Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[NationStates] I'm building us a planet

BarbarianGaming

Lord of Altera
The Protectorate of Makorath

Population: 281 million
Human Development Index: 58
Defense Forces: 98

Other Notes and Elaborations:
IC- Makorath has been a Protecterate of Arcturix for countless generations and share a border with them. With their overlords support in the south they rapidly expanded and annexed vast tracts of land whenever they could.
OOC- I would like to be located to the north of Arcturix sharing a border with them. I would prefer a fairly large country but I'm not picky give me what you think would be fair.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Updated map:
Nation States Political Map.jpg
There are quite a few more unclaimed nations marked, now.

All the directions from before:
Firstly, all black and yellow dots mark logical places to build cities, at least logical by my standards.
Secondly, the colors are arbitrary. I initially tried to shade nations by their colors, but I quickly had to start reusing colors and the whole plan just fell apart.

The yellow area in the lower left is Sincronia. There are more marked city locations mostly because I obsessed more over my own potential holdings than everyone else's (naturally), so don't be alarmed by the disproportional city representation.

The purple area in the lower center is Volopia.

The red area in the lower right is Mechanica Rationalis.

The cyan, orange, and blue areas north of Volopia are Arcturix protectorates ideally meant for Turious, Tarjikstan, and Prussoarcturix. Fight amongst yourselves for who gets which one. More protectorates can always be made north of Arcturix, if need be.

The yellow area northwest of Mechanica Rationalis is unclaimed.

The black area in the center is Arcturix.

The red area north of Sincronia is New Tiarch.

The green area in the center is Sprakia.

The yellow area north of Sprakia is Carausmia.

The purple area in the upper center is Legisa.

The brown area in the upper center left is Curacha.

The magenta area west of Curacha is unclaimed.

The cyan area in the far upper left is Terenas.
New directions:
The brown area north of Arcturix is Makorath.

The magenta area north of Arcturix is Samuelanista.

The black area in the SW is Morgnatha.

The red areas scattered throughout the ocean are Corvermell.

The blue and orange areas north of Makorath are unclaimed.

Anything not shaded is also unclaimed.
Again, keep me honest with the borders.

EDIT: Also, I'd like to draw everyone's attention to the island in the center sea West of Arcturix. That island could probably sustain a small nation, but if no nation wants it, that island will almost certainly become a point of contention.

@Gaby I'm debating whether or not to give Corvermell the islands North of Sincronia, as well. In all likelihood, they'll either be Corvermell's or remain unclaimed/contended.

@Kyle1322
I tried to come up with some way to split the area you wanted with Morgnatha, but I couldn't really come up with a natural way to do it. Morgnatha had the population edge, so I gave most of the area to Morgnatha.

I'm planning on placing Cyclophoa South of Morgnatha, but I may wait until more people claim. Depending on how many people lay claims, I may or may not be able to justify Cyclophoa laying claim to the land South of the lake in addition to the land between the lake and Morgnatha. Similarly, the Eastern border of Cyclophoa is dependent on how many other nations I may need to add in.

Of course, all of this still assumes you want that general area. If you'd like to relocate (remember, a lot of the shaded areas are still unclaimed), you're more than welcome to do so.

Last edited:

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Just a reminder, but there are currently four shaded regions that are actually unclaimed; I just shaded them because they looked like clear-cut places to draw in nations.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
(See second post of page 1 for updated maps)

Current Maps:
Right click and open in New Tabs for zoom!

Flags Map:
Nation States Flag Overlay.jpg
Borders Map:
Nation States Borders Overlay.jpg
Cities Map:
Nation States Base Overlay.jpg
Capitals Map:
Nation States Capitals Overlay.jpg
Transportation Map:
Nation States Transportation Overlay.jpg
Weather Map:
Nation States Weather Overlay.jpg

Last edited:

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Updated map:
Cities have been removed to make the map a bit cleaner looking.

Firstly, all black and yellow dots mark logical places to build cities, at least logical by my standards.
Secondly, the colors are arbitrary. I initially tried to shade nations by their colors, but I quickly had to start reusing colors and the whole plan just fell apart.

The yellow area in the lower left is Sincronia. There are more marked city locations mostly because I obsessed more over my own potential holdings than everyone else's (naturally), so don't be alarmed by the disproportional city representation.

The cyan, orange, and blue areas north of Volopia are Arcturix protectorates ideally meant for Turious, Tarjikstan, and Prussoarcturix. Fight amongst yourselves for who gets which one. More protectorates can always be made north of Arcturix, if need be.

The yellow area northwest of Mechanica Rationalis is unclaimed.

The magenta area north of Arcturix is Samuelanista.

New Directions:
The orange area north of Arcturix is Natrizima. Though unrequested, Natrizima is active, and Natrizima's factbook entry points to this area as being the best fit.

The brown area west of Sincronia is Duskilor. Duskilor's factbook entry points to this as being an ideal location.

The green area in the NW is Cyclophoa.

The black area in the far North is Senturia, tentatively. Given that your nation is new, your activity levels are unknown. I'll grant you the land, but continued RP activity in the region will be required to keep it.
Unclaimed Shaded Regions:
The magenta area West of Curacha is unclaimed.

The blue area North of Natrizima is unclaimed.

The yellow area NW of Mechanica Rationalis is unclaimed.
At this point, only the area between Mechanica Rationalis and Sincronia, the island in the central sea (we need some ocean names, btw), and the islands scattered throughout the ocean are unclaimed (although at least some of the scattered islands could potentially end up as part of Corvermell).

I've been informed that God Send is supposedly a floating nation. To make this claim more feasible, I'll likely place God Send on a small island with the assumption that the island acts as an anchor for outward expansion onto floating platforms of some sort. Considering only a small island will be required, God Send will likely be one of the last nations to be placed unless a more specific location is requested.

I went back through the last ten pages of Nation States message board replies to determine which other nations were active enough to make the cut. Basically, if they posted within the last ten pages and are also still reasonably active (still answering issues at least every three days), I'd be willing to try to fit them in.

Not including nations already placed or accounted for, the following nations may place bids with priority going from the top of the list down:
Zwerg mit Eisen
Ellathyr
Dojmiri
Raavos

If you know who owns any of these nations, please let them know about this thread.

EDIT: You will note that Tangistan PR is not listed as a nation eligible to place a bid. Though this may seem odd, you have to keep in mind that the majority of Tangistan's delegacy supporters are also ineligible by this method. Therefore, it would not make sense to place Tangistan PR without also placing its supporters, and as of now, that does not appear to be a likely scenario.

Last edited:

223hero7

Lord of Altera
The Dominion of Turious
Population: 273 million.
Human Development Index: 65
Defense Forces: 55

Hey, I've been going with that Turious has been a desert-dwelling nation. Are any of those spots still unfilled?

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Updated map:
The yellow area in the lower left is Sincronia.

The magenta area north of Arcturix is Samuelanista, tentatively.

The orange area north of Arcturix is Natrizima.

The brown area west of Sincronia is Duskilor.

The green area in the NE is Cyclophoa, tentatively.

The blue area north of Natrizima is Senturia, tentatively.
New Directions:
The cyan area south of Arcturix is now Turious.

The orange area south of Arcturix is now Prussoarcturix.

The yellow area on the island west of Arcturix is Tarjikstan.
Unclaimed Shaded Regions:
The magenta area west of Curacha is unclaimed.

The black area in the far north is unclaimed.

The yellow area north-west of Mechanica Rationalis is unclaimed.

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
I'll claim the unclaimed yellow zone in the south for the nation of Raavos!

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
aaaw yis bb the most glorious Commonwealth of Protectorates is stronkest, stronker then the so called ''Aegis Protection Pact''... ;)