Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Game of Thrones [No Book Spoilers, but filled with TV Series Spoilers!]

Sizzix

Doge Keeper
war, war never changes.

It will be satisfying to see a direwolf emblem for Winterfell in the intro of the next episode.

rip wun wun, but hey think of all the money they'll save on cgi

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
*Peeks head in. Raises chalk on wall next to five lines. Awaiting to finish another one for my fav survivalist queen-in-the-north.*

Yea, that grey direwolf banner silently being set up was pretty nice.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Yeah I have to say that a large portion of the female characters on GoT are surprisingly bad. Sansa is probably the least terrible but that's not saying much unfortunately.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Yeah I have to say that a large portion of the female characters on GoT are surprisingly bad. Sansa is probably the least terrible but that's not saying much unfortunately.
Which is odd, cause it's usually the ones I really enjoy in the books. Though we can't forget how awful a lot of the male characters ended up too in translation.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Which is odd, cause it's usually the ones I really enjoy in the books. Though we can't forget how awful a lot of the male characters ended up too in translation.
There's only a handful of good characters in my opinion.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
"Good" is relied on the subjective view. I consider the book editions showing a ton of characters, male and females both, and thier flaws as well as thier state of minds, thinking process perfectly fine. Even if there are characters that do the opposite of things that are considered good. Show can't do that- show has to show that in a competed span of an hour. Which has its good and bad points.

If you guys mean terrible as in writing plot wise or acting, that's another ballpark. I believe most of our main characters acting have been good so far, really. Writing well- it's certainly different now.

(I also look at a large portion of women in leadership now that most of the male kings have died. No ones perfect though. No that's not a faceless pun.)

Helios

Legend of Altera
Hard to tell a girl no when she has three giant fire breathing angry lizards.
I was more so referring to what she did to the khals. First off, I've zero idea why they didn't just straight up charge the bitch instead of crowding by an obviously locked door. I understand yeah, burning building and all that, but they barely put up a fight. Second off, the dothraki do indeed follow power but they also fear and resent black magic; And seeing some woman come from a fire unharmed after murdering their leaders seems a lil black magicy yanno?? It just seems too easy for her to destroy her enemies like that, I was expecting for there to be a few episodes of her having conflict with the khals which would've been interesting to see.

LeftwardElk

Lord of Altera
I was more so referring to what she did to the khals. First off, I've zero idea why they didn't just straight up charge the bitch instead of crowding by an obviously locked door. I understand yeah, burning building and all that, but they barely put up a fight. Second off, the dothraki do indeed follow power but they also fear and resent black magic; And seeing some woman come from a fire unharmed after murdering their leaders seems a lil black magicy yanno?? It just seems too easy for her to destroy her enemies like that, I was expecting for there to be a few episodes of her having conflict with the khals which would've been interesting to see.
The words Dany and conflict don't go well together.