Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[NationStates] War! Carausmia vs Upresh

RexJen

Lord of Altera
(Orbital bombardment is very clean, thank you. No fallout, extremely specific targeting, and no lasting damage beyond initial impact.)
(Carausmia already has a space station that has about 3-5 kenetic bombs, basically massive bullets that are dropped from orbit. Of course, no one is up there right now and Carausmia doesn't have the resources to send a mission up there to activate the weapon)

CthulhuPeople

Lord of Altera
(Sigh. Okay. I read through most of that. Let me clear a few things up. First of all, I really wish someone would have shote a message rather than going on and waging war without me, even though I AM DIRECTLY INVOLVED. Like, no one was like "hey...Upresh hasn't posted anything. We should wait." Now onto the stuffy stuff. Upresh is a collection of nomadic tribes, based mostly in the southern jungles, though on occasion going north. At this point, they would be waging guerrilla war on LITERALLY EVERYONE who entered anywhere near the jungles due to the lack of real communication between the tribes. I'll post something else later, I'm still on the road guys.)

Gaby

Lord of Altera
(Sigh. Okay. I read through most of that. Let me clear a few things up. First of all, I really wish someone would have shote a message rather than going on and waging war without me, even though I AM DIRECTLY INVOLVED. Like, no one was like "hey...Upresh hasn't posted anything. We should wait." Now onto the stuffy stuff. Upresh is a collection of nomadic tribes, based mostly in the southern jungles, though on occasion going north. At this point, they would be waging guerrilla war on LITERALLY EVERYONE who entered anywhere near the jungles due to the lack of real communication between the tribes. I'll post something else later, I'm still on the road guys.)
((I tried to make peace talks before this war went underway....))

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
((I'll hopefully get around to updating the map, shortly, to place Upresh in the southern forests/jungle. The southern port city will be considered contested territory, much like the eastern port city is.

In order to once more allow for the possibility of a diplomatic solution, and to help give Upresh the opportunity to catch up with the situation, let's assume that all fronts are currently in a stalemate.))

Last edited:

RexJen

Lord of Altera
(I /did/ send a telegram saying basically "give us back our land or die" and then you said "lets fight!")

RexJen

Lord of Altera
Although Carausmia would be doing its best to keep a firm grip on the territory it holds, their forces seem to be spread thinner than they were. Rumours of rebellions and the stirrings of an uprising against the militarist government would spread, lead by the former leader of Carausmia. Stories of Elites and packs of Heluth killing thousands of protesters, sometimes peaceful, sometimes violent would most definitely spread.

LightTwig

Lord of Altera

Status Update:

Legisa has continued to consolidate its forces along its border, and just outside the occupied Upreshi city to the west. The troops are hesitant, but content, as a steady stream of supplies flows in with help from the Navy.​

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Map Update:
Nation States Carausmia - Upresh War.jpg
Change Log:

> Southern jungles held by Upresh.
> Upreshian forces added.
> Visualization adjusted to show circles instead of lines for displaying units. Civilization style.

Let me know what you think of the new "Civ" style for showing units. Considering the map uses hexes, I thought it would be fitting to go full civilization and place units by the hex rather than by the line. Of course, all of this is just for simplicity's sake so I'm not drawing with an insane amount of detail.

One of the benefits of using a "Civ" style for showing units is that it is easier to determine how many units each nation has. Under this method, I have assumed that each nation has one unit for approximately every ten points on its Defense Forces stat. This would give Carausmia 7 units, Upresh 4 units, Legisa 8 units, and Natrizima 10 units.

Currently, I have all 4 Upreshian units in the south to conduct guerrilla warfare on the transportation routes. 4 Natrizima units are stationed by the eastern city, as per their campaign. 4 Legisan units are in the northwest along the border, as per their campaign. This allocation theoretically leaves Legisa with 4 more units and Natrizima with 6 more units. However, I would imagine that neither nation would contribute all of their units to this war. As you can see on the map, for example, I have 1 unit placed in each major Legisan city for Legisa's basic national defense.

@MaelstromPuddle
@LightTwig
Let me know how many units your nations would likely contribute and where they would likely be stationed! For ease of conducting war, you may assume basic Civilization movements and such, though I'd rather not include city health. In other words, if you leave a city un-garrisoned, you should not assume that it will hold up for a turn or two against enemy attacks all on its own. Also, try to campaign somewhat realistically; for example, don't charge forward and leave your supply lines completely undefended.

MaelstromPuddle

Lord of Altera
Legend
Auralein
Auralein
Legend
(Misread!)
I'm splitting off 1 of the 4 units in order to occupy cities and stamp out rebellion

Last edited:

RexJen

Lord of Altera
(The Issue
Several underground organisations in Carausmia have recently been spreading discontent throughout the populace about not being able to vote.

The Debate
"We demand the power to rule the country the way we want!" cries Peggy Dodinas while being dragged before you in chains. "Too long have you and your dictatorial government been allowed to control our lives! The right to vote in a fair and free election is all we crave! You can take our lives, but you'll never take our souls! Elections for Carausmia!")
The militarist leader of Carausmia has been overthrown, but while becoming the new leader of Carausmia, Olive was wounded by a bomb planted by 'Upreshian terrorists' (AKA the Carausmian military) while Olive is recovering, the war will go on.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Housekeeper Veritas Milari has sent a message to Carausmia and Upresh, on behalf of her husband Kouam Galtare.

in short, the message calls for the leaders of both nations to meet her personally. she has some food set out, it's on the nice end of Petra Veyr. next to a reef.

please come.

RexJen

Lord of Altera
Housekeeper Veritas Milari has sent a message to Carausmia and Upresh, on behalf of her husband Kouam Galtare.

in short, the message calls for the leaders of both nations to meet her personally. she has some food set out, it's on the nice end of Petra Veyr. next to a reef.

please come.
A message would be sent back "The leader of Carausmia is incapacitated, any and all meetings will have to be delayed until she recovers. If this matter is of the utmost urgency a representative can be sent"

CthulhuPeople

Lord of Altera

please come.
Without any warning whatsoever, the old Raja Khan would arrive, two heavily armed and armored men flanking him and not letting anyone near.