Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Life Is Feudal: Sandbox MMO in a realistic medieval setting

BarbarianGaming

Lord of Altera
It hasn't even opened for early access yet. And you guys are already making points on why we couldn't switch over when it was only a mentioned idea by a player not an admin.

aidoninja

Lord of Altera
Legend
aidenninja
aidenninja
Legend
was just a question, and if it gets a modding community like mc , then im sure it will be fine, like at least a few dozen mods that adds the races are normal as far as im concerned :p

Spark

Broken
It hasn't even opened for early access yet. And you guys are already making points on why we couldn't switch over when it was only a mentioned idea by a player not an admin.
I agree, the idea of switching over is ludicrous anyway, I think people are getting waaay ahead of themselves. This game could be good, but I doubt it would be good as a replacement for the server. Lets just wait and see.

aidoninja

Lord of Altera
Legend
aidenninja
aidenninja
Legend
I agree, the idea of switching over is ludicrous anyway, I think people are getting waaay ahead of themselves. This game could be good, but I doubt it would be good as a replacement for the server. Lets just wait and see.
*reals his overly long neck in* that . . . is a good point . . .

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
Plain and simple we're not going to wind up switching over. This is a minecraft roleplay community, built entirely around the base game. The hundred or so active players don't want to all go and buy an entirely new game that they probably can't run in order to remain with the community. Sorry to burst your bubbles.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Everybody talking about buying it and I'm here like

tumblr_n9un76lsKn1sjvd7wo1_500.png

BarbarianGaming

Lord of Altera
Plain and simple we're not going to wind up switching over. This is a minecraft roleplay community, built entirely around the base game. The hundred or so active players don't want to all go and buy an entirely new game that they probably can't run in order to remain with the community. Sorry to burst your bubbles.
No one mentioned that we should stop playing MC and switch over to this. The only things that were mentioned was that it would offer RP opportunities without the cartoon feeling and mechanics of MC. If someone did start an RP server on this I would join it but I would also still RP on MC because not everyone can get it like you said.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
okay I like the way it looks....

Farming
and the realism looks good
But what about magic?

What about fishing?

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
If I had to immediately drop Minecraft and preserve the HW lore while switching games, choice number one would be Neverwinter Nights 2.

Tywin_Lannister

Lord of Casterly Rock
I've been watching this game for over a year now. I've watched all of the dev blogs and updates, and I think there is almost around 1000 hours of gameplay that can be found on youtube, though it is all pre-alpha footage, being able to see where they are now, from where they started, and hearing what he/they wanted the game to have/be like, and they are nailing what could be the new generation minecraft, or what minecraft should have become.

I have had my hopes dashed in the past @Spark but, if this game truly has what it claims to in the trailer(which is does) then I don't see how it will not be the prince of games that was promised.

http://lifeisfeudal.com/game-info

-Completely open/terriformable world
-Purely medieval
-No magic
-No safe zones, other than the walls/keeps you build (though you can still be killed inside them)
-No Dragons
-Actually mining into the ground and not some respawned node
-150+ skills/professions
-A couple of million different alchemy outcomes
-Limited amount of resources!!!
-100% player created world (no server builds/spawns)

The list goes on and on, but, since I have only talked about the positives, I'll say, the only thing that disappoints me is that houses are pre-designed, but the devs say that they will come out with more. My hopes are quite high, but I know that the MMO 10000+ servers will be insanity xD