Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

~Nakam Clarification~

Hello...

• Uhm...Hi?

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • ...What?

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Why are you talking to me?

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Please remove your knife from my kidney, good sir, I am enjoying my meal.

Votes: 21 72.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
Also, props and a truck full of good stuff to Valcust for all the work he has done for this thread and his character, and despite his bodies natural judgement of wanting to sleep, he continued to work hard on writing more about the Nakam. Not to mention he is perfecting a Nakam language!

When someones asks you what you did today, can you say you wrote a language?
I think not!

Well done Valcust!

Machy234

Lord of Altera
Also, props and a truck full of good stuff to Valcust for all the work he has done for this thread and his character, and despite his bodies natural judgement of wanting to sleep, he continued to work hard on writing more about the Nakam. Not to mention he is perfecting a Nakam language!

When someones asks you what you did today, can you say you wrote a language?
I think not!

Well done Valcust!
Ask me that question again tomorrow and I may answer yes.

Also I second this, great work Valcust. You're amazing. :D

2buggs

Lord of Altera
^^ I cannot give enough props to Valcust, he has done what I never even plan to do or want to do!

Keep going buddy!

Valcust

Lord of Altera
Heh, while I do thank everyone for the support, one little burning thought still bothers me...
Who's going to learn a whole language just to role play on a minecraft server? >.>
I'm pretty close to just declaring < blah blah blah> Nakam speak, at least in RP..
I'll still use what I have right now to name things, and perhaps a few phrases can be used by people ^_^
Like "Harash Yivdem!" As a sort of greeting.. Meep, I dunno ^_^
Anywho, off to add moar!
Now adding:
~Relationship between Verbali and Kavdek
~Nakam "religion"
~Just how native are the natives?

Machy234

Lord of Altera
I was going to learn it but Ami died and Kenina didn't get off to a good start with the Nakam today did she buggs? :D

Questions:

1) What's up with Dwarves and Nakam? :confused:

2) What's up with Nakam and Kegs? :confused:

3)What's up with Feral Nakam and Kegs? :confused:

4)What's up with Bugg's whiskers? :confused:

Cancel that last one, his whiskers kinda got incinerated. :oops:

2buggs

Lord of Altera
I can answer 2 of the 4...

2) Nakam and kegs... It's not all Nakam... You see... Buggs has slight schizophrenia, he talks to inanimate objects like keg (who always tricks him and is a jerk) and sitar (his best friend).

4) My whiskers... It seems everyone wants them or hates them... They keep getting pulled out for alchemy, burned by fire balls, magicalu incinerated by dwarves... You know the deal...

Edit: Ami... she saw it all... Between me and seth...
P.S. I'm not feral :mad:

Machy234

Lord of Altera
I can answer 2 of the 4...

2) Nakam and kegs... It's not all Nakam... You see... Buggs has slight schizophrenia, he talks to inanimate objects like keg (who always tricks him and is a jerk) and sitar (his best friend).

4) My whiskers... It seems everyone wants them or hates them... They keep getting pulled out for alchemy, burned by fire balls, magicalu incinerated by dwarves... You know the deal...

Edit: Ami... she saw it all... Between me and seth...
P.S. I'm not feral :mad:
Did you even look at me once? Since when has Ami ever had long crimson hair, blunt ears, red gems tied to her hands & one hell of an attitude?
That was Kenina who saw it all, if it were Ami she would have taken your side and not sided with the Sage and the Dwarf Magician.

Fitz

Back with a platter of heart leaches...
Retired Staff
Nakam are *technically* possible to be new characters

...It's an insult to be called a cat as a Nakam, somewhat of a racial slur, actually, though a fairly common one...
here kitty kitty kitty... :p

wanted to make sure people saw the above link cause i have yet to get a single request. Val, shoot me a message I want to clear something up with you.

Fitz has stated that we are a "monster race", though we can be called a "beast race", I guess, we are not monsters..
We don't go around beating folks for their money, or doing much of anything evil or bad.

Monstrous not because of what they actually are like but because people are naturally fearful of what is not like themselves. so the average alteran would be distrustful if not outright hostile to a nakam the first time they encountered one. those whose settlements border nakam territory are probably much less bigoted. Though way cuter than earthspawn or greylings they are reacted to in a very similar way as those races who truly are monstrous. however, greylings and earthspawn outnumber nakam about a thousand to one and thus have had more exposure to humanity and are more readily accepted by the pink skins (especially after they essentially saved altera from massive loss of life during the last exodus).

Spark

Broken
I was very tempted to apply but sadly it wouldnt fit into the RP of my town :/ and im only 4 months old.

Val im so glad you cleared up the human(dwarf,elf, etc)-nakam breeding thing, i cant even imagine what a half nakam, half earthspawn would look like :eek: ....well I can but its not pretty

Status
Not open for further replies.