Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Life Is Feudal: Sandbox MMO in a realistic medieval setting

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
http://lifeisfeudal.com/

Interestingly, it comes in two forms. The MMO form, and the Your Own form, where you can run your own server with a max of 64 players. The MMO form can hold 10,000+ and supports guilds, sieges, and warfare.

Axex

Lord of House Hawklight
Apparently this first release is like an early access, the 64 player server thing, which may honestly be cooler for us anyway, since we could set it up primarily for roleplay.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
The world is unfortunately pregenerated and only 3x3km in size on the Your Own version, but I'm not sure how far the sandbox capability goes.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
hrm . . .. i hear people saying "replacement for minecraft" . . .
You'll hear it even more now that mojang is property of microsoft. Only a matter of time before you have to go through "Games for Windows" login DRM shenanigans to play minecraft. And pay for DLC. (these last two sentences may be a joke.)

Not to mention that there's quite a number of us players here that do not come on here for minecraft at all, but are simply using this as a roleplaying medium. If a new game comes along that does a better job at that, then yes it could very well become a replacement for minecraft.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Let's not forget modding support. One of the reasons multiplayer minecraft is so popular is because of the huge modding community it has. If this new game can match that, there may well be some true competition.

Sos

Lord of Altera
Let's not forget modding support. One of the reasons multiplayer minecraft is so popular is because of the huge modding community it has. If this new game can match that, there may well be some true competition.
... But mods dont work with everyone

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
... But mods dont work with everyone
The plugins we use are lumped in with the blanket term "mods" in a lot of cases. We wouldn't have the server we do without the capability to MODify it with plugins.

BarbarianGaming

Lord of Altera
hrm . . .. i hear people saying "replacement for minecraft" . . .
View attachment 52535
Minecaft isn't the best game for RP, it's been said by players and it was even said by a staff member on one of Athryls Podcasts. Alot of players here the only reason they're still playing Minecraft isn't for the mechanics and features of the game, it's to RP. I wouldn't be surprised or against this becoming a replacement RP server. Once its fully developed of course.