Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

*Poster* Skraag Rising

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
'Tis very harsh and rude, indeed... :(

I believe this is a very interesting concept, as many would wish the rise of a God that returns folks after death-- even if the God themselves demand very questionable requests! I'd love to meet such a person whom believes these views in-character, as whom are our characters to logically deny them the wish to bring back people after death? :eek:
Makes for very interesting Roleplay indeed!

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
The thing that I find to be a waste of time is that Dumni will not get recognised by Skraag any more if the Divine Law is anything to go by. What with it's recent update, I would assume that Staff and the Gods still care about those little rules.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Those are OOC rules. If a character- a faithful eccentric- was to give up based on an OOC thread- then there would be no point to doing anything that isn't already said in lore or the forums. It makes for diverse and interesting Roleplay that a person- or collective of people- believe they can push forth a new fellowship.
If it becomes successful, they may not need to be recolonized as individuals, but as their collective.

If you do not have anything nice to say about other peoples enjoyment and IC goals, I believe you do harm by commenting such an image. =/

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Those are OOC rules. If a character- a faithful eccentric- was to give up based on an OOC thread- then there would be no point to doing anything that isn't already said in lore or the forums. It makes for diverse and interesting Roleplay that a person- or collective of people- believe they can push forth a new fellowship.
If it becomes successful, they may not need to be recolonized as individuals, but as their collective.

If you do not have anything nice to say about other peoples enjoyment and IC goals, I believe you do harm by commenting such an image. =/
The Divine Law is IC, man? The Gods refuse to acknowledge mages.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
There is certainly still those whom will not acknowledge the law. What I meant was: only because we know OOCly that the Divine Law should be recognized as truth, it will not stop people trying in-character. And it brings diversity to Roleplay and characters which makes for differing viewpoints, very enjoyable to experience in-character.

I am sorry if I am not clear enough... I'm trying to wrap my head around what you are trying to argue =/
Why not let them do their do, man! :(

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
I fully recognize that the jab was at the server. Could you link me the new rules that you are talking about? I was told by Lannis that a character gaining magic ability was "a bit of a grey area" with the gods.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
There is certainly still those whom will not acknowledge the law. What I meant was: only because we know OOCly that the Divine Law should be recognized as truth, it will not stop people trying in-character. And it brings diversity to Roleplay and characters which makes for differing viewpoints, very enjoyable to experience in-character.

I am sorry if I am not clear enough... I'm trying to wrap my head around what you are trying to argue =/
Why not let them do their do, man! :(
The thing is, even if a character, or group of characters make grand achievements, the likelihood of it making any difference to the server or the Gods is very slim. The reason why is that the server, as a 'person', just isn't roleplaying very well right now, if at all. So, roleplay with the Gods is really dying, because even though a character /should/ be able to gain recognition from the Gods and make some kind of achievement like undeath, players just don't believe it is possible because of the way the server is. . . well. . . un-responsive. Many characters may not even believe that the Gods exist, and are shocked from hearing that other characters have, in fact, seen and talked to the Gods(Referencing personal experience).

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Also, a bit of lore straight from Skraag's mouth: Some of the original/old Skraag worshipers were Mystics.