Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[NationStates] I'm building us a planet

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Just thinking, how does this map fit with the issues NS gives us like "Bigtopia invades you, AGAIN". Typically most players just use a name out of a hat, but now that we've got the map plotted, it's a little more difficult to make up stuff.
Even before the map, I used to RP that Sincronia was simply invading a puppeted nation. Now, you can simply designate a small area within your new borders as a puppet region. If a "Bigtopia" issue pops up, you rename "Bigtopia" to your puppeted region, invade, and re-puppet it. This will allow you to repeat this cycle an endless number of times.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Or you can behave like the Commonwealth of Protectorates, and just blame neighboors to get reasons to peacefully annex them into the most glorious union of Nations of the world...

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Current Map with Flags:
Nation States Political Map with Flags.jpg
TIP: If you add both this and the previous map on Google Earth, you can toggle the flag overlay.

Last edited:

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
My environment is actually in the positive number, thank you. If their animals can't breathe the air it's hardly my fault.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Current Maps:
Nation States Flag Overlay.jpg Nation States Political Overlay.jpg
Change Log:
> The border between Natrizima and Prussoarcturix was adjusted by two hexes to grant Natrizima a more natural road entry into Carausmia.
> One hex on the border between Sincronia and New Tiarch was transferred from Sincronia to New Tiarch to grant New Tiarch increased security on its natural roadway between its eastern and western territories.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
City Suggestions Map:
Nation States City Overlay.jpg
As the title suggests, I've put together a map where I've marked ideal places for cities, at least by my standards.

I'm not about to tell you that you have to put a city at these locations, nor that you can't put cities elsewhere. I'm merely showing you where I would put cities, or, more precisely, where I would expect cities to have naturally spawned over time.

My general guidelines for determining city locations are as follows:
> River deltas are almost always marked for cities.
> Straits are usually marked for cities.
> Land bottlenecks where transport routes would naturally converge are marked. (ex. the city in the middle of Sprakia where the route through the jungle is shortest)
> Areas that have absolutely no nearby cities are given a city, one near a water source, when possible.
> Extremely defendable locations are marked for cities. (ex. the cities by the mountains in Arcturix)

If all these city locations were settled, there would certainly be some diplomatic issues arising, some notable examples being:
> the four cities near each other on the Prussoarcturix/Volopia border
> the two cities on the Natrizima/Senturia border
> the city on the Samuelanista/Natrizima/Makorath border (how well will the protectorates get along, I wonder?...)
> the city on the Carausmia/Samuelanista border

Last edited:

rjamesking

Lord of Altera
*Stands to address the conference* With this redrawing of the maps of the world we Zwergians will be a naval people soon. [OMG OMG OMG Dwarf navy!!!! ]

Gaby

Lord of Altera
hey guys

HOW ABOUT YOU NOT TRY TO BOMB HAWAII.
THAT WOULD MAKE THIS WHOLE SITUATION A LOT EASIER.

(im being silly)

Last edited: