Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Phases of the Exodus

S

Stevey

We are currently in: Phase Unknown.

Phase one: Creation
During this phase the world is created by the Kings and Queens of Altera.

Phase two: Exploration
During phase two players will be allowed through the portal. They can explore the new world, gain inspiration for a location for their (new) city or town.

Phase three: Founding of the Capital
During this phase the Capital city will be established and the core infrastructure will be built.

Phase four: Founding of the Cities
During this phase the core cities of Altera will be established in the new world.

Phase five: Moving over of current towns
During this phase current towns and projects will be moved over from the old world into the new.

Phase six: Closing the gate.
During this phase the gate allowing access from the old world into the new will be closed off, and the old world will be destroyed.

Phase seven: Calling the Banners, A Game of Crowns - UNKNOWN
With the Exodus over the surviving families of Altera rise, alliances are formed and banners are raised. The battle for the Silver Crown begins!

Phase eight: Hollowworld - UNKNOWN
Queen Grief escapes from The Hollowworld, the Greylings and Earthspawn roam the continent and the exploration of The Hollowworld begins.

Edited by Cubey

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
An insight into the thinking behind phase seven will be announced soon.

jrk190

Legend of Altera
So, I hate to be the one to troll, but about how much time will you think there be inbetween each phase? Or is it unplanned.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Toll! :p
Anyway... My banner will not be called by anyone else I bet so it's fine but... Is it that only knights and above may call for banners or is everyone entitled to one? Also, how will alliances work? Will there really be more medieval-styled conspiracies, sabotages, murders and all the other thrill and excitement that there was behind politics? Also, will the world of politics be more... politic-y? As in, the knights, lords and radiants alike all fight to become the most powerful and have the most say in the world... I know for sure I shall be the one keeping quiet, on the edges of the world, living in a small fortress that offers home and shelter to anyone in need. However, the world of politics has always interested me and so, if there is such world finally being implemented, I will be sure to have a go...

I also think that the people who became donators before the exodus should be known as "The old nobility" who will have a little bit more say then the new ones in the world affairs because of their family's age.

Oh... Nearly forgot to say something about the plan itself *facepalm* I relly like this, and I will be sure to fight back against the evil *spits* Queen_Grief...

cherbert

Founder
Retired Staff
Will there really be more medieval-styled conspiracies, sabotages, murders and all the other thrill and excitement that there was behind politics? Also, will the world of politics be more... politic-y? As in, the knights, lords and radiants alike all fight to become the most powerful and have the most say in the world....
oh yes!

Everyone is entitled to design a sigil and name for their house. Unless you reside in a city or town then you must all be one family or in alliance with that family. And of course a family has to have a motto ;-)

But don't hold me to anything - its all a bit up in the air and lots of details need to be looked at. Its an exciting idea but we have lots of phases to get through first and lars will probably be annoyed with me for creating more work.

DeadPress

Bandit Overlord
Conspiracies, sabotages and murders are a common occurance in Protaras i just hope the new breed of travelers to the new lands can handle the storm that is approaching.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Pfft Fine! Be that way! Lord Polo Therion (pronounced Theerion) and his familiy shall win thy crown! Weather by diplomacy, or by force...

Tantara

Resigned Admin
oh yes!

Everyone is entitled to design a sigil and name for their house. Unless you reside in a city or town then you must all be one family or in alliance with that family. And of course a family has to have a motto ;-)

But don't hold me to anything - its all a bit up in the air and lots of details need to be looked at. Its an exciting idea but we have lots of phases to get through first and lars will probably be annoyed with me for creating more work.

This is the most exciting bit of news since I learned about the new map.

Will we have minor houses/bannermen? And will there be a plugin to support this? (like a factions plugin or something similar? Just to help group people?)

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Or let's make the houses and families sooo terribly mixed up that, at one point, they'd look like medieval times (hundreds of different families :confused:)

cherbert

Founder
Retired Staff
Need for houses (families) to have a backstory/approval?
Backstory/History would be good. If you keep them generic Medieval/Fantasy and you don't go outside the realms of the new core races (to be announced) then I see no reason for approval/moderation.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to see people design and use their sigil as their avatar to show allegiance to their house/family. But I wouldn't want everyone having one - existing towns and cities who currently show loyalty to each other should join forces to form a house. The idea is that the city is made up of a family and loyal servants and other general population who swear allegiance to that house.

With the new projects system people will be able to have homes in multiple towns or cities thus why it would be prudent to suggest only towns & cities who are in alliance with your house allow you to establish a home in their city. But I don't think I need to spell that out - I'm sure you won't allow enemies to infiltrate your city.

Tantara

Resigned Admin
Backstory/History would be good. If you keep them generic Medieval/Fantasy and you don't go outside the realms of the new core races (to be announced) then I see no reason for approval/moderation.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to see people design and use their sigil as their avatar to show allegiance to their house/family. But I wouldn't want everyone having one - existing towns and cities who currently show loyalty to each other should join forces to form a house.
I was referring to Polo's post; I already have a partial backstory up (wood elf)
Our sigil will be a curling golden vine on a field of green >:D

Gah, so excited to see this. Can't think of a single thing that I could possibly want to add to the server now

cherbert

Founder
Retired Staff
I was referring to Polo's post; I already have a partial backstory up (wood elf)
Our sigil will be a curling golden vine on a field of green >:D

Gah, so excited to see this. Can't think of a single thing that I could possibly want to add to the server now
I was referring to backstory for your house.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Yeah that's what I meant... Minor houses should be allowed but what I meant was that in medieval times (I know too much >.<) there were sooo many houses at one point nobody knew about most of them