Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[NationStates] I'm building us a planet

RexJen

Lord of Altera
In terms of defense, the capital city of Mt. Harulth (build in and on the only mountain in Carausmia) is almost entirely underground, if needed, it has room to store around 20% of the population from nuclear fallout.
There are also scattered across the countryside (although mostly in the dense jungle, hills or woodland. avoiding deserts and such) are the sentient insect like Gra-hul (RANDOM NAME I MADE UP ON SPOT, TELL ME IF I SAID SOMETHING OFFENSE IN ANOTHER LANGUAGE) who mostly leave the humans alone, although in a time of need they will defend Carausmia.

RexJen

Lord of Altera
The government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces, and the state has declared war on the environment and environmentalists by association.
Oh...
Yeah they are going to have a war

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
I think I'm obsessed with this map-making business.

I present to you the Weather Map, outlining all the major ocean currents and jet streams!
Nation States Weather Overlay.jpg
So, what is the point of this map, you ask?

Well, now that we know the location of the ocean currents, we can RP hurricanes! Fun for everyone!

It's currently February, so the Northern Hemisphere is quiet.
However, the Southern Hemisphere should be right in the middle of hurricane season!

If we want a hurricane, this is how I'd RP it:
> A tropical storm brews in the waters north of Duskilor on day one.
> I'll outline six probable paths the storm could take.
> On day two, I'll roll a six sided die to determine the category of the storm with 6 representing tropical storm. This result will be public.
> Also on day two, I'll roll a six sided die to determine which path the storm will take. The result of this roll will remain secret to all but myself and two random nations that are not on any of the potential paths. I will, of course, inform the council of which nations I reveal the path to.
> Each consecutive day, the storm will move along its pre-ordained path, taking as long as needed to reach its destination.
> One day's notice will be given before final landfall.
> Once the hurricane hits, it's up to the nation it makes landfall in to RP the damage.

So, what say you? Shall we unleash the winds of chaos upon the world?

Gaby

Lord of Altera

now I have to think about what sort of precautionary measures Corvermell has for hurricanes.
I mean, they live right in the middle of hurricane country. they couldnt have possibly survived for so long if they were completely unprepared.

I think it might just be their stone-heavy architecture, honestly.
(though the selvalla were probably more accustomed to monsoons..... hrm)

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
All I have to say is caution on the number of nations with Huricane disasters... no one likes to have to diverse their foreign aid and attention on multiple RPs. Same partially goes with wars.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
alright. might as well get my concerns over with.

while I fully understand that this is a fantastic universe, I want things to remain realistic insofar as it makes internal sense. since this is heavily based on real-life politics, I feel that the world should also reflect real-life racial diversity.

while you're all independently responsible for the decisions made about the lore of your own nations, I would like you to keep in mind a few things, so that you can make the decision while fully informed.

firstly, while in the modern day, people have moved around so greatly that most nations are a mix of multiple races, there is a /highly general/ rule that darker skinned folk are from regions closer to the equator, while lighter-skinned folk are from regions closer to the poles. this map illustrates the basic idea, applied to 1940s earth:

skin tone map earth.png

note the location of the equator. now obviously, our nationstates world is not like earth. it's composed of a single supercontinent with multiple subcontinents, and most of its landmass is situated at the southern hemisphere, with lots of landmasses around the poles. still, I managed to draw an equatorial line across the map, directly between the two poles:

keep this in mind if your country lies near or on the equator.

thank you for reading.

Edit: @Lord_Sinclair gave us this map:

which not only showcases the equator, but also the tropics and sea currents, so you can figure out your country's climate as well!

Last edited:

BarbarianGaming

Lord of Altera
alright. might as well get my concerns over with.

while I fully understand that this is a fantastic universe, I want things to remain realistic insofar as it makes internal sense. since this is heavily based on real-life politics, I feel that the world should also reflect real-life racial diversity.

while you're all independently responsible for the decisions made about the lore of your own nations, I would like you to keep in mind a few things, so that you can make the decision while fully informed.

firstly, while in the modern day, people have moved around so greatly that most nations are a mix of multiple races, there is a /highly general/ rule that darker skinned folk are from regions closer to the equator, while lighter-skinned folk are from regions closer to the poles. this map illustrates the basic idea, applied to 1940s earth:

View attachment 59244

note the location of the equator. now obviously, our nationstates world is not like earth. it's composed of a single supercontinent with multiple subcontinents, and most of its landmass is situated at the southern hemisphere, with lots of landmasses around the poles. still, I managed to draw an equatorial line across the map, directly between the two poles:

keep this in mind if your country lies near or on the equator.

thank you for reading.
Are you making an argument on what skin color we should be?

Scardrac

Felsummer
Skin colour depends on what she just posted. As result, I do believe Dojimiri and Curacha would have a medium of darker skinned people? @Deathmoron

?? ? ??????? ? ? ??