Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Newsletter: November 2022

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Staff

1647980359236.png
pumpkin_pie.png
Second Week of Stormwind
- Season of Decay-

Hello friends! We are BACK in groovin' November with our Newsletter.

LQLAM9m.png

[ SERVER UPDATES ]
EVENTS,
Events is always open to hearing pitches for creative ideas for Player or Staff DMs. Send solusrequiem an Event Ticket or discord message. For now, we encourage players making their own events and hosting them, encouraging groups to come together to create their roleplay experiences.​
[ x ] The Events Team will be focusing on Event Requests. Please see the thread here for further info. Events are picked out by available and interested DMs. Some events may be looked over for others, mostly due to availability. [ x ]
[ x ] There have been a few requested arcs with Know and the Seafolk Cult, which continue to have its focus whenever the respected DMs are able to continue them.​
LORE,
Lore has had quite the large shift this month, with the change of guard in our Lore Master. We have currently been working on Modernization & some new system updates, as well as a revamp of our forum pages that currently are up. We are dedicated to working through tickets and having players contribute in many different ways. We welcomed several new staff members to the Lore Team to help lead us and get us up to speed - make sure to say hello and check them out!​
Want to propose something to lore? Make a ticket and let's see what can happen!​
DIVINE,
The Divine Team welcomed GhostKairo back from a long hiatus this month, and he has quickly gotten his feet back under him. We are glad to have his assistance again! In September the team also released more concrete guidelines for Exalt challenges, balanced and approved several artifacts, wrapped up a divine quest, and continued with the spell mini-rework. A few of the divine-adjacent event chains run by Elz and Solus continued as the campaign wrapped up. We had our first Exalt Challenge in October for Jax.​
The team updated Baptisms in the past month as well. We also will be evaluating the specific guidelines for getting re-blessed after an OOC absence or IC fall from grace, hopefully making those more clear and fair. The goal is to not only have things make sense IC, but to be interesting for the players while minimizing frustrations for having to retread steps that had already been taken.​
We thank you for your patience on rankups and artifacts as we move through the fall months.​
ARCANE,
We welcome AionTbird, BradParadies, JoJoJoJoe, Arget and Somnastra to the Arcane Team proper! They are helping in a wide variety of various facets of the team. Aion has joined in order to provide support for the Animancy Rework, of which the team has had one meeting already to discuss the future of Animancy. We will share details as and when we have workable information for the community, and we thank you for your patience.​
The team approved several custom spell submissions this month, along with multiple Rank Up Requests, including our newest Echelon 5 Mage! September & October have certainly been slower months for the team, mainly due to a couple of us taking much needed step backs for a few days or so; we apologize for any delays in ticket responses anyone may have experienced as a result of this.​
In other news - over the several changing hands of Arcane, there have been a few discrepancies in Grandfathering. If you feel that you were not grandfathered appropriately, for any reason, please make a ticket for the Arcane team to look over. At this time, they may be taking off some APG points on your next rank-up following.​
Other than that, we have a couple exciting projects on the horizon to be unveiled soon; stay posted!​
SERVER OUTREACH,
Server Outreach has hired a plethora of new members. IceandFire was away for a majority of October with a new move and job, and so we welcome him back to full force as the team continues. Some updated things to look forward to from the team:​
[ x ] More Spawn Dailies - specifically focused around mundane and fun initiatives for RP.​
[ x ] Spawn Work - Shifting and changing the way the Council Works, the Guard Force, and more. Opening up the Noble Manors to a new system. Incorporating and taking in new ideas as we continue.​
[ x ] Forums - Continuing to work with Modernization to make the Forums a seamless and fun place to gather info.​
[ x ] New Player Initiatives - Finding fun ways to bring new players in and keep them happy.​
As for our current pages;​
[ x ] The SL Dailies: A new way to inspire day-to-day RP! Check out more information [ HERE ]
[ x ] The Restoration of Faith Arc - a new SL arc to restore the Cathedral, check it out [ HERE ]
[ x ] The Forum Team is underway to aid in the restructuring and ease of access for our forums, see [ HERE ] to join! We are working hard, expect to see changes soon.​
If you have suggestions about or for the Server Outreach team, please feel free to make a ticket - WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
GENERAL;
As we continue into this fall season, we look back on the great work all of our staff has done over the past few months to keep the server chugging along. Specifically Solus, who maintained and ran a fantastic Demon Campaign for all of us.​
Towards the future, we look to new developments, further changes, and deeper studies in our lore. We look to continue to strengthen our community together as we build what is so wonderful about HW. We always seek your thoughts, your opinions. They are valued to us. If you want to get more involved, we are always looking for voices.​
We hope everyone has a safe and happy Holiday Season approaching - and do let us know if there is anything you need.​

LQLAM9m.png
[ IC NEWS ]
Be sure to check out the [Roleplay Announcements] thread!​
Some public events planned for the upcoming weeks can be seen below, though check the calendar regularly so you don't miss any!​
[ x ] The Restoration of Faith Arc continues, check it out and all its events found here: [ x ]
[ x ] The Evenfall Academy is on the rise! Check it out here: [ x ]
[ x ] The Main Server campaign has wrapped - the Ivory King is dead.. what is next for Altera?​
There are several businesses should you find yourself in need of equipment or assistance. You can find the whole forum [here], but here are three spotlighted for the month:​
To get an idea of some of the ongoing occurrences of Altera, be sure to visit the rumour thread [here]! Here's a brief overview;​
- Dozens of builder's tents have arrayed themselves around Castle Messe in Ashstadt, The White Tower. Across the village, a tremendous mound of dirt set aside for future earthworks is the result of an unprecedented amount of excavation. The Bibliotheca is under construction. . -
- Early one afternoon, the sounds of a nigh-orchestra of instruments escapes from the ballroom of the Eldpoint Palace, seemingly in some kind of rehearsal. -
- The isle Wust'Gar'Delk within Linlea is a sacred forestland, home to many untouched wildlife. Within its treelines lays one of many moss covered trunks with hollow holes.....Though, around one special area, the flowers seem to exude the scent of wolves. How strange -
LQLAM9m.png

[ CHALLENGES ]
For the month of November, we will be doing a "Give Thanks" Celebration across HW. For every moment of thanks you comment below - either to a person or to something relating to our community, we will tally and give a full reward at the end of the month. Let's have a feel good celebration to kick off this season of thanks.​
The best and the brightest will win radiants, a special little item, and a vote token!​

Last edited by a moderator:

Moosh

Lord of Altera
Hero
Pronouns
He/Him
Mooshroommanic
Mooshroommanic
Hero
Thank you TagTeamChampion for putting in so much hard work to the arcane system!!!

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
thanks for nothin icefire120

(fr tho glad you’re here)

Arget Istalri

Legend of Altera
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
ArgetIstalri
ArgetIstalri
Merchant
Since I missed yesterday:

2. Thank you xVigil for mentioning to me months ago that you wanted to try fantasy roleplay. Wouldn’t have come here otherwise.

Last edited:

LuxTop

Legend of Altera
Thank you Kosta for keeping villains alive on HW with iconic Branko and Co; every goodie needs a baddie
and thanks for ripping Rein off in a fun way : ) Can't wait for him to change

Kaoiyr

I think I might like it here
Villager
Kaoiyr
Kaoiyr
Villager
thank you blargtheawesome for making me laugh every time we play Hunt: Showdown, either because you have the absolute worst luck or the absolute best comedic timing.

Mara

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
The_Reaper_Angel
The_Reaper_Angel
Legend
For today and yesterday cause I got busy

Thank you to Lovelyninja567 for being such an amazing friend :heart:

Thank you to hayhaiya for all the amazing roleplay and for being a good music sharing buddy :heart:

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Thank you to Azur for just being a wonderful human. He's someone that pulled me from a dark place and made things feel so much brighter. I owe the world to him.

Thank you to Kaoiyr for always being a shoulder to cry on when things look rough or when my paranoia gets the better of me.

Thank you to Cho for always livening the mood when things get quiet and just always being a little ray of sunshine.

Thank you to Elz for giving me another chance to fix what we had before. I'll always be thankful that we could move on from the past and be close again.

Arget Istalri

Legend of Altera
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
ArgetIstalri
ArgetIstalri
Merchant
Shoot I forgot about this, I meant to do one each day.

3. Thank you TagTeamChampion for making me laugh with all your stickers. I make a game out of trying to guess which one you'll use.

4. Thank you AbsentUser for being my friend for the past... three? Four years? I can't keep track.

5. Thank you Moosh for tolerating me when I randomly show up in the middle of nowhere demanding roleplay. Adda is one of my favorite characters.

There, now I'm up to date.

Last edited:

Mara

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
The_Reaper_Angel
The_Reaper_Angel
Legend
Thank I am Wake for being super cool when my brain was complete mush and being a really cool person!

Thank Electric for all the laughs and funny gifs on discord!

Thank The Cinnaroll for being a great "mom" and a great older sister ooc because I have considered you one for awhile! :heart:

Thank Baron2537 for inviting me to play Sydri so many years ago, it really has been a journey and I have made many friends along the way!

Magic Intern

Lord of Altera
Legend
Retired Staff
time for my board mandated gratitude

(seriously though, when I was typing up Maebh's magic feats I realised how many Solus events I've been to/requested. Thank-you for the lovely GM'ing, all the superlatives in the world :))