Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

FAQ - New Map

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Clearly the solution is to make it never precipitate.
True. Maybe if we get enough concerns on the rain/snow- we'll find a way to turn it off.

We've done almost a dozen so far. Right now we're doing regions that don't have anything moving over.
More than a dozen now- so many regions..

why is aeroch nor so ugly and why is it on our beautiful map
nothing a facelift, some botox and a skin graft can't fix
Hello.. This comes up a lot, it seems
http://www.wikihow.com/Not-Be-Rude

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
I actually like the rain and snow combination. I find it looks a lot more delicate than just solid rain or solid snow.

Magiik

Lord of Altera
It's like frozen rain, or just freezing rain. It makes me feel like the place is far colder than just snow, because it really soaks into you.
That's just my thought process.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
why is aeroch nor so ugly and why is it on our beautiful map
I wouldn't mind if it'd been terraformed or something, but it's a copy-paste of islands the height of this map's mountains pasted down into the sea. It has nothing to do with Warwolf's builds on the island, but how awful the actual terrain is. If you look on the dynamic map it pops out instantly and looks absolutely nothing like the 1000 dollar map we purchased. You can say it's insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but it's bloody huge.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Is there an estimate as to when regions will be ready for use in the new world? At least half the playerbase has been there for a week to two weeks and while some of us (me included) are enjoying aimlessly roleplaying out exploration, many folks just aren't logging onto their characters 'stuck' on the new map.

Warwolf

Alteran Cryptid and Renowned Hat-wearer
Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
I wouldn't mind if it'd been terraformed or something.
FYI. It's being Terraformed, so please, can you lot stop whining and just wait for things to be finished?
Perfection doesn't happen overnight. :p

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
FYI. It's being Terraformed, so please, can you lot stop whining and just wait for things to be finished?
Perfection doesn't happen overnight. :p
Hopefully terraforming it means 'making it a smaller height than a skyscraper.' I'm glad to hear it's being worked on.

Warwolf

Alteran Cryptid and Renowned Hat-wearer
Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
Hopefully terraforming it means 'making it a smaller height than a skyscraper.' I'm glad to hear it's being worked on.
No, their height isn't being lowered but they are in general going to be made much prettier and hopefully more realistically 'blended in' to the rest of the map.
It's a lot of work, but it's being done as fast as it can be.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Is there an estimate as to when regions will be ready for use in the new world? At least half the playerbase has been there for a week to two weeks and while some of us (me included) are enjoying aimlessly roleplaying out exploration, many folks just aren't logging onto their characters 'stuck' on the new map.
August the second is the date I've been quoted. Even though the final sailing event isn't done yet, I'd be more than open to having it earlier - but this sort of comes down to whether it's about the fact that not all players are there yet, or if it's about other stuff such as region refunding and claiming.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
August the second is the date I've been quoted. Even though the final sailing event isn't done yet, I'd be more than open to having it earlier - but this sort of comes down to whether it's about the fact that not all players are there yet, or if it's about other stuff such as region refunding and claiming.
They've only began refunding recently, I believe, and there's over a hundred regions so I'd wager it was that.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
I am concerned that events is ahead of the OOC aspects staff have to do, though.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
At least it gives a sense that cities didn't spring up overnight. I'm grateful for that since the only char I have in the new world is a 4 year old. It'd be a real immersion breaker if I leave old world and come to new world to find the same exact city on the same day. I dig the buffer in between sailing and city copy paste.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
I am concerned that events is ahead of the OOC aspects staff have to do, though.
Well, manly folks were impatient and pushing for event things to happen. So events happened. Gotta compromise somewhere.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
At least it gives a sense that cities didn't spring up overnight. I'm grateful for that since the only char I have in the new world is a 4 year old. It'd be a real immersion breaker if I leave old world and come to new world to find the same exact city on the same day. I dig the buffer in between sailing and city copy paste.
I'm against cities porting over at all, but that's a different and already lost argument. The buffer's nice, but I can only make some poor player DM a hunt or exploration so many times before it loses novelty.