Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Public Notice] The Baron's Intent

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
For a person who is mad about people 'claiming' he's a murder, putting in 'I'll kill ya and all yer people' is ironic, haha xD

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
"I shall turn a blind eye..."

Wai... wai... wait?

Sif is willing to OVERLOOK heresy for money as well as some other concessions?

That sounds like heresy to me.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single

Wai... wai... wait?

That or he's referring to his actual blind eye.

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
This just in:

Sif is a moralless heretic

-K9

The Courier

Lord of Altera

Wai... wai... wait?

Oy gevalt!! They found me out, quick to Tel Aviv! This is all coincidence goyim.

Nah, I'm going the Catholic ideal of repentance and action shows the betterment of person and action. As well, this is the only way I could think of to peacefully resolve this and allow people who don't want to fight to back out. Sadly, OOC has gotten in the way of IC this day.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Oy gevalt!! They found me out, quick to Tel Aviv! This is all coincidence goyim.

Nah, I'm going the Catholic ideal of repentance and action shows the betterment of person and action. As well, this is the only way I could think of to peacefully resolve this and allow people who don't want to fight to back out. Sadly, OOC has gotten in the way of IC this day.
There are other peaceful solutions.

1. Pay your bounty off, apologize to the Crowns you've offended, and allow yourself to be banished from said lands (because is Sif really going to visit Mockingbay, Wise, and the Dominion after what happened? I doubt it)
-This would involve Sif swallowing his pride.
2. Allow Sif to be taken to trial without starting WW3.
-Starting WW3 over Law Enforcement is pretty petty- and the First World War happened because some rich shmuck got shot.
3. Peaceful negotiation without rattling sabers at us.

If violence is the only path a man can choose, he is not fit to govern or command the lives of men, women and children.

Remember the words of Sun Tzu:

• For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
  • He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.
Currently, Sif does not know the strength of the people who rally against him. He may have estimates, but he will never be truly sure. Why gamble with fate just now?

Sif's Logic is as follows, "Because I broke laws in a sovereign land, I will now retaliate by attacking said sovereign land instead of just leaving or following those laws. But I'm not a criminal- even though I broke the law, I'm actually justified because I said so." No civilized nation would accept that either today or back then. They would just kill Sif. So, Sif is actually just digging his own grave with this self-aggrandizement.

His idea of a peaceful solution is demanding humiliating and inflammatory actions or otherwise he'll kill them. His demands would already put many people in a area of weakness, and it is therefore understandable that no man would agree to them. If they did, there may be peace- but it will be a peace fraught with economic and social discord and the inevitablity that Sif and his men will attack anyways.

It's basically saying, "Either live crippled and then be attacked eventually anyways- or be attacked now." The latter option is generally going to be the one rulers pick- why? Because they'd most likely be stronger now than they would be if they decided to go with the enemy's demands.
If the nations listed comply with Sif's demands, he will attack again- even if he hasn't said it explicitly. He is a paladin, being high and mighty and brutish is what they do. I've met plenty.

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
He's an Anhalder- which means he's also a religious fanatic.
Simply put: This statement is incorrect.
EDIT: Sorry, just woke up, going to clarify this. Sif is not an Anhalder, he is on good terms with Anhald, but he and his people are not affiliated with Anhald politically. Sif also doesn't worship Ignis, he follows Silas, hence 'Paladin of Silas'.
2ND EDIT: He is extremely hard on heretics, so I somewhat understand 'religious fanatic' but he is only going after people for that is because in his eyes, he was following the Divine Law.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
There are other peaceful solutions.

1. Pay your bounty off, apologize to the Crowns you've offended, and allow yourself to be banished from said lands (because is Sif really going to visit Mockingbay, Wise, and the Dominion after what happened? I doubt it)
-This would involve Sif swallowing his pride.
2. Allow Sif to be taken to trial without starting WW3.
-Starting WW3 over Law Enforcement is pretty petty- and the First World War happened because some rich shmuck got shot.
3. Peaceful negotiation without rattling sabers at us.

If violence is the only path a man can choose, he is not fit to govern or command the lives of men, women and children.

Remember the words of Sun Tzu:

• For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
  • He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.
Currently, Sif does not know the strength of the people who rally against him. He may have estimates, but he will never be truly sure. Why gamble with fate just now?

Sif's Logic is as follows, "Because I broke laws in a sovereign land, I will now retaliate by attacking said sovereign land instead of just leaving or following those laws. But I'm not a criminal- even though I broke the law, I'm actually justified because I said so." No civilized nation would accept that either today or back then. They would just kill Sif. So, Sif is actually just digging his own grave with this self-aggrandizement.

His idea of a peaceful solution is demanding humiliating and inflammatory actions or otherwise he'll kill them. His demands would already put many people in a area of weakness, and it is therefore understandable that no man would agree to them. If they did, there may be peace- but it will be a peace fraught with economic and social discord and the inevitablity that Sif and his men will attack anyways.

It's basically saying, "Either live crippled and then be attacked eventually anyways- or be attacked now." The latter option is generally going to be the one rulers pick- why? Because they'd most likely be stronger now than they would be if they decided to go with the enemy's demands.
If the nations listed comply with Sif's demands, he will attack again- even if he hasn't said it explicitly. He is a paladin, being high and mighty and brutish is what they do. I've met plenty.
Can speak from IC experience when I say turning the character in does wonders in the department of not getting killed or hunted

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Can speak from IC experience when I say turning the character in does wonders in the department of not getting killed or hunted
I'm sure that when Sif thinks there is a chance he may get killed, he will consider turning himself in. Until then, why would he even think about it, it'd be stupid to give in to someone who couldn't force their claim.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
I'm sure that when Sif thinks there is a chance he may get killed, he will consider turning himself in. Until then, why would he even think about it, it'd be stupid to give in to someone who couldn't force their claim.
*Shrug* How is that different from basically saying 'Eyy imma killa ya and burn your stuff'? Realistically, this would just prompt all involved to start an even more extreme manhunt, because now there is a chance he will harm more people and burn more crops. And on that note, why even say 'oh, yeah I put 10K more on his head!11' when you will withdraw because of a generic Sif-statement? Did the houses not expect this xD

LiraKitty

Lord of Altera
Putting in my opinion here, this is why interesting rp is so hard to come by. Things happen IC and then people want to turn it into an ooc argument instead of rolling with it. Do we need to nitpick as to why it happened? In the end it happened so roll with it, utilize it to further the rp experience. Why are we upset that someone retaliated to having a bounty put on their head other than because things did not go as planned? People it is rp, things never go as planned! Relax, have fun and for the love of god stop arguing oocly about it, it's a game!