Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

More on OOC Issues

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
I really dont see how the crown is relevant to the issue.
It is quite relevant actually, the Crown has the ability to maintain proper and stable justice.

Haven is trying to bring justice, and we regularily (everyday, almost -.-) imprison criminals in our cells to attempt to succeed at this goal. However, we cannot enforce what is right everywhere, and we often are faced by heavy resistence, even though we are in the right, because we are not a central power.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
No, the crown is an rp mechanic which simply makes things more fun or gives options.
It is not a solution to the issue at hand, in fact it really doesnt even address it. Especially seeing as, with the problem being a deficiency in rp ability anyway, a crown adding to rp wouldnt make a difference.
Thats not to say a crown is a bad idea, it might be fun. But its not really relevant to the issue being discussed in this thread.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
No, the crown is an rp mechanic which simply makes things more fun or gives options.
It is not a solution to the issue at hand, in fact it really doesnt even address it. Especially seeing as, with the problem being a deficiency in rp ability anyway, a crown adding to rp wouldnt make a difference.
Thats not to say a crown is a bad idea, it might be fun. But its not really relevant to the issue being discussed in this thread.
All I'm saying is that if there was such a thing, maybe some OOC troubles could be avoided.

Tarron

Lord of Altera
I don't actually want the Crown to return in any form, but I'll take it if we get an RP hub back. I feel like the lack of Port Silver has caused a lot of issues. And no, I'm not joking.

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
I don't actually want the Crown to return in any form, but I'll take it if we get an RP hub back. I feel like the lack of Port Silver has caused a lot of issues. And no, I'm not joking.
We do have a hub, the Crossroads. As you can see there has been additions to the place to make it more like a small area where people can RP [A bank, the library, and more.]

Tarron

Lord of Altera
We do have a hub, the Crossroads. As you can see there has been additions to the place to make it more like a small area where people can RP [A bank, the library, and more.]
I'm sorry, but I really do not consider the Crossroads to be a hub. Nothing against it, I just don't see it.

Spark

Broken
The Crossroads to me, just gives so reason for anyone to be there. There's so much RP talking place there, but why? What business do people have in a tiny little town (which it isn't even a town, it's an inn, a bank and a library)? I don't see the RP reason for that many people to be there most of the time.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
The Crossroads to me, just gives so reason for anyone to be there. There's so much RP talking place there, but why? What business do people have in a tiny little town (which it isn't even a town, it's an inn, a bank and a library)? I don't see the RP reason for that many people to be there most of the time.
Mainly because it's a midpoint for transit and a convenient place to stop at for food and rest before continuing further on the journey.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Its intention is to be a "Crossroads", a pit-stop for travelers. Not somewhere you'd travel to, but where you stop when you're getting somewhere.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
No you.

Also, on the crown: I ain't touching dat. If you want that official you've really got to get everybody on board with that, and I, for example, have barely even heard the town of Golden Bay outside of reports of drama, so, yeah, not remotely close to qualifying by my metrics.

Spark

Broken
Mainly because it's a midpoint for transit and a convenient place to stop at for food and rest before continuing further on the journey.
Its intention is to be a "Crossroads", a pit-stop for travelers. Not somewhere you'd travel to, but where you stop when you're getting somewhere.
Okay that explains a lot, thanks for clearing that up :3 Looking at the map, it is a pretty convenient location.

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Also, on the crown: I ain't touching dat. If you want that official you've really got to get everybody on board with that, and I, for example, have barely even heard the town of Golden Bay outside of reports of drama, so, yeah, not remotely close to qualifying by my metrics.
I can understand that.

I won't say it is impossible, but something major or something drastic would have to be made if a crown were to come back... And the would include a lot of planning and work.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
View attachment 50315

As I got a lot of thinking time on vacation I was thinking about bringing back a/the crown
I am a quite new player and I came after all grief/crown games stuff, but I still thought a lot about how a crowned king would be a good RP element

Now I know the queen was living in the silver palace in PS, as PS now is gone and some of you might know abot Golden Bay
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/city-in-construction-golden-bay.28809/
As GB is to replace PS we, the people who currently rule GB, are trying to make it a great place

Now GB is player ruled and as far as I know we dont have any staff suporting us/giving stuf, we are a place on our own and we waat to be big

Now the crown topic, as we are to replace PS we also want a crown/king just like the old days
To give an idea, GB is IC ruled by my character Sankera, but the person who started gb is @Tomato150 character Visenya Senatoor, because of this he owns the land OOC. But with being the only one alive of them two and vis will change after her revival
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/visenya-senatoor-marie.28540/ San is the only IC ruler over GB
I was even planing a big event regarding crowing an to be Altera's ruler
(I think this sounds selfish but wierdly enough RP put me in this spot, one of the reasons I love holloworld)

I kind of feel bad by telling all of my plans but I thought they needed to be said after what I saw and read

I agree with @Valonyx - why in Harateth's and Valor's name would the Kingdom of Hierax, the Kingdom of Marr, The Order or anyone else bow to a little town with maybe 4 houses in total? Not to mention with a Senator - One of the houses that had a main part in why we need this thread in the first place - foreshadowed to bear at a top position?

It is quite relevant actually, the Crown has the ability to maintain proper and stable justice.

Haven is trying to bring justice, and we regularily (everyday, almost -.-) imprison criminals in our cells to attempt to succeed at this goal. However, we cannot enforce what is right everywhere, and we often are faced by heavy resistence, even though we are in the right, because we are not a central power.
You are only in the right as far as local laws say you are ;).

Sos

Lord of Altera
why isnt the idea of a fresh start being discussed more?

anyway, were all rejecting the crown out right... but why not the other way? Separate the states... were doing that already, right?
We could have a central trading node... but now offence to @Sankera but there couldn't have been worst places to put it, in terms of geographically and politically

Sos

Lord of Altera
- firstly is it possible to draw lines on the dynamic map? that could solve alot of issues