Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Lord of the Rings Online

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Want to get a group together to first explore the quests, and then RP, in LoTRO.

We'll be on Laurelin, rolling new characters for this.

Current Party is looking like:

Naelwyn - Tank. A person with fairly grandiose dreams. Not too sure if I'll be playing champion or Warden.

Mich - Ze Medic. Dunno if mich has character idea yet.

Lemme know who/what/when, etc. I'm hoping to have more than me + mich in the game, as that did get a touch lonely.

--------------

Laurelin Character Index:

Naelwyn - Berahthram - Human Guardian. Profession: Armoursmith. Location: Combe. Lv 10.
Michcat - Caeril - Human Minstrel. Profession: Historian. Location: Combe. Lv 11.
Somnastra - Hreowyn - Human Captain. Profession: ?. Location: ?.
Spagbog - Feraslas - Hobbit Minstrel. Profession: ?. Location: ?.
Moochick - Liese - Human Burglar. Profession: Yeoman (Tailor, Cook, Farmer). Location: Bree Lv 22
Moochick - Ansrona - Elf Rune-Keeper. Profession: Woodman (Woodworker, Farmer, Forester). Location: - ?
cherbert - Frodrimbo - Hobbit Burglar. Profression: Tailor. Location: Moria. Lv 52

Last edited by a moderator:

Scardrac

Felsummer
I will get back into the game if more people are willing! Gimme a bit of time to re-download and think of something, yeah?

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Was figuring group could be either Human or Hobbit. Depends on what classes people want, etc. I'm not one for the Dwarf stuff and RPing a Tolienian elf was not my cup of tea.

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
I could roll up whatever is needed, let me know :D will gladly do it~

spagbog

Lord of Altera
Like I said, I usually play as a Support, so buffing and/or healing.

EDIT: That would be a Hobbit Minstrel, by the way.

Last edited:

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
What i dislike about these attempts to form groups is that not everyone can be on at the same times and you can quickly drop behind in progress and levelling compared to others.

I'd love to be part of it.

LeafyChan

Official Alteran
I used to play LOTRO as a female elven hunter. I was a very original child, obviously.
I think I got to ~level 30 then quit... I might not mind reinstalling the game again and help everyone level, though!

If I was to make another character I'd probably make either a human, hobbit or dwarf male to get some variety in there. The elven disability of less auto-health regain freaking sucked, man. I'd probably be the guardian if playing as a male dwarf or a hunter with my previous elven character since everyone seems to want to be ze medic or a damage-dealing tank.

Captains are great fighters! In the higher levels you get to have a name-able follower to aid you in battle. If you've ever wanted your own slave "Billy-Bob-Joe" now is your chance @Naelwyn ! Minstrels are very hard to play solo and playing solo as a hunter and lore master gets much more difficult in the later levels so... Find a tank and stick with it, supporting classes.

Also, @IceandFire the closest to a magic-damaging class would be the runemaster.

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
I used to play LOTRO as a female elven hunter. I was a very original child, obviously.
I think I got to ~level 30 then quit... I might not mind reinstalling the game again and help everyone level, though!

If I was to make another character I'd probably make either a human, hobbit or dwarf male to get some variety in there. The elven disability of less auto-health regain freaking sucked, man. I'd probably be the guardian if playing as a male dwarf or a hunter with my previous elven character since everyone seems to want to be ze medic or a damage-dealing tank.

Captains are great fighters! In the higher levels you get to have a name-able follower to aid you in battle. If you've ever wanted your own slave "Billy-Bob-Joe" now is your chance @Naelwyn ! Minstrels are very hard to play solo and playing solo as a hunter and lore master gets much more difficult in the later levels so... Find a tank and stick with it, supporting classes.

Also, @IceandFire the closest to a magic-damaging class would be the runemaster.
Ah, cool. I would gladly take the role of the runemaster, if nobody else wants too!

LeafyChan

Official Alteran
Ah, cool. I would gladly take the role of the runemaster, if nobody else wants too!
Shoot! I'm looking on the wiki and apparently the runemaster is a paid class..! You buy it in the store with points but I think you can earn the special points through a free character too but I'm not sure how quickly you would earn points that way... It's been a while.

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
Shoot! I'm looking on the wiki and apparently the runemaster is a paid class..! You buy it in the store with points but I think you can earn the special points through a free character too but I'm not sure how quickly you would earn points that way... It's been a while.
Ah! Well, I can pay for it, if needed :D

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
What i dislike about these attempts to form groups is that not everyone can be on at the same times and you can quickly drop behind in progress and levelling compared to others.

I'd love to be part of it.
What I'd hope is that (And based on the interest level) we can form, quite potentially, multiple groups on at different times, or a Hollowworld 'Guild' so to speak, and we can wait at various breakpoints for levels, probably wherever major 'group' quests are.

I figure we'll probably have a differing interest in the content and RP, but the main thing is that it'd just be nice to have some friends playing to also hook up with to play with. It can feel very.. dull, if alone in the gameworld by oneself with no real targets or goals, etc.