Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Magic approved character list

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerTheKnight

Loyal Servant of Altera
Honestly i mean i though by stating a application was going to be made it would be made i know i should be patient but how hard could it be to make an application?

Spark

Broken
TylerTheKnight said:
Honestly i mean i though by stating a application was going to be made it would be made i know i should be patient but how hard could it be to make an application?
The staff have lives, they have the entire lore to do, it needs to be a well thought out application process. Theres 3 reasons already.

matyio

The original mute
Maybe they don't have a big enough staff team then?
That or it's too big? Maybe they just aren't at the right sized team? Why doesn't everyone just be quite about this till the application process comes put, you are all still allowed your characters as they are until such a time as this application form is made.

TylerTheKnight

Loyal Servant of Altera
Wouldn't that be the issue though people with the free-time not give the responsibility of actually creating the things people need i mean its not a huge issue but when i learned that an approved application was needed i had to put back my original plans of learning pyromancy and have been trying to find other things to occupy me which really just including building funds for nobility and fighting really i am just wanting to get into a role-play i could really sink my teeth into but until i start learning magic i cannot do that, i don't know if this is effect others and this complaining is really based on what i was hoping to accomplish and i know it is selfish of me to say so but if people who can't do something are ask to do something is isn't going to get done.

matyio

The original mute
Wouldn't that be the issue though people with the free-time not give the responsibility of actually creating the things people need i mean its not a huge issue but when i learned that an approved application was needed i had to put back my original plans of learning pyromancy and have been trying to find other things to occupy me which really just including building funds for nobility and fighting really i am just wanting to get into a role-play i could really sink my teeth into but until i start learning magic i cannot do that, i don't know if this is effect others and this complaining is really based on what i was hoping to accomplish and i know it is selfish of me to say so but if people who can't do something are ask to do something is isn't going to get done.
Ok, so you want to have a moan at the loaf team, then I get to moan at you then. Use correct sentence structure, I won't correct it for you but that is plain awful, even people who English isn't their first language can write better in better sentence structure than that.

Spark

Broken
matyio said:
Ok, so you want to have a moan at the loaf team, then I get to moan at you then. Use correct sentence structure, I won't correct it for you but that is plain awful, even people who English isn't their first language can write better in better sentence structure than that.
Loaf team? xD and is that really a mature response? No, I think not.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
do magic items (such as the mysterious black crystal shards Stefan seeks to acquire) need to go through this approval, if so I'd be happy to mail you some details now...
Magic artifact rules are my pet project at the moment. I'll be releasing the framework on them shortly after the main magic lore comes out. They need to come with examples, and I've been holding off on bothering the lore approvers with approval requests until this bulky blob of work is completed.

The magic item rules and categorization have otherwise been completed.

TylerTheKnight

Loyal Servant of Altera
Yeah i know my typing could use some improvement but as long as my spelling is correct and everything is say is understood what is there to complain about.

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
Magic artifact rules are my pet project at the moment. I'll be releasing the framework on them shortly after the main magic lore comes out. They need to come with examples, and I've been holding off on bothering the lore approvers with approval requests until this bulky blob of work is completed.

send me a convo on that please :) Also, tell me your idea's on spell structuring.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Oh, and FYI, part of the reason this is taking so long is that Legion and Itzza are being flooded by approval requests. (It's why I'm not publishing pretty much anything of my duties as lore writer, they're already overwhelmed.)

Requests they said to wait to do.

As such, somebody's gotta be the bad guy.

I'm suggesting quite earnestly that if people continue to send magic applications and keep overwhelming the lore team with them, when they are trying to create the application process, that they be immediately declined both now, and for after the approval process is released, for not being mature and patient enough to just wait a bit.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
itzza has uni.
I wish I was at Uni doing the Games Design course I so crave. Unfortunately i'm still failing 6th form on the weekdays and have a weekend job to take up my time :p.

The reason(s) for us taking so long is sort of a combination of what Spark said:
The staff have lives, they have the entire lore to do, it needs to be a well thought out application process. Theres 3 reasons already.
We have lives, omg it's such a surprise! No really we do, and as much as i'd love to sit here all day and just write lore nonstop, i've got other things in that nasty "real world" place that drags me around like a wet sock.

Another reason is me and Legion have not been able to set up an actual meeting to discuss things properly, so everything gets disjointed in private conversations and we spend extra time trying to make sense of what the other is saying. Time zones are mostly to blame but so is other commitments, work, schooling, and playing games as we love doing.

The applications are pretty high up on our list but we still have some tweaking to do on the Magic lore and a rather large heap or writing to do on the rest of the Race lore before we can even get started. If everything were ready it would probably take us just under an hour to get a good enough application process out.

But we don't want "just good enough", we want to give the players what they deserve, we want to provide the best that we can.

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
I wish I was at Uni doing the Games Design course I so crave. Unfortunately i'm still failing 6th form on the weekdays and have a weekend job to take up my time :p.

The reason(s) for us taking so long is sort of a combination of what Spark said:

We have lives, omg it's such a surprise! No really we do, and as much as i'd love to sit here all day and just write lore nonstop, i've got other things in that nasty "real world" place that drags me around like a wet sock.

Another reason is me and Legion have not been able to set up an actual meeting to discuss things properly, so everything gets disjointed in private conversations and we spend extra time trying to make sense of what the other is saying. Time zones are mostly to blame but so is other commitments, work, schooling, and playing games as we love doing.

The applications are pretty high up on our list but we still have some tweaking to do on the Magic lore and a rather large heap or writing to do on the rest of the Race lore before we can even get started. If everything were ready it would probably take us just under an hour to get a good enough application process out.

But we don't want "just good enough", we want to give the players what they deserve, we want to provide the best that we can.
That and this is all yet to be sparked by my event.

Bloodwyvern13

Loyal Servant of Altera

Okay ty, I'll avoid RPing anything too directly with it until I see your frameworks on them, thanks for the response

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
I apologize, this is largely my fault.
The past 3 weeks, ive been litterally inundated by IRL work. We had 5 projects behind schedule, and my job is to work on jobs that are behind schedule so that they meet deadlines. The last of those deadlines was today. So after today, I will have ample free time to get everything done in a timely manner.

Also, because I feel that while I shouldnt necesarrily include the players in the process of lore writing, I should at least tell them what the heck is going on, so ill be making a thread soon to show what is up and coming.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
I've decided to help out with the whitelisting application process, I hope that's all right and that you guys aren't under too much pressure. :)

matyio

The original mute
I've decided to help out with the whitelisting application process, I hope that's all right and that you guys aren't under too much pressure. :)
While that (I assume) is helpful, I think the lore team has stuff the can't tell us about, where help could come. If you guys need any help on anything, drop me a pm and I'll see if I can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.