Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[NationStates] I'm building us a planet

Gaby

Lord of Altera

you know what I was expecting in response to that post?
a full-on flame war.

thank you for not starting a flame war!

Nope, she is not.
and thank you, Death, for understanding the point I was trying to make!
these are suggestions, in order to make the world more realistic and immersive!
it's like the hurricane thing

Last edited:

Valonyx

Lord of Altera

you know what I was expecting in response to that post?
a full-on flame war.

thank you for not starting a flame war!

and thank you, Death, for understanding the point I was trying to make!
these are suggestions, in order to make the world more realistic and immersive!
it's like the hurricane thing.
The HW Nationstates community is better then what you think, Gaby! xD

Gaby

Lord of Altera
The HW Nationstates community is better then what you think, Gaby! xD
you were the one who made me panic!

with your insistence on ignoring my advice!!!

Edit:
Skin colour depends on what she just posted. As result, I do believe Dojimiri and Curacha would have a medium of darker skinned people?
I should address this, as you appear very confused, sir.

Dojmiri and Curacha are actually at approximately the latitude of Europe, with the nations above them being right next to the arctic circle.

of course, also at about that latitude is New England, and you see what's going on there.

honestly speaking, since this is not earth, you're free to do as you wish. I'd say a medium skin tone would be fine. (your proximity and mutual militarism makes me think your people might be the same ethnicity, though. maybe y'all could talk about it, and write up a mutual history. I know talking with @BrianAT16 about our two nations led to some very interesting lore!)

now, Sprakia and Arcturix..... those guys are right on the equator.
@Valonyx @Dr.Patriot

Makorath's close to the equator too @BarbarianGaming ... of course, being a protectorate of Arcturix, you would also have a population of arcturions, who would be whatever Val decides they are.
last I checked, he went with spanish-looking.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
because I wanna live my lief the way i want

how do the kids say it?

#Yolo , is it?
you make no sense, Val!
no sense at all! XD

go have your blonde-hair blue-eyed germanically named spaniards who live in a desert at the equator! gosh!

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
It's like imperial colonialism in the Middle East. Lots of white folks there shortly before World Wars started happening all over the place. I imagine in Val's case there was no war to destabilize the area.

My excuse for having peoples of all colours in my nation is that Mechanica and some low-tier synthetics were there first, and in the process of building a country people started arriving to see what was going on and stayed. Everyone in the country is highly intelligent because the entire human society in the country is the result of multiple generations of engineers coming to work with synthetics.

RexJen

Lord of Altera
alright. might as well get my concerns over with.

while I fully understand that this is a fantastic universe, I want things to remain realistic insofar as it makes internal sense. since this is heavily based on real-life politics, I feel that the world should also reflect real-life racial diversity.

while you're all independently responsible for the decisions made about the lore of your own nations, I would like you to keep in mind a few things, so that you can make the decision while fully informed.

firstly, while in the modern day, people have moved around so greatly that most nations are a mix of multiple races, there is a /highly general/ rule that darker skinned folk are from regions closer to the equator, while lighter-skinned folk are from regions closer to the poles. this map illustrates the basic idea, applied to 1940s earth:

View attachment 59244

note the location of the equator. now obviously, our nationstates world is not like earth. it's composed of a single supercontinent with multiple subcontinents, and most of its landmass is situated at the southern hemisphere, with lots of landmasses around the poles. still, I managed to draw an equatorial line across the map, directly between the two poles:

keep this in mind if your country lies near or on the equator.

thank you for reading.

Edit: @Lord_Sinclair gave us this map:

which not only showcases the equator, but also the tropics and sea currents, so you can figure out your country's climate as well!
Carausmians are mostly black or of mixed heritage. :p

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
I needs me a deserty area.

I was formerly active in the United Nations, but I've been busy recently, but I will be catching up and being more active in RP as of now.

Aranudar would be situated preferably on a deserty area near the coastline, but it looks like most locations are taken, so I'd enjoy whatever's left over.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
God Send, I'll try and squeeze you into your desired location.

Aranudar, what would you say to claiming the islands east of Corvermell and north of Sincronia? They may look small, but they're near the equator, so it's actually a bit more land than it would at first appear.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
God Send, I'll try and squeeze you into your desired location.

Aranudar, what would you say to claiming the islands east of Corvermell and north of Sincronia? They may look small, but they're near the equator, so it's actually a bit more land than it would at first appear.
I'm all for it.

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
Idea:
Major roads, railroads, waterways, and airports map. Just a general transportation path map.
Maaaaaaaybe?