Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[NationStates] War! Carausmia vs Upresh

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Each side, be sure to let me know of developments and movements. I know what strategies I would likely pursue, but I can't read minds to figure out your strategies.
(Yap, we basically played the whole war over yesterday evening, Sinclair and I... xD )

Last edited:

RexJen

Lord of Altera
The Nomads War
Stage 1:

View attachment 60579
Key:
> Carausmian territory is yellow. Primary military lines are blue.
> Upreshian territory is black. Primary military lines are red.
> Neutral/disputed territory is grey.

Synopsis:
> Carausmia is fortifying Mt Harulth and attempting to stave off Natrizima in the east. Primarily defensive.
> Upresh and Legisa are securing the Legisan border and slowly claiming the west. Primarily cautious.
> Natrizima is attacking the eastern port city. Primarily aggressive.

Each side, be sure to let me know of developments and movements. I know what strategies I would likely pursue, but I can't read minds to figure out your strategies.
Ill add this in!

RexJen

Lord of Altera
Another Legisian diplomat, bearing the colours of neutrality, arrives in Carausmia's provisional capital. He takes out a file from a binder and addresses whoever receives him.

"It is the will of our King that you surrender in this cause, and spare your honourable army any needless bloodshed. You are outnumbered nearly two to one, there is no chance of winning. King Aleksander beseeches you to visit him in Novigród so that a peace talk might be held. If you do not comply, we shall be forced to continue this war"

Meanwhile, camps have been set up close to the Legisian-Upreshi border, while checkpoints are being set up in controlled roads and towns.
The military regime is digging in, fortifying the extensive man-made caverns of Mt. Harulth and although there is talk of dissent the leaders have not been overthrown
Natrizima Heavy Battlesuits would be engaging Gra-Hul with Flame throwers and pesticides while Natrizima medium Battlesuits would be engaging Elites while Legisa delivered terms
Once pesticides are introduced, the Gra-Hul of the particular nest you were attacking would go to ground, sealing off the exits of the hives with their bodies

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
(It was decided that the ants got politely retconned away, since there's gotta be a line somewhere, and we're trying to keep it at least halfway future modern Earth. Giant sentient ants don't fit into the narrative at all since their physiology wouldn't let them grow to that size, and they don't have the nervous system or resources to maintain a sapient brain. The synthetics fit within existing laws well enough to get by.)
Mechanica Rationalis is fully post-singularity and has extensive lore to back it up. The various nations that have futuretech back it up with science scores, the relevant issues, and (hopefully) lore for it. Our setting is by and large future-modern. Giant ants don't make sense in the setting in any way, and afaik there's no actual lore to back them up besides Carausmia deciding to have them.

Raith

Lord of Altera
Mechanica Rationalis is fully post-singularity and has extensive lore to back it up. The various nations that have futuretech back it up with science scores, the relevant issues, and (hopefully) lore for it. Our setting is by and large future-modern. Giant ants don't make sense in the setting in any way, and afaik there's no actual lore to back them up besides Carausmia deciding to have them.
what if Rextom then decided to write extensive lore on them? would they still be retconned or would she be allowed to have them?

RexJen

Lord of Altera
The way I saw it, Carausmia was breeding the original Gra-Hul to be bigger with each successive generation and then eventually starting to genetically modify them.
The ant-soldiers are based on the idea of Mektek Bitek Psitek. As far as I know there is no Psitek in the setting. What I see is that when nations like Mechanica go down the path of Mektek which leads to cybernetic immortality and the 'singularity' (which might not even be possible) Carausmia went down the path of Bitek that leads to genetic manipulation and then manipulating raw organic matter.
I know Carausmia is far from its final goal, I see the 'giant ants' who are not really ants as just a stepping stone to its final goals.
I didn't just 'decide' to have them, they are part of my long term plan for Carausmia
(I can just introduce them later if you think my science is not large enough)

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Eh, the fact is that just larger ants doesn't smarter ants make, and larger ants run into their own issues like asphyxiation in our atmosphere since there isn't enough oxygen. Genetically modifying them won't work since it's the same problem for all arthropods. Their physical structure doesn't work, and the solution life came up with, lungs, doesn't work with ants because at that point you're rebuilding the animal from the ground up to support lungs and the infrastructure they demand (stronger muscles for the larger size that the lungs require, a more powerful circulatory system than the ant has to run the larger everything, fighting off the square cube law...). Sentience is a whole other thing too - modern science is nowhere near putting intelligence in genetically modified animals since we don't know what causes it. Whales have bigger brains than humans but humans are brighter. There's no inkling that insects are smart either and ants are among the dumbest of insects, operating on like 5 instincts on autopilot that on a scale of hundreds to thousands of ants make the hive about as cumulatively smart as a mold. Ant brains are so basic it's not even known if they can feel pain or if they have the ability to sleep.

Ants don't work in the setting and it's such a monumentally difficult thing to accomplish it's just about impossible in any setting short of magic. Ants retconned, because I don't want to see this game go the way of HW 2012. And that's final.

RexJen

Lord of Altera
Eh, the fact is that just larger ants doesn't smarter ants make, and larger ants run into their own issues like asphyxiation in our atmosphere since there isn't enough oxygen. Genetically modifying them won't work since it's the same problem for all arthropods. Their physical structure doesn't work, and the solution life came up with, lungs, doesn't work with ants because at that point you're rebuilding the animal from the ground up to support lungs and the infrastructure they demand (stronger muscles for the larger size that the lungs require, a more powerful circulatory system than the ant has to run the larger everything, fighting off the square cube law...). Sentience is a whole other thing too - modern science is nowhere near putting intelligence in genetically modified animals since we don't know what causes it. Whales have bigger brains than humans but humans are brighter. There's no inkling that insects are smart either and ants are among the dumbest of insects, operating on like 5 instincts on autopilot that on a scale of hundreds to thousands of ants make the hive about as cumulatively smart as a mold. Ant brains are so basic it's not even known if they can feel pain or if they have the ability to sleep.

Ants don't work in the setting and it's such a monumentally difficult thing to accomplish it's just about impossible in any setting short of magic. Ants retconned, because I don't want to see this game go the way of HW 2012. And that's final.
Well, if I can not use insecoids, what can I use. I mainly chose insectoids because they seemed like a good starting point to me. Also I thought I said they were not sentient, just more intelligent and even then its just the queen

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Well, if I can not use insecoids, what can I use. I mainly chose insectoids because they seemed like a good starting point to me. Also I thought I said they were not sentient, just more intelligent and even then its just the queen
*flails arms around, pointing to himself and Sinclair offering military tactics*

RexJen

Lord of Altera
Instead of hives of insectoids there are now packs of large wolf like creatures, there are also roaming groups of one or two bearlike creatures.
All these creatures would have the latest genetic enhancements such as carbon fibres grown into their bones to reinforce them. There may also be rumours of large lizard like creatures that can spit highly acidic stomach acid.