Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

New World Plot Claiming Guide

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Right, here's how this is going to go.

The first things that go on the map are the primary server builds:

These server builds shall exert a 700-block radius no-build zone from every chunk edge that no town is allowed to be built on or extent into.

Map_WServerBuilds.jpg

After that, it's time for player claims, which proceed in an order as follows:

1) Greylings and Earthspawn, who have specific stuff worked in for them into the map already and do not need to claim areas. The Earthspawn, lorewise, gain possession of the charred biome by virtue of nobody else wanting to live there, such that they can be left alone. The Greylings get the area immediately around 'Cherbert's fingernail', a particular gash in the mountain chains.

2) Major Collectives: Anybody who has more than 2,000 total plots worth of area to claim, which needs to be purchased either already, or immediately upon being granted transfer. If they wish to exert an area of influence, they need to arrange their plot claims and builds such to take advantage of the town influence rules, presented at the end of this post.

3) Moderate Collectives: Same rules, for between 1,000 and 2,000 total plots.

4) 500-1000 total plots to transfer.

5) 250+

6) 100+

7) >100.

Things are being done in terms of total claimancy size first, because otherwise, it's /rather/ difficult to slot in builds over a certain size when claims are all over the place.

Within each bracket, the following rules determine claim order and priority in the event of a conflict:

1) Completion: A completed build takes precedence over a partially-finished/claimed build, and a partially-completed build takes precedence over a build that is just in the imagination.

2) Terrain Dependency: The more a build requires a terrain type or terrain features to work. Examples include port cities with docks and ships, which must have access to a logical waterway, and builds that need to be built into mountains.

3) Geopolitical, Cultural, Factional Logic: How much does the build make sense to be in it's location? Does it touch the borderlines of influence of another build of the same race, culture, or faction? Etc.
This is the next step after Terrain Dependency: Once a build's location is self-consistent, it must make sense with it's neighbors.

4) Number of confirmed individuals behind the application: Here's where I get creative. Any individual can only sign on their personal push to one build transference application, which can contain placements of multiple zones. To encourage larger collectives to apply as one unified whole and to work together to form their own Geopolitical sense.

5) Active-time-on-server seniority:
In the event of an intractable conflict over a location between groups that cannot be resolved by the groups themselves or mediation, and without a clear winner in the above categories, it will default to whoever has been around on the server the most as a method of fairly rewarding loyalty.

Build Influence:

Every placed build exerts a radius wherein other builds cannot be commenced without the consent of the owner. This system is being expanded upon to allow groups with large builds, and large collectives of builds, to secure larger areas while still remaining fairly based on plot numbers.

Any collection of plot claims influences the surrounding area away from it's edges based on the total number of plots within it, via the following arrangement:

1. Coruscant. (1601 + plots. )
-Maximum influence (700 block radius)
2. Metropolis (801 plots to 1600 plots)
-High influence (400 blocks)
3. City. (101 plots to 500 plots)
-Exerts moderate influence. (200 blocks)
4. Town. (Anything from 1 plot to 100 plots.)
-Exerts minimum influence. (100 block radius, as per building rule)

There is a special rule for territories here, namely, that if a build, or collection of builds concisely encapsulates an internal area, for sensible reasons, that area is also considered influenced.

As an example:

ClaimEnclosing.png

In this above picture it makes /zero/ sense for a build to be allowed within the interior space between these four builds.

Likewise, one can have a contested area, where the same thing happens between two non-aligned builds:

ClaimsContested.png

In this example, three rival builds are very close to one another. It does not make sense to allow a build anywhere within the purple area.

Of course, exceptions can always be made in exceptional cases, or if anyone tries to cheat the system.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
This says nothing about being able to move over land masses that are critical to the town, like specific mountains or islands. Will this be addressed later, or can you give me any information now?

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Well, I was hoping for political status to hold a bit more weight here, but I can't deny the fairness of this system. Thank you Nael.

Also, apparently Port Silver shifted, which means Riddleport will have to figure out a new location again. Though I suppose that isn't that big of a deal since that was bound to happen at least once before we get our turn to pick anyways.

So.... Based on these guidelines, do we have a ranking system then on the order we pick? I mean, obviously there will be some shifting due to terrain and faction logic and other constraints, but other than that there should be a rough ranking of who gets to pick when, yes?

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Picks are tiered via claim size, to put the biggest, hardest-to-maneuvre things in first.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
This says nothing about being able to move over land masses that are critical to the town, like specific mountains or islands. Will this be addressed later, or can you give me any information now?
Critical stuff comes with the free WE. That's part of town transfer, not site selection, but to answer: Anything you consider build-critical comes with.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
1. Coruscant. (1601 + plots. )
-Maximum influence (1000 block radius)
2. Metropolis (801 plots to 1600 plots)
-High influence (700 blocks)
3. City. (101 plots to 500 plots)
-Exerts moderate influence. (400 blocks)
4. Town. (Anything from 1 plot to 100 plots.)
-Exerts minimum influence. (100 block radius, as per building rule)
Did you mean to say plots instead of blocks? Because 1000 blocks is literally like nothing in regards to the size of a serious build.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Did you mean to say plots instead of blocks? Because 1000 blocks is literally like nothing in regards to the size of a serious build.
1000 blocks from every edge is huge.

Legion, could you add the raduis/area numbers? :D

Take a look at the following part of the map:

Capture20.PNG

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Yes, it is supposed to be blocks.

In fact, those areas are liable to be shortened. We will have to see how things fill up.
Currently, a town of 1000 plots (The metropolis tier) occupies via plot 25,600 blocks.
A metropolis exerts high influence, 700 blocks from plot edges. That increases the area it has influence in to 3,594,816 blocks. (give or take a thousand or so. I assumed a square configuration, as that maximizes area, but 1000 isnt a perfect square, so its not exact)

In fact I am now convinced that is way too much influence for how large the town is, and they will need to be revised. I mean, it just doesnt make sense that something with 25,ooo blocks can have influence in a 3.5 million block area. So yea, those values will change shortly~

@pyro the way this will go down from here is all people who wish to move something over will fill out a form, giving us information that we need to rank them. We will then rank all the claims, and simply go down the list.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
The thread about what info we need will be up shortly. There will be a period of time for everyone to give us their info, and then we will rank the claims, and then start gridding/moving over.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
@pyro the way this will go down from here is all people who wish to move something over will fill out a form, giving us information that we need to rank them. We will then rank all the claims, and simply go down the list.
Makes sense. So, in other words, we wait until the application form is posted.

Then each city owner fills out the app.

Then you'll take them all and rank them in order of size category.

Then, to determine rank for cities of similar size categories, you'll use how complete the city is, then terrain dependencies if any, then political/cultural/factional logic, and finally amount of people and server loyalty.

Gotcha, that all makes sense. I figure the thread starting post will be updated with the application when it is ready?

edit - got totally ninja'd there. Ignore my post. ha.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Precisely, in fact we will do all info in one go. Then we rank them, then the people at the top make their claims, and we move down the list, and the WEers start moving things over.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Update:
Info thread Posted.
Update: Influence Region Radii changed significantly.

Boulderpaul

Lord of Westray
Not sure on those influence radius amounts. I really wouldn't want anyone to start building a small region 150 blocks away from someone else's village and there ends up being huge problems if one of the regions turns into a city... Wasn't the whole point of the old 500 block minimum to stop things like this happening?

- Boulder

Edit: In reference to the other thread, you are asking only for information from people wanting towns moving over. What about us who don't need a town moving but will still be making significant builds in the new world. Shall we still post our information?

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Probably going to get ninja'd, but from the original post here, under Major Collectives part it says you claim your city size based on the number of plots owned or ready to be purchased. So however many plots you already have + how many you can buy would be the size of the build. Then, under point 1 of the subfactors section, you would indicate that your build is just in the imagination stage.

Hope that (is correct and) helps.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I added on to the other thread as well to disambiguate and move things back to what was presented and approved in the staff thread.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Not sure on those influence radius amounts. I really wouldn't want anyone to start building a small region 150 blocks away from someone else's village and there ends up being huge problems if one of the regions turns into a city... Wasn't the whole point of the old 500 block minimum to stop things like this happening?

- Boulder

Edit: In reference to the other thread, you are asking only for information from people wanting towns moving over. What about us who don't need a town moving but will still be making significant builds in the new world. Shall we still post our information?
500 blocks was larger than necessary. Far view distance is only 128.

Also I think some confusion may be coming from a misunderstanding. Influence regions may not intersect. Thus, two small builds each exert a radii of 150, but they are 300 blocks apart.