Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

*** Premium Subscriptions *** NOW AVAILABLE!

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Two questions that may have been answered, feel free to throw rotten tomatoes at me if they have been.

1. Does my alt account get this?
  2. The buycraft.net is down for me, anyone else the same?
-K9

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
Update!

The Annual Subscription of $60 is now a lifetime subscription. If you are currently an Annual Subscriber please cancel your Paypal subscription billing.

The 6 Monthly subscription is now only $25 - providing 6 months subscription for the price of 5.

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
Because of lack of subscriptions lately we are adding a few more perks to the subscriber rank. From this week access to the Basement section of our forum will be made exclusively available to only those who subscribe to our premium donation pack.

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
I agree that there may be needed to add new perks, but!
I call big bs on making the basement for subscribers

It will only lead to anger, unfairness and more trouble for admins after players don't have a place to drop of their random stuff

Maybe make another thread, but I stand against making the basement subscriber only

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
As a subscriber, any and all extra perks are extremely welcome. However, I agree with Mokwar here. Part of the fun of the basement is that everyone can get involved in the shenanigans. The best example I can think of is the "+Confession+" thread, which is easily one of the most popular threads on this whole forum, if not the most popular. Excluding people from this is just a mean and juvenile way of gaining more monthly subscribers .

Not everyone can afford five dollars a month. Let's be realistic, these are hard times on many people and a lot of people are living paycheck to paycheck.

While you or I or perhaps everyone in this community may be well off, it is wrong to make that assumption and it shouldn't be made. Someone might have saved up for quite some time to donate even the smallest amount, but $5 may be out of their reach. Segregation is the wrong way to do things in a tight knit community.

I do, however, fully support the idea of a whole new subscriber only thread/donator only thread, taking away something everybody already loves is a bad, bad idea. In fact, I quite like the idea. It might be a way for subscriber to better interact with the lore team/staff/management.

Also, just to note it, I think that donating for extra forum bonuses is awesome and something I'd do (Perhaps even a whole new donating tier?). Any way for me to help HW is good in my eyes, with a few exceptions.

-K9

Last edited:

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
As a subscriber, any and all extra perks are extremely welcome. However, I agree with Mokwar here. Part of the fun of the basement is that everyone can get involved in the shenanigans. The best example I can think of is the "+Confession+" thread, which is easily one of the most popular threads on this whole forum, if not the most popular. Excluding people from this is just a mean and juvenile way of gaining more monthly subscribers .

Not everyone can afford five dollars a month. Let's be realistic, these are hard times on many people and a lot of people are living paycheck to paycheck.

While you or I or perhaps everyone in this community may be well off, it is wrong to make that assumption and it shouldn't be made. Someone might have saved up for quite some time to donate even the smallest amount, but $5 may be out of their reach. Segregation is the wrong way to do things in a tight knit community.

I do, however, fully support the idea of a whole new subscriber only thread/donator only thread, taking away something everybody already loves is a bad, bad idea. In fact, I quite like the idea. It might be a way for subscriber to better interact with the lore team/staff/management.

Also, just to note it, I think that donating for extra forum bonuses is awesome and something I'd do (Perhaps even a whole new donating tier?). Any way for me to help HW is good in my eyes, with a few exceptions.

-K9
there is a section for subs only... also check the amount on the donation page and the date of today

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
there is a section for subs only... also check the amount on the donation page and the date of today
As for the second part, I fully understand. I was simply referring to if it was needed ( a new forum section, that is ).

As for the second part, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to get at...

-K9

Anithola

Lord of Altera
With all due respect, I think taking away the basement section from non-subscribers is a pretty bad way to handle this... Me myself was barely able to donate for the patron title thanks to some help from the lovely Rauyran. The basement section is where i spend like 80% of my time here on the forums, its where people share fun, interesting or simply nice things with each other, that is not directly related to minecraft or the server. In my opinion removing the basement section for regulars will take away a huge part of this nice little community.

On a side note: I do understand that donations are sorely needed to keep hollowworld alive, I just dont think this is an appropriate way to deal with the problem.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
We're entirely serious. The staff has been discussing this for some weeks and we've unanimously agreed to make the Basement a subscriber-only forum in order to drum up money from donations. This will help pay for our services as staff - I only made $15 off HW last month! To be fair, management gets the lion's share of the donation money, but I feel the admins do a good deal of work as well.

Really, it's your fault for not paying more to participate in our community.

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
We're entirely serious. The staff has been discussing this for some weeks and we've unanimously agreed to make the Basement a subscriber-only forum in order to drum up money from donations. This will help pay for our services as staff - I only made $15 off HW last month! To be fair, management gets the lion's share of the donation money, but I feel the admins do a good deal of work as well.

Really, it's your fault for not paying more to participate in our community.
Pfaahahaha