Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Kerbal Space Program

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Launch to a lower or higher orbit on the same plane as the target, then set it as a target. Raise your apoapsis/periapsis (depending on orbit height) until you have a closest encounter of preferably less than 1-1.5km. Once you're at closest encounter, set your speed to Target mode on the navball and burn pro or retrograde according to the marker until you've got a Target speed of 0.0m/s. That means you're now within 1km of your target, in an identical orbit. From there you want to burn towards them, never moving faster than 20 meters/s. Once you get within the last 100m, get that speed to 0m/s, then turn on your RCS in docking mode, switch your camera to Chase view, and use the RCS to navigate to the last 10 meters, where you'll orient to the docking port and come in slowly at 1m/s or less. Should dock juuuust fine.

Or watch the Scott Manley video on docking.

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
Pffft, like I can get a spaceplane into orbit...
...or space...

...or off the ground...
*Sob* Jebediah, why?!? You were so young! *Whail*

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
Pffft, like I can get a spaceplane into orbit...
...or space...

...or off the ground...
*Sob* Jebediah, why?!? You were so young! *Whail*
1383378_215454008631821_103696998_n.png

My plane flipped over on the runway, and the game froze up mid-flip. Needless to say, everyone blamed Bob for it.

Angryboy

Go to the plane building and load up one of the stock planes. They are easiest to fly, and fly just like in most flight-simulators.

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
It's no so much design so much as strategy. When you reach a certain height air-breathing engines die. If you have two, it will unfortunately go out one at a time and spiral out of control. How does one avoid this?

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Stick a proper liquid fuel rocket on there too. Keep yourself in high atmosphere and build speed until you're near orbital velocity, then pitch up, use action keys to shut down the air breathers, and activate your rocket with another action key.

Angryboy

Get a joy-s
Stick a proper liquid fuel rocket on there too. Keep yourself in high atmosphere and build speed until you're near orbital velocity, then pitch up, use action keys to shut down the air breathers, and activate your rocket with another action key.
The only way to stop them from shutting down one at a time is to shut them both down manually. Part of the mod I linked earlier actually has an engine which is "air-breathing" and has a weaker form which doesn't need air to breath. It switches over automatically, but the fuel-engine is considerably weaker.

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
Get a joy-s

The only way to stop them from shutting down one at a time is to shut them both down manually. Part of the mod I linked earlier actually has an engine which is "air-breathing" and has a weaker form which doesn't need air to breath. It switches over automatically, but the fuel-engine is considerably weaker.
action keys are the way to go