Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

More on OOC Issues

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
...no offence dude, but you're dreaming really hard if you think Lavoyard, the Order or the frenchmen will bow down to Golden Bay even remotely. Knight's Haven is at least five times larger then Golden Bay, and growing.

I believe that bringing the crown back must be done by conquest and might, not OOC wise.
I totally agree on that but as I tried to say was that I just wanted to clarify my idea, and of course not all people,e will bow to a crown, that is just totally normal, tha fact that haven is bigger is because you got more voting people and the empires old money

Also, on the crown: I ain't touching dat. If you want that official you've really got to get everybody on board with that, and I, for example, have barely even heard the town of Golden Bay outside of reports of drama, so, yeah, not remotely close to qualifying by my metrics.
On that note I try to do that but its hard to do from spain on a table. Also on the drama reports, I wasn't really notified because I am here in spain, I wish I was home all that time so I could have tried to prevent/stop it

I agree with @Valonyx - why in Harateth's and Valor's name would the Kingdom of Hierax, the Kingdom of Marr, The Order or anyone else bow to a little town with maybe 4 houses in total? Not to mention with a Senator - One of the houses that had a main part in why we need this thread in the first place - foreshadowed to bear at a top position?
Yea that is bcause we arent building enough and I wished I did more about it, but yea, in spain on tab. On the senatoor part, it just hapend to be that visenya is senatoor, but tom's character has nothing to do with the drama since vis died in childbirth and was all that time in GB

anyway, were all rejecting the crown out right... but why not the other way? Separate the states... were doing that already, right?
We could have a central trading node... but now offence to @Sankera but there couldn't have been worst places to put it, in terms of geographically and politically
*points to tom* his idea of putting it there

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
nopenopenopenope, we have been building too much to move over again.
*breaks ps wall to unleas the corruption to destroy the world* sorry didn't hear you

Exclaimer

Lord of Altera
I don't think it's a very wise idea to get attached to your builds, if an exodus is still a possibility.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I'm just going to disclaim that right now, because every time it's brought up build activity slams to a halt and there are no plans whatsoever for doing that at this time.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
I don't think it's a very wise idea to get attached to your builds, if an exodus is still a possibility.
Its really not. People always quit building thinking an Exodus will come and thats a shame- Lovely builds are lovely and we're not about to wreck that. No exodus planned afaik, keep building and having fun. This map ain't half explored yet anyway!

Exclaimer

Lord of Altera
Ah, okay. I said that based on my experience with map resets and seeing half of the people leave after their builds go away, so I often say that as a warning; I don't mean to discourage building, just the feeling of attachment people often get.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
a) I totally agree on that but as I tried to say was that I just wanted to clarify my idea, and of course not all people,e will bow to a crown, that is just totally normal, tha fact that haven is bigger is because you got more voting people and the empires old money

b) Yea that is bcause we arent building enough and I wished I did more about it, but yea, in spain on tab. On the senatoor part, it just hapend to be that visenya is senatoor, but tom's character has nothing to do with the drama since vis died in childbirth and was all that time in GB
e
Ad a)
Again by what authority do you intend assume the crown over other Kingdoms, that you know will not bow?
It will only end in exactly what we have right now -

Ad b)
Her own involvement in singular instances or the general situation is meaningless to the fact that no one will accept it alone due to recent happenings, not speaking about you guys having no claim at all, nor the ability to enforce it against peaceful or moderate regions should they not want to play along.

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
Its really not. People always quit building thinking an Exodus will come and thats a shame- Lovely builds are lovely and we're not about to wreck that. No exodus planned afaik, keep building and having fun. This map ain't half explored yet anyway!
I completely agree with michcat. See, I build for fun and just because we're getting a new world, doesn't mean we shoul drop the chisel and mallet and get shack up in a hole till we flee the world, only to pick up the tools again and start over. I'm going to use the quote "All this happened before, and will happen again" because it perfectly represents Altera. Sure we've had an exodus, and we probably will have another one in the future somewhere, but they just aren't reasons to stop the server from growing and to keep the builds from blooming. If this'll cause you to feel sad that you can't see your build ever again, go do it in a single player world and back up the save.

Sos

Lord of Altera
right... so i got off from playing spec ops: the line... more accurately, that white phosphorous scene and the scene in the command post... you all know which one im on about
I felt like ****, but after a quick drink and a brush of my teeth, I soon realized why i was thinking about it so much and this server... everyone is demanding order and that is what colonel konrad uses to justify his actions.

Now before the down votes come, let me make this clear. This server will not get to that particular level of... stuff (although a couple houses might) but were blaming Chaos and demanding order as if that will solve anything...

Now i will admit, i've done a complete 180 on this... but i don't see anything we can do, other than reminding everyone that its a game...
calm down, take a breather and walk away.. come back before you spew whatever rage you have allover these forums

what do you mean?
I meant the exodus thing... but as where ruling that one out -i cant believe i'm saying this- but jishrim could even the playing field... i'm trying to think of a god that's both neutral and willing to do anything, and im struggling

But the main point of this thread is to sort out issues IC bleeding into OOC and vice versa... its calming down, but perhaps more people to call out toxicity isn't the worst thing... a brilliant idea would be an thread where people could voice their opinions about other players to clear the air is another idea, and maybe a bad one but one none the less.

I dunno, I'm not good with people and I'm probably missing the point, so ignore me.. now I'm going to bed...

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
My opinion on the Crown thing is that a central crown could be a good idea, but if controlled by Players (A player King, with a player Council).
Staff members count as players too, and imo, Michcat played a great Queen. The best option for a central crown would be an election or new game of crowns with updated and unbiased rules.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
A lot of towns already have castles >_> Why not claim up your own King/Queen and get town members to acknowledge it. Staff don't necessarily have to support/do it for you.

I was self-proclaimed Pirate Queen for ages- and eventually everyone started calling me that- so it IS possible.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
View attachment 50315

As I got a lot of thinking time on vacation I was thinking about bringing back a/the crown
I am a quite new player and I came after all grief/crown games stuff, but I still thought a lot about how a crowned king would be a good RP element

Now I know the queen was living in the silver palace in PS, as PS now is gone and some of you might know abot Golden Bay
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/city-in-construction-golden-bay.28809/
As GB is to replace PS we, the people who currently rule GB, are trying to make it a great place

Now GB is player ruled and as far as I know we dont have any staff suporting us/giving stuf, we are a place on our own and we waat to be big

Now the crown topic, as we are to replace PS we also want a crown/king just like the old days
To give an idea, GB is IC ruled by my character Sankera, but the person who started gb is @Tomato150 character Visenya Senatoor, because of this he owns the land OOC. But with being the only one alive of them two and vis will change after her revival
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/visenya-senatoor-marie.28540/ San is the only IC ruler over GB
I was even planing a big event regarding crowing an to be Altera's ruler
(I think this sounds selfish but wierdly enough RP put me in this spot, one of the reasons I love holloworld)

I kind of feel bad by telling all of my plans but I thought they needed to be said after what I saw and read

lol have fun trying to enforce that with such little land and backing IC

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Staff members count as players too, and imo, Michcat played a great Queen. The best option for a central crown would be an election or new game of crowns with updated and unbiased rules.
Irrelevant, Michcat was a great queen, that is true, but she was never elected in any way by the Council of Lords or won the Game of Crowns.

Last edited: