Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

FAQ - New Map

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
What about people's builds that some were planning to bring over? Can't exactly boat over some of the towns and stuff. Or is that going to end up being said that people remade the towns when they got to the new lands?
'i sure miss our homeland. let's reuse old blueprints so it looks like home again.'

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I had this whole big thing of questions typed out, but I'll hold onto that for later. But this question is still buzzing for me.

Will everyone have to do boating events now to get to the new map since it's not a new world?
We'll make sailing easier to coordinate in due time.

What about people's builds that some were planning to bring over? Can't exactly boat over some of the towns and stuff. Or is that going to end up being said that people remade the towns when they got to the new lands?
Cap generally had the answer. Now that we're a good ways into the Campaign, builds intend to be 'rebuilt' in likeness of fond memories by architects of the regions that want to move builds along. As the process itself will be moved into along the campaign, it'll make sense since not all the builds pop up all at once.

If I missed any questions anyone had, Apologies!

Tempy_

Insert Custom Title here
Tempy_
Tempy_
Will the whacky snow/rain fall be resolved, or is that a feature we shall all just have to live with-?

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Minecraft weather will likely always be a thorn in our side. Unless the blessed one Ptiber knows a way to fix it.

Warwolf

Alteran Cryptid and Renowned Hat-wearer
Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
Basically there's a lot of skewed biomes in the map. Sometimes the biome doesn't match the actual terrain. From what I've seen at least.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Basically there's a lot of skewed biomes in the map. Sometimes the biome doesn't match the actual terrain. From what I've seen at least.
its to create realistic snow and biome boundaries

the goofy snow/rain is because to make boundaries between different areas look good you need lots of 1x1 biomes

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
If we set the regions to one biome, the visual effects does indeed vanish. It also makes for squared regions of biomes that aren't nice to look at on dynmap. The splattered biomes are to make the place more appealing to look at. Though I know it can be distracting.

SpartanDory

Lord of Altera
Will the whacky snow/rain fall be resolved, or is that a feature we shall all just have to live with-?
MC weather happens more often when there are open fire blocks in the world. take a good long look at the port silver behind us. the rain will not come as often

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
When will we start to see our refunds come in from our regions?

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
We've done almost a dozen so far. Right now we're doing regions that don't have anything moving over.