Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Phases of the Exodus

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
I know lol. I think Polo was implying that there would be too many houses if minor ones were allowed
Its a point already raised. We need to think about it. This whole idea can be discussed and contributed to by the community to help maximise its potential.

However, I don't see at this stage any thought or desire to use a plugin - not that I even think one exists. The idea right now is to try and keep the basis roleplay with certain rules and objectives for PvP and the outcomes for such battles. Not that I want battles to be regular things as PvP is still not a massive thrill for me - I'm more interested in the political and RP aspects. For example.. how the hell do we solve the issue of allowing a House to expand its might and status? I'm sure a sacked city owner wouldn't enjoy giving up his city and swearing allegiance to the conquering family - or would they?

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
Yeah that's what I meant... Minor houses should be allowed but what I meant was that in medieval times (I know too much >.<) there were sooo many houses at one point nobody knew about most of them
At this moment in time I'm inclined to favor allowing anyone to form a house. But a house without an established city or cities isn't going to amount to much in the political arena. And as you say, nobody will hear about them.

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
by the way, since im not fully in depth on the whole "Game of Thrones" aspect your trying to go for...how is this goung to work? what will happen to the house that obtains the crown? etc.

Alec

Lord of Altera
I have a question (that may have been asked before, I haven't read every post), since there will be less cities thanks to this amazing and well needed move. Will players like myself be able to create a town for the usual 10k or a discount?

Tantara

Resigned Admin
by the way, since im not fully in depth on the whole "Game of Thrones" aspect your trying to go for...how is this goung to work? what will happen to the house that obtains the crown? etc.
The prestige of being (rp) King/Queen of Altera

Essentially, diplomacy+warfare until you're on top! and then someone undermines you and someone else takes over! and then someone usurps them and then you go again!

Jónsak

Lord of Altera
Well my idea of the houses and families and stuff is:
House.png Could work something like this. If you dont get it i could explain it better =)
Like lots of houses form a family who forms an alliance with another family who could be allied with another family who is at war with that family ect.
ADDED: This would make like if there were lots of 1-3 man houses work better in a family or they could just form one big house but some ppl are stubborn and want their own house ;)

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
this justr ame to mind. what if only donators and up can create huses that way it gives off a sign of nobility among the playerbase such as villagers and up? that way it also solves the problem of having too many houses

Alec

Lord of Altera
this justr ame to mind. what if only donators and up can create huses that way it gives off a sign of nobility among the playerbase such as villagers and up? that way it also solves the problem of having too many houses
This would be a great idea, because who wants to donate to have it taken away... Ever since I donated I make sure I walk on egg shells.
If this is how it will happen I think lord and up.

Peculiar Player

The Dragon Cultist
This would be a great idea, because who wants to donate to have it taken away... Ever since I donated I make sure I walk on egg shells.
If this is how it will happen I think lord and up.
Agreed! Lord and up should be able to build! And maybe for a small price? Say: 5,000?

Alec

Lord of Altera
A home for 5k? I'm sorry to say I wouldn't do that. That is quite a lot with the dirt cheap folk like myself?

Peculiar Player

The Dragon Cultist
A home for 5k? I'm sorry to say I wouldn't do that. That is quite a lot with the dirt cheap folk like myself?
Well, If its a family house it should be big, but not too big, and well-made. Also in medeival times, werent famillies rich?

Alec

Lord of Altera
Not all families were rich....
Most people who had a home could be poor. I agree with you. Its just the magnitude of the house and how many people will pitch in. Then again if your going to go around asking people "Hay want to be in my family" we might as well make this a faction server. And you know how enjoyable those are :confused: .

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
agreed 74% of medeval populace were either poor or farmers or merchents and or tye common street rabble such as theives or bandits. but what were talking about yerenare political and social houses like the baskervilles and their rivals (cant remember their name)

Jónsak

Lord of Altera
No, have you ever seen Game of Thrones? That series explain it pretty good. Though if your under 18 i do not recommend watching those without parents permitting.

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
your all getting this wrong! think of these "houses" as political seats among the people of altera in your own town