Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[NationStates] I'm building us a planet

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
aaaw yis bb the most glorious Commonwealth of Protectorates is stronkest, stronker then the so called ''Aegis Protection Pact''... ;)
Mechanica is the most weaponized country in the world, individually being more militarily significant than Arcturix and all its protectorates combined. The Aegis is simply the agreement of various nations to play nice with MR in return for being defended by the immense military.

The Commonwealth might break the Aegis, but it'd be quite the pyrrhic victory. Mechanica promotes global peace by being 2stronk4u.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Mechanica is the most weaponized country in the world, individually being more militarily significant than Arcturix and all its protectorates combined. The Aegis is simply the agreement of various nations to play nice with MR in return for being defended by the immense military.

The Commonwealth might break the Aegis, but it'd be quite the pyrrhic victory. Mechanica promotes global peace by being 2stronk4u.
CaptureForces.JPG

Nice try m80

However, if you're referring to ''weaponization'', which is how much shotguns your average countrymen have in their basements, Arcturix is at -27 simply because it's illegal, and we'd rather have more professional soldiers then nobodies handling firearms.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Eh, weaponization > national defense means better offense to me, and my combat doctrine is to make it so nobody attacks me because the retaliation would be too costly.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Current map:
Nation States Political Map.jpg
All claims from before:
The yellow area in the lower left is Sincronia.

The purple area in the lower center is Volopia.

The red area in the lower right is Mechanica Rationalis.

The black area in the center is Arcturix.

The red area north of Sincronia is New Tiarch.

The green area in the center is Sprakia.

The yellow area north of Sprakia is Carausmia.

The purple area in the upper center is Legisa.

The brown area in the upper center left is Curacha.

The cyan area in the far upper left is Terenas.

The brown area north of Arcturix is Makorath.

The magenta area north of Arcturix is Samuelanista, tentatively.

The black area in the SW is Morgnatha.

The red areas scattered throughout the ocean are Corvermell.

The orange area north of Arcturix is Natrizima.

The brown area west of Sincronia is Duskilor.

The green area in the NE is Cyclophoa, tentatively.

The blue area north of Natrizima is Senturia, tentatively.

The cyan area south of Arcturix is Turious.

The orange area south of Arcturix is Prussoarcturix.

The yellow area on the island west of Arcturix is Tarjikstan.

The yellow area NW of Mechanica is Raavos.
Unclaimed Shaded Regions:
The magenta area west of Curacha is unclaimed.

The black area in the far north is unclaimed.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Eh, weaponization > national defense means better offense to me, and my combat doctrine is to make it so nobody attacks me because the retaliation would be too costly.
I don't see how the amount of weapons in the hands of untrained citizens is better offense, honestly. I read it as it is...

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
But aren't they some kind of hive mind? They could all be soldiers in an instant, the programming for soldier mode being uploaded to them or activated or whatever right?

Gaby

Lord of Altera
@Gaby I'm debating whether or not to give Corvermell the islands North of Sincronia, as well. In all likelihood, they'll either be Corvermell's or remain unclaimed/contended.
well I'm presuming there's more islands than seen on that map, cause islands b small. I like what I have so far, but if you want to expand the Corvermell, go ahead.
also, I see Sangue Lune! :heart:

Last edited:

Megadonkey30

Lord of Altera
MD30
MD30
Population: 300 million and growing.
Human Development Index: 62
Defense Power: 63

As for the spot on the map, I have no real preference.

I would like the black spot in the north.

Last edited:

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I don't see how the amount of weapons in the hands of untrained citizens is better offense, honestly. I read it as it is...
My citizens are statwise the most intelligent in the region, which I back in lore by every single one being connected to the MRNET. While maintaining individuality, each one can at will pull a Neo and learn Kung Fu. They wouldn't have the muscles for it but they'd have the knowledge and skillset, and since most battles are fought with weapons and tactics (and not fists), every single one can immediately become an expert tactician and marksman if they need to.

And the physical fitness thing is only a hindrance for the ones that aren't enhanced or synthetic.

But aren't they some kind of hive mind? They could all be soldiers in an instant, the programming for soldier mode being uploaded to them or activated or whatever right?
Bingo. Everyone in the country is a free-thinking individual that can at will link to the nation's hivemind/network/leader.

Anyways, I take the weaponization stat to mean offensive ability (force projection, military strength, etc), and the National Defense stat to mean how fortified the country itself is against invasion. Also, isn't a significant amount of Arcturix's supersoldiering due to MR technology being sold to you as part of diplomatic attempts to keep relations not-frigid? It'd be silly to attack your arms dealer, which is why I also think it's silly to have an e-peen contest over who'd win in a fight. I'm down with saying that Arcturix has superior defenses in homeland and protectorates while Mechanica has superior force projection. They'd probably stalemate, and I don't want to start a world war to see if that's true.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
They'd probably stalemate, and I don't want to start a world war to see if that's true.
but whyyyyyyy *sighs*

(reference to the Polandball community)
Guess i'll go absorb the clay of smaller states into the Commonwealth of Protectorates, then!

*grabs chained polandballs and walks away*

@Gregor

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Current map:
All claims from before:

The magenta area north of Arcturix is Samuelanista, tentatively.

The black area in the north is Cyclophoa.

The blue area north of Natrizima is Senturia, tentatively.

The green area in the far NE is Casperis.
Unclaimed Shaded Regions:
The magenta area west of Curacha is unclaimed.
Change Log:
> Cyclophoa was moved west to the black area and Casperis was given the green area. Both nations wanted a northern territory, and Casperis has more population, thus resulting in the shift to make the land claims more proportional to population.

ACU20

Legend of Altera
Now I feel sort of embarassed how all of you have massive military industries, and I am the one delivering pizzas. Wow.

"Large pepperoni pizza without the pepperoni? ... Got it." - Senturia's National Motto

Last edited:

RexJen

Lord of Altera
Wait... Carausmia is right in the middle of all these nations...
Carausmia is Poland...
*eep*
BETTER START DIPLOMACY

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Keep in mind that you've got Sprakia to your South, Carausmia. I imagine you can probably work out an alliance of sorts with them, at least.

LightTwig

Lord of Altera
Just thinking, how does this map fit with the issues NS gives us like "Bigtopia invades you, AGAIN". Typically most players just use a name out of a hat, but now that we've got the map plotted, it's a little more difficult to make up stuff.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Current map:
All Current Claims:

The magenta area north of Arcturix is Samuelanista.

The black area in the north is Cyclophoa.

The blue area north of Natrizima is Senturia.

The green area in the far NE is Casperis.

The blue area in south of Morgnatha is Ellathyr.

The green area in the far SW is Zwerg mit Eisen.

The magenta area west of Curacha is Dojmiri.
Change Log:
> Ellathyr was added to the map.
> Zwerg mit Eisen was added to the map.
> Dojmiri was added to the map.
> An unclaimed shipping lane was added between Morgnatha and Duskilor.

Further Information:
> There is an island between Ellathyr and Zwerg mit Eisen that I purposefully left unclaimed for a diplomatic dispute.
> Ellathyr was placed next to Mechanica Rationalis because its national animal is on the brink of extinction due to toxic air poisoning.
> God Send is a completely floating/flying nation, so, as such, I have determined it has no land claims and will not be marked on the map.
> Anything not shaded at this point is considered unclaimed or disputed.
> It is not too late to add your nation, if it's not added already, but be aware that you will have very little say in where you are placed at this point.
> Samuelanista has only a tentative claim on its land due to relative inactiveness in RP from OOC time constraints.
> Senturia has only a tentative claim on its land due to unknown RP invlovement.
> Dojmiri has only a tentative claim on its land due to limited RP and making no official request for land.

> I am in the process of working on a labeling system to better identify nations on the map.
> You can view the map in a global view by saving the map image above and going to "Add > Image Overlay" in Google Earth (see Baron's first post).