Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Nation States](Forum RP) The ball of the lion of August

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
chateau-de-versailles-spectacles-galerie-des-glaces.jpg
*as the delegations would one by one enter the Arclin, a sight of extreme, perhaps obscene wealth, refinement and luxury would be available for their eyes to behold. The amount of rare pieces of art, sculptures, delicacies and ornaments of gold would be grandiose, obviously demonstrating the sheer power and strength of the Arc aristocracy. visages, forms and animals smelted in radiant gold, windows as clear as crystal, floors reflecting figures with near absolute fidelity, and above all, dozens of men and women, dressed in the most provocative, over-encumbering and distinguished ways. Some would seem augmented, with various parts, often said cyborg augmentations being themselves encrusted with gold and silver, or /entirely/ made out of gold. It was clear to anyone in the room that this show of power was by no means a random event, but merely the Arc oligarch-controlled state extending it's colors like a peacock, hoping to impress the outside, scary world. Some groups of aristocrats would whisper, judging and talking about the different delegations, as others would slowly attempt to walk towards them, engaging conversations and presenting themselves. Squads of experienced servants and butlers, both men and women, dressed in similar white suits, would be walking swiftly through the crowd, trying as best as they cold to evade the encumbering clothing of the Nobles. There would also be a few groups of military personnel, those dressed in a more.. formal manner, most standing further in the room, near a corridor. Many sights were available to display, and there would be a constant but soft classical music playing in the background ( P. Royer. La Marche des Scythes. Yago Mahugo, Harpsichord. look it out on Youtube. ). The Delegations would be left free to wander around in the Arclin Palace's main grounds, visiting and learning about this usually isolationist and closed culture, meeting whoever they want, and talking with each-other.*

Versailles11.jpg 51e8270ce9530.jpg 9.jpgOrlesian_Nobles.jpg
(For info, the Real Life comparison location i'm going to be using for most of this is le Palais de Versailles, Paris, France.)

Last edited:

Dr.Patriot

Lord of Altera
In fear of the sorts of schemes that one can pull when they have large numbers of foreign delegates in the palm of their hand, the Sprakians respectfully decline.

The Courier

Lord of Altera
Adam was initially revolted at such obscene sin before him. His eyes, hidden under visor, gazing about in half-horror half-resentment. Crossing a cross over his chest and praying for forgiveness for being in such hallways. Moving through, he would nonetheless speak when approached, however he was much more tense than usual with all this greed and gluttony and lust about.

<Eve> Meandered away from her father, still noticeable as she might be the only person in 1500s looking plate armor other than her shorter father. Musing over the cost before trying to remember he rich to poor ratio of Arcturix. Finding soon that there's all this and then some people who are starving to death due to poverty. The young lamb of God then moving around to mingle Opting to go and gossi- I mean talk with the Vermellan Housekeepers.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
"Good evening, friends. Have these festivities, thus far, been to your likings?"

((Preemptively responding to the response, as I'll likely be asleep: ))

Upon receiving a reply, Sinclair would begin discussing Vermellan art and culture with Housekeeper Kierattin, as he had recently visited the Vermellan exhibit at the National Museum of Antiquities in Sincronia.
"I... am not sure whether I am unimpressed, or slightly afraid." she murmurs, looking round the halls.

on the subject of the vermellan art museum, she murmurs, "it wasn't my plan to sell our valued treasures to the highest bidder, but the donations to that museum have served a good cause. I am... personally glad about the outcome. at the least, Arcturix could stand to take a lesson from us, rather than splatter this gaudy yellow on everything."

LightTwig

Lord of Altera
Dmitri is briefly stunned by the sheer extravagance of the scene, though he quickly composes himself with a prayer, and sets off to find something to eat. All that he had had today was a small sum of peanuts on the flight over, and that wouldn't do. He seizes the arm of a passing waiter, "No move" he says blankly, reaching across the man to steal an entree from his serving tray. Dmitri chews recklessly, sucking a small morsel from his teeth before he decides that he wants more. Not letting go of the server's arm, he continues to take more, standing sentinel in the middle of the ballroom floor with his hostage.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
An instance of Mechanica would be politely sampling the various food items, while another at a different end of the room would be examining the room's furnishing. The main instance would continue to converse with the Sincronians and Vermellans.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Housekeeper Paraniace is wandering around, doing a slight dance. oh, how she used to dance when she was younger.

<Eve> Meandered away from her father, still noticeable as she might be the only person in 1500s looking plate armor other than her shorter father. Musing over the cost before trying to remember he rich to poor ratio of Arcturix. Finding soon that there's all this and then some people who are starving to death due to poverty. The young lamb of God then moving around to mingle Opting to go and gossi- I mean talk with the Vermellan Housekeepers.
Housekeeper Laica and Housekeeper Pausina look with great concern at the kid in plate armor, and swiftly invite her to sit down. their motherly instinct kicked in.
Laica: "please. please sit down. here, I'll find something for you to eat."
Pausina: "are you alright? where are your parents?"

Housekeeper Keirattin is... looking at Mechanica with slight fear, and trying to carry a conversation with Captain Sincroni-, er, President Sinclair. (@Lord_Sinclair yo yo ;) )

Deathmoron

Lord of Altera
The roach moves towards where the food and drinks are to eat and drink. His guards staying somewhat close by him.

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
Once inside the building, the Ellathyrian people would look around at the buildings interior and the people gathered within. Quite a few nations had decided to attend it seemed. Morgan and Elysia would walk around the room to greet people and exchange pleasantries. Fenir on the other hand would be flirting with what appeared to be a group of women from the aristocracy of multiple nations.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
*Minister Saahl, previously at the Mechanican Mooring ceremony, would be the first known figure of Arc high-command to show up, appearing in the same vestment he wore before, a sign of his recent arrival. The diplomat would direct himself to the largest grouping of delegates, and begin asking their impressions (I believe this would be where Adam, Sinclair, the Housekeepers and a Mechanica instance would be located?*

The Courier

Lord of Altera
<Eve> Was quite flabbergasted by the sudden motherly instincts of the women. Eve, as said before, was taller than her father who was 5'7". She was standing around 5'10". Lifting her visor, the eyes of Samantha on her with the hair color of Adam. She would take a seat and quickly go to speak, her face young.

"Please- Misses, I'm Eve Filonsky. Adam's daughter. He's over. . .there."

She'd point towards the Adam who was meandering about, seeming to be judging everything silently.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
the Housekeepers
(just Keirattin. she kinda got pushed away from her friends by an overly friendly Mechanica. her buds are busy tending to a wee child, and dancing aimlessly in the middle of the room.)

<Eve> Was quite flabbergasted by the sudden motherly instincts of the women. Eve, as said before, was taller than her father who was 5'7". She was standing around 5'10". Lifting her visor, the eyes of Samantha on her with the hair color of Adam. She would take a seat and quickly go to speak, her face young.

"Please- Misses, I'm Eve Filonsky. Adam's daughter. He's over. . .there."

She'd point towards the Adam who was meandering about, seeming to be judging everything silently.
*Pausina waves her hand dismissively*
"I knew, I knew. just very... very concerned about your health. do you think you could call Prophet Filonsky over? he's a friend of mine."

*Housekeeper Laica grumbles*
"Sister Pausina looked worried. don't look at me."
*she goes to get some foodstuffs*

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
The Morganth would stray away from the nobles. Moving to examine the room, admiring the gold fixtures and such. Whispering to one of her guards making motions towards a sculpture.

The Courier

Lord of Altera
*Pausina waves her hand dismissively*
"I knew, I knew. just very... very concerned about your health. do you think you could call Prophet Filonsky over? he's a friend of mine."

*Housekeeper Laica grumbles*
"Sister Pausina looked worried. don't look at me."
*she goes to get some foodstuffs*
<Eve> "Daaaaaaad!" She called out over towards Adam, waving afterwards with the clanking of armor.

Adam would look over at his lamb's voice. With elegant stride in his ceremonious suit, he'd give a kneel before Pausina and his daughter before rising once more. Ceremonious saber, with very dulled blade, is on his left side.

"Pausina! It's been too long, how are you enjoying this spectacle of sin?"

Gaby

Lord of Altera
<Eve> "Daaaaaaad!" She called out over towards Adam, waving afterwards with the clanking of armor.

Adam would look over at his lamb's voice. With elegant stride in his ceremonious suit, he'd give a kneel before Pausina and his daughter before rising once more. Ceremonious saber, with very dulled blade, is on his left side.

"Pausina! It's been too long, how are you enjoying this spectacle of sin?"
Pausina: "absolutely GAUDY! I mean, look at all this ridiculous gold! it's like they don't know how to make it look pretty!
see, with gold, it needs to be tasteful. break up all the yellow with some gems, like turquoise. turquoise is wonderful, and plentiful enough to cover a fairly wide area, so you have some creative flexibility. oh, you're daughter's adorable, by the way."
*she flashes a wide smile*

*housekeeper Laica returns with at least three plates of food, passing out two of them to Pausina and Eve, before seeing Adam there. talking to Pausina...*

I will.... get some food. Lady Filonsky, would you care to accompany me?
*she senses Adam and Pausina would like to catch up in private*

(ship? what ship?)

Gaby

Lord of Altera
@Valonyx meanwhile, Housekeeper Alashe Paraniace was dancing her way over to a lone arcturian noblewoman, cheerily discussing how incredibly bright the room is, what lovely clothes she's wearing, and if she could sample a taste of that wine.

depending on how perceptive the noblelady is, and how heteronormative arcturian society is, she may or may not realize that Alashe is flirting with her.

The Courier

Lord of Altera
Pausina: "absolutely GAUDY! I mean, look at all this ridiculous gold! it's like they don't know how to make it look pretty!
see, with gold, it needs to be tasteful. break up all the yellow with some gems, like turquoise. turquoise is wonderful, and plentiful enough to cover a fairly wide area, so you have some creative flexibility. oh, you're daughter's adorable, by the way."
*she flashes a wide smile*

*housekeeper Laica returns with at least three plates of food, passing out two of them to Pausina and Eve, before seeing Adam there. talking to Pausina...*

I will.... get some food. Lady Filonsky, would you care to accompany me?
*she senses Adam and Pausina would like to catch up in private*

(ship? what ship?)
<Eve> looked towards her father and Pausina, listening to the two and also learning how to make gold look good. Remembering that should she ever want for a nice necklace or so. Turning back towards Laica, she'd give a nod, which made the visor fall down over her eyes. "Certainly!" Pushing said visor back up as she talked, standing to accompany Laica to the buffet table.

Adam would be laughing softly as he listened to Pausina. Finding the sudden lecture on interior decorating to be the last thing he'd get from her. Removing his helmet and pushing a gauntlet through his dark hair he'd hold a grin.

"Appreciation for your compliments, Nihere. I find the amount of provocative apparel and amount of SHOULDERS exposed is purely mind boggling. This greed and gluttony. Good heavens, I feel tainted just being in here." All the while a jovial light hearted voice speaking.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
<Eve> looked towards her father and Pausina, listening to the two and also learning how to make gold look good. Remembering that should she ever want for a nice necklace or so. Turning back towards Laica, she'd give a nod, which made the visor fall down over her eyes. "Certainly!" Pushing said visor back up as she talked, standing to accompany Laica to the buffet table.

Adam would be laughing softly as he listened to Pausina. Finding the sudden lecture on interior decorating to be the last thing he'd get from her. Removing his helmet and pushing a gauntlet through his dark hair he'd hold a grin.

"Appreciation for your compliments, Nihere. I find the amount of provocative apparel and amount of SHOULDERS exposed is purely mind boggling. This greed and gluttony. Good heavens, I feel tainted just being in here." All the while a jovial light hearted voice speaking.
and Laica and Eve go looking for things to eat.

Nihere Pausina giggles.

"exposed shoulders... I keep forgetting standards are different here. it just looks to me like the hall's full of prudes pretending their money can buy good taste. now... if I was planning this party, it would be... much more interesting. though, I'd leave the planning to Auska. she was always good with that sort of thing. oh yes, the sort of wild vermellan dances. there should be a place for a live orchestra to play. lots of drums, two choirs, perhaps some bass to change it up a bit. should be cheaper than all this gold, at the least.

ah... this is Von Khrone showing off, isn't it?"