Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

*Poster* Skraag Rising

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
the divine law thread was silently edited a few days ago with new stuff. It's there.

edit: http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/the-divine-law.30219/
(Solus NIAH ) A polite request - if folks are going to silently edit things can they at least fix the formatting/numbering afterwards and not leave a rule deleted out? Not even a 'Please don't silently retcon' lore ask, but a request to put some damn effort into it.

It even contradicts the gravitas of the first rule. (Our word is absolute! Ignore the thing we erased!)

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
(Solus NIAH ) A polite request - if folks are going to silently edit things can they at least fix the formatting/numbering afterwards and not leave a rule deleted out? Not even a 'Please don't silently retcon' lore ask, but a request to put some damn effort into it.

It even contradicts the gravitas of the first rule. (Our word is absolute! Ignore the thing we erased!)
that was taken out during somnastra's day because anhalders cut out a kid's tongue for blaspheming

this thread was made in response
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/the-missing-divine-law.38032/

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
the divine law thread was silently edited a few days ago with new stuff. It's there.

edit: http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/the-divine-law.30219/

Indeed, that was long, long long ago.

All that I edited was syntax of the IC Laws. Talking about the Blessed instead of the Exalted/High Church. The missing Law was long before my time in Lore. I would have made a public alert to the change, but I was sort of wanting to wait until the Spawn Cathedral was finished and they were ICly written there. Additionally I removed the OOC note about the grey area of the magic schools, as Brit had noticed. Was going to remove the other OOC note so that they would be an entirely IC post, but I think I had to walk away to do something at the time.

But hey guys. Surprise! Yall found the edit early. :p

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Many characters may not even believe that the Gods exist, and are shocked from hearing that other characters have, in fact, seen and talked to the Gods(Referencing personal experience).
Can relate

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Additionally I removed the OOC note about the grey area of the magic schools, as Brit had noticed.

Yeah, that grey area had quite a number of us believing that "official" magic schools and divine boons could mix. Now I've got to chose whether to see if I can retcon my arcane magic in hopes for divine boons because that's what my character would look for, or to say screw my original character design as I've put way too much time and effort in arcane learning. I hope you can understand the frustration. Of course this could have been answered when I had asked way back when, though I realize that's no fault of yours, niah.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Deary me... I had never intended to set off such a reaction of comments ;~; I just wished to tell off BoredBrit for being rude to someone's interesting IC ideologist! I apologies for all drama caused on this thread set off by my nit-picking in relation to lore, metagaming and frustrations :(