Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

More on OOC Issues

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Staff members count as players too, and imo, Michcat played a great Queen. The best option for a central crown would be an election or new game of crowns with updated and unbiased rules.
haha, I was more a stand-in as we set up an updated and unbiased GoC and to efficiently get the Exodus out of the way without having to go through a non-lore-member (Me as the players figurehead, Legion/Naelwyn- General Obsidian- as the Nether forces figurehead; we coordinated lore and our "forces" for a good experience between everyone involved)

ofc, everyone hated the idea of a central crown so much that by the time the GoC was ready the launch it seemed a better idea to close it all down before starting another big crown project.

Leminth was slated to die anyway (ALS/Lou Gherigs Disease, too complicated to cure via magic and decided+agreed upon by Sally and I at the very beginning of the crown stuff) so the Crown would've had to change somehow no matter what.

Megadonkey30

Lord of Altera
MD30
MD30
ofc, everyone hated the idea of a central crown so much that by the time the GoC was ready the launch it seemed a better idea to close it all down before starting another big crown project.

Leminth was slated to die anyway (ALS/Lou Gherigs Disease, too complicated to cure via magic and decided+agreed upon by Sally and I at the very beginning of the crown stuff) so the Crown would've had to change somehow no matter what.
Eh, that is not very true. Several groups of people were counting on the Game of Crowns to come around. Sure, a few didn't want a Centralized Crown, but at least half of the player base then wanted it.
In game it is Queen Leminth Disease

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Eh, that is not very true. Several groups of people were counting on the Game of Crowns to come around. Sure, a few didn't want a Centralized Crown, but at least half of the player base then wanted it.
Eh, that seemed to be what was said at the time, and we tried to listen.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
And I will again note that people started doing their own thing, after the staff dropped the crown. It wasn't us players who revolted, killed the queen and set the throne on fire it was the staff who no longer wanted it. So again I don't see why the ones having legitimately built up withing snow should suffer the consequences?

If people want their crown found your Kingdom and be happy the way you rule it, but don't destroy the work others did because select few don't know what going overboard means.

As for the crowns stability:
Within the time of Draco's reign I could have assassinated him 8 times without anyone actually able to do something against it as the guards were effectively sleeping through the council meetings.
Oh and lets not forget that the Silver Guards no matter under which King, have caused a lot of resentment too.

I dont think they count as a king if they were elected.
The Holy Roman Empire would dare to disagree.

Yes and said half can found their Kingdom and have constant crown battles in there, while the rest can still do their own thing in their Own Kingdoms , principalities and whatever else we got on Altera already.
No reason to force people who actually put thought in their governments to re-join that mess.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
@DraconDarknight The staff dropped the Crown because at the time, the large majority of players were no longer interested in having a central government authority. Staff actions are taken in accordance with what the playerbase wants, not what the staff team wants, save for a few policy choices on server direction which were dealt with by the management team.

Axex

Lord of House Hawklight
For a lot of the House leaders, myself included, it wasn't about it being a central authority, rather that we felt it needed to be earned not gifted, thus Leminth only should have existed as an interim, not the last Queen of Altera before the throne was shattered. Draco earned the crown, and for that we accepted it. Leminith didn't. (Typed on my tablet, excuse spelling mistakes)

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
For a lot of the House leaders, myself included, it wasn't about it being a central authority, rather that we felt it needed to be earned not gifted, thus Leminth only should have existed as an interim, not the last Queen of Altera before the throne was shattered. Draco earned the crown, and for that we accepted it. Leminith didn't. (Typed on my tablet, excuse spelling mistakes)
This is my opinion and the opinion of Arcturus and now Lavoyard resumed in a few sentences.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
I think it can safely be assumed that we've discussed both sides of this to death. We'd like an ooc solution to an ooc problem, though.