but I just wish it had the sense of self progression you could get when learning that the hookshot can only cling onto this surface, or that wall. I think it's a pretty small gripe, but it still goes a long way.
IMO, I prefer Twilight princess, because there's so much to do, and its actually the zelda game with the best graphics.